Warrior G5

cwarnar

56 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

How did you attach your prolaces? Did they fit smaller than your ccm’s, under the impression ccm is about one size bigger. 

I have the hybrid prolaces, so I used the aglet end of the skate lace ties that came with them to push under one hole and out the other (used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it through). I'll grab a picture and post it when I am home from work.

image.png.d6747d091685353f8bc511ccc0e09d09.png

The G5 does not have washers there, so it was pretty easy to install. I tugged on it a bit after I installed them and it seemed pretty secure. If there was a good way to access and lengthen the toe ARS strap, I wouldn't have bothered with the prolaces. But as it is, it doesn't look like you can't really get under that piece of grey jenpro that is over the elastic without ripping some stuff. To be fair, I did not try very hard because they are brand new pads and I didn't want to break anything on them :)

While they have a very flexible boot, they fit about the same (maybe a little smaller) because the angle of the boot is steeper and there is a bit of padding under the boot area, compared to the very flat boot on the EF4.

Edited by Teezle

5 hours ago, Teezle said:

I have the hybrid prolaces, so I used the aglet end of the skate lace ties that came with them to push under one hole and out the other (used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it through). I'll grab a picture and post it when I am home from work.

image.png.d6747d091685353f8bc511ccc0e09d09.png

The G5 does not have washers there, so it was pretty easy to install. I tugged on it a bit after I installed them and it seemed pretty secure. If there was a good way to access and lengthen the toe ARS strap, I wouldn't have bothered with the prolaces. But as it is, it doesn't look like you can't really get under that piece of grey jenpro that is over the elastic without ripping some stuff. To be fair, I did not try very hard because they are brand new pads and I didn't want to break anything on them :)

While they have a very flexible boot, they fit about the same (maybe a little smaller) because the angle of the boot is steeper and there is a bit of padding under the boot area, compared to the very flat boot on the EF4.

So you think that they are a little smaller than the ccms or the other way around?

I was thinking of putting my pro laces in that spot but didn’t know if there was enough material there to hold the laces without them tearing the material. 

6 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

So you think that they are a little smaller than the ccms or the other way around?

I was thinking of putting my pro laces in that spot but didn’t know if there was enough material there to hold the laces without them tearing the material. 

In terms of where my knee landed, I thought the G5s fit the same or slightly smaller than the EF4s (knee was hitting the same spot on the stack, or very slightly higher).

It seems sturdy enough to attach them there, but I guess time will tell.

This is how I attached the prolaces. I didn't cut the laces down yet, because if they don't work well I can remove them more easily this way. There is another slit in the piece of the grey jenpro that I hooked the original ARS strap onto to keep it out of the way. 

0?ui=2&ik=adad6a1caa&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1669733972619829106&th=172c163393681f72&view=fimg&disp=thd&attbid=ANGjdJ91Y8rCxCYR2Fb6EAi6TkOMsdeThcHsOdOiK7z-PpRhfHeY_iaUZOMOV72tj3ZmtblVk-EzWj87CqZiCr6rjCNyD-ruAfhnH4MINTNf8HZKqXVcNVc_JrEQGYY&ats=2524608000000&sz=w1771-h889

15 hours ago, Teezle said:

In terms of where my knee landed, I thought the G5s fit the same or slightly smaller than the EF4s (knee was hitting the same spot on the stack, or very slightly higher).

It seems sturdy enough to attach them there, but I guess time will tell.

I believe that it’ll be sturdy enough. It is to pieces of jenpro that are double stitched together. 

a little update to my g5 situation

after initally having poor service from hockey monkey eu, im glad to say one of the social media reps really stepped up and has been amazing, 

from the looks of it, hm have been given a bad batch of pads, ive chosen the best of these. 

for me, esp being in the uk and ordering we get either full white, or full black sets mainly.

id rather the odd wrinkle and a nice design over all black.

so the 3s bauer stuffs going back, at my cost obs, and the warriors will be sent out over the next week

I think I got my strapping set up for these dialed in last night. Using the prolaces toe ties, but also the elastic boot strap - strapped under the middle of my boot, not the heel - was the perfect combination of easy rotation and then coming back true when I recovered into my stance. I kept the knee strapping up by the knee; originally I had it down to the calf like on my previous set, but I think the nylon strap works better on the outside of the knee.

1 hour ago, Teezle said:

I think I got my strapping set up for these dialed in last night. Using the prolaces toe ties, but also the elastic boot strap - strapped under the middle of my boot, not the heel - was the perfect combination of easy rotation and then coming back true when I recovered into my stance. I kept the knee strapping up by the knee; originally I had it down to the calf like on my previous set, but I think the nylon strap works better on the outside of the knee.

What do you think of them so far? I can’t wait to get mine hopefully soon. 

It’s a mass produced pad I think you will get some minor things no matter what. You would probably have to personally pick through sets to find exactly what you want. I know it’s not ideal since they are brand new pads but you could always bend them back. My pads have a slight curve in them because I rest on them when I’m net. 

Nah not having that, like saying you buy a new bmw but mite have to fit the bumper yourself cos its mass produced. 

Its a bad batch that should never have left warrior. 

I know my way round pads, ive taken them apart enough times, that wont bend back. Ive had close to 20 sets in my life not once had that. 

Just think its a bit crap there sending products like that out at all