Warrior G5

cwarnar

42 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

I’m a little sour now, I ordered mine 4/14 and still haven’t received them. Maybe a solid color is quicker to knock out than several colors? I’m guessing two more weeks for mine, they still have to get them In then ship them to me 

Lead times on gear seem to depend on a number of factors.  The retailer you pick sometimes seems to have and effect.   But I can share an example that removes that variable:

A co-worker and I both ordered Axis sets within a week of each other.  He ordered a set in CBJ colors a week before I ordered a set in Graphite Grey, navy and yellow.  His expected arrival date was a week AFTER mine, meaning for whatever reason CCM  thought his set would take 2 weeks longer to build.   Both sets are 34" with single break internal and external, so I'm not sure if it's the colors, the strapping differences or if I just lucked into an earlier production slot for some reason. 

34 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Lead times on gear seem to depend on a number of factors.  The retailer you pick sometimes seems to have and effect.   But I can share an example that removes that variable:

A co-worker and I both ordered Axis sets within a week of each other.  He ordered a set in CBJ colors a week before I ordered a set in Graphite Grey, navy and yellow.  His expected arrival date was a week AFTER mine, meaning for whatever reason CCM  thought his set would take 2 weeks longer to build.   Both sets are 34" with single break internal and external, so I'm not sure if it's the colors, the strapping differences or if I just lucked into an earlier production slot for some reason. 

Ya that’s what I was thinking on how it works. Maybe it takes the person making the pad longer to do separate colors but pretty quick if the pads are one solid color. Cut everything from one roll and be done with it vs having to cut several  pieces from different colors. 

they could of also like you said missed the production batch. Like they make X amount of pads a week and his snick in to that batch. 

On 6/26/2020 at 9:47 AM, Quadzilla32 said:

Ya that’s what I was thinking on how it works. Maybe it takes the person making the pad longer to do separate colors but pretty quick if the pads are one solid color. Cut everything from one roll and be done with it vs having to cut several  pieces from different colors. 

they could of also like you said missed the production batch. Like they make X amount of pads a week and his snick in to that batch. 

I ordered all black g5s a little over 5 weeks ago and because of the all black I was told I should get them in around 7-8 weeks, but i dont know if that really true 

Edited by Nakka30

21 hours ago, Nakka30 said:

I ordered all black g5s a little over 5 weeks ago and because of the all black I was told I should get them in around 7-8 weeks, but i dont know if that really true 

I think it is really more about the shipping situation than it is about the colors affecting the build time. I got a picture of my pads completed at 7 weeks but it took 5 more weeks for me to get them. 

Got my hands on a set of G5’s at Local monkey sports and can’t wait to get mine now. Initial impression for the leg pads seem to similar to G4 pads, but I know they aren’t the same. Liked the bindingless knee stack and felt stiff but not overly 2x4 stiff. I thought they would be stiffer but still pretty good feeling. 

glove felt way better on my hand that the G4. Last G4 pro I tried on it was pretty difficult for me to close it right away and left a little gap. The G5 closed and snapped shut right away. The glove also felt like it presented more forward than a normal glove and was natural feeling. 

the blocker was the biggest change for me because the board is so big and beefy. Put it on and felt like I had a giant pillow on my wrist but felt nice. 

Overall I really liked them and can’t wait to play in mine. The only thing I was wary about is I held the pad on my leg without skates in the size I ordered and the knee stack seemed a little high and I was landing low but again I was just eyeballing where the pad would sit and did nothing scientific to measure where I would land. 

I know there is a skate pad in the boot like a riser, does that soften and break down once the pad is broken in?  

1 hour ago, Quadzilla32 said:

8 weeks for a custom order? Like the colors, clean and simple looking. 

Yeah man I was shocked as was told they would be ready on 15th of June but Warrior would be shipping them to Germany instead of Air so look to have them second week of July then they turned up at Warrior U.K. today so happy days 

1 hour ago, Clema35 said:

Yeah man I was shocked as was told they would be ready on 15th of June but Warrior would be shipping them to Germany instead of Air so look to have them second week of July then they turned up at Warrior U.K. today so happy days 

Do you think that because of being in the UK it was faster to get them because of the closer proximity from the factory to the UK instead of Canada or the US?

Edited by Nakka30

10 minutes ago, Nakka30 said:

Do you think that because of being in the UK it was faster to get them because of the closer proximity from the factory to the UK instead of Canada or the US?

Ya didn’t have to fly them/ship them across the ocean. I’m guessing closer you are to the factory the faster you will get them. 

On 3/22/2020 at 3:06 PM, benner33 said:

Actually uploaded the wrong design. This is what I ordered from Cam at THS. 

image.thumb.png.60ba93a0048f3bde448f6c3a6e2a0b2e.png

Took a while but not as long as I thought. Ordered them around 3/22 from thehockeyshop.com and Cam helped me a ton with my first custom set. Super happy with how they came out. 

So here’s some pics. As promised. I ordered two gloves since that seems to be the part I wear out fastest (duh) and in one of the shots you can see my old stock G4 Pros. Since this was my first time going custom I went classic and got 35+2” vs my previous 35”+1.5” thinking that once they break in and curve I’ll have a bit more 5 hole seal in the butterfly. 

I originally had a pick up scheduled for Wednesday but now that’s been delayed to Thursday (COVID scare) so hopefully Thursday or Saturday I’ll actually get to try them fully. I tested the strapping on my synthetic ice but I don’t want to mess them up. Unsure if I’ll use the new calf strap slot since that felt kinda tight and I put my TGN spec pro laces on them since I love them (and they match 😆

0DC55E06-93DC-4636-B1FA-70E78E9F29C1.jpeg

96508B71-9E8C-473C-AED7-F5A16222E2DB.jpeg

E3BC88C0-BEE7-4002-80A0-FE8BC1DC303C.jpeg

B4605479-4E57-4A49-9C8E-A07E8CD6B056.jpeg

ED97E6BE-25E4-4714-9A5F-305EB188D339.jpeg

C8CF770D-8A50-44E4-9190-4D80BC597F3A.jpeg

AD191022-16A3-49D7-9CEB-C9A6F35C71EC.jpeg

75BAF900-4A0B-4DD8-AAD0-A039CE8C964F.jpeg

70C96F3A-9023-40AD-A7D6-4BC9DAFD2187.jpeg

Hmm seems the forum double posted my text. Also in the shot you’ll see the glove I’m breaking in vs the untouched one using this method https://www.goaliegearnerd.com/ggn-hacks but I just work the glove in after baking rather than clamping it (it also will be hanging out in the bathroom during showers for a while). 

Edited by benner33

1 hour ago, benner33 said:

Hmm seems the forum double posted my text. Also in the shot you’ll see the glove I’m breaking in vs the untouched one using this method https://www.goaliegearnerd.com/ggn-hacks but I just work the glove in after baking rather than clamping it (it also will be hanging out in the bathroom during showers for a while). 

Did you connect your prolaces through the two small holes in the toe or run them some other way? I have a set of TGN spec ties waiting 

2 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Did you connect your prolaces through the two small holes in the toe or run them some other way? I have a set of TGN spec ties waiting 

Yeah I tried to get it exact on both but gave up. Here’s what I did for now. 

EF3B9967-5B56-4E17-9DA8-946FDCB5791A.jpeg

BA0FCF58-01F3-49D4-B3D3-167ACFFDED49.jpeg