Warrior G5

cwarnar

26 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I’m 5’11” and I wear a 33+1.5 very comfortably (no boot strap knee strap down to calf) how on earth are y’all in 35s??

In 34” I kept hitting the ice over the landing but my 35” G4’s the middle is all broken in chase that’s where I land. I tried ditching the super loose boot strap for my game yesterday and it worked just as well (I wear the sling wrap to my calf). 

20 minutes ago, Nakka30 said:

I have very long legs considering my height so while im only around 5' 11 my legs fit the 35 size

I also ordered 35+1 and my old pads which are bauer 1s are a bauer large, and they fit well but are a bit small, so theoretically should be only half an inch smaller but I wear my pads low and tight 

If you use the sizing chart for the g5s I should actually be wearing 36 however I think that would be way too big because of the thigh rise

1118015728_ScreenShot2020-07-08at12_18_16PM.png.2e673b90ca2007bb22c657c1e0ef9578.png

So I am still growing, being under 18, and I have a projected height which is somewhat accurate, I should be around 6' 3" so I wanted the pads to last,

I also think that because of growing by the time I really get used to them the 34s might be too small, as I am already too tall for the 34s, my leg measurements are 22" Floor to knee and It should be around 8-9 inches above my knee

Since I dont have my pads get, I am really waiting to compare the sizing because I realized the bauer pad conversion was wrong, so I have large bauer pads which are actually 35+1 so I basically got the same size pad but because of the stiffness and different breaks I think the warrior g5 will still be taller

I might be knit picking at this point but I noticed that one break in my pad was little different than the other and after some measuring it seems one piece of foam is smaller than the other, not by a lot and was twisted. There is also some waviness on the inside of the pad and toe area. 

idk if this is something to contact warrior about. Kind of wanted “pro” level gear to be help to a higher standard even if made off shore.

CDC274CD-84F6-44D0-9DCE-1C1F90747E16.jpeg

7FF9C46E-555C-4F24-9A5C-03830DD4A05C.jpeg

EA672DB9-7941-4C3F-AB2D-1F00BAC7469C.jpeg

D7B14C86-C3AE-4E93-97DF-341DAE348A2B.jpeg

F9726C17-D4DD-4D30-943E-B10E4FA37C92.jpeg

3DA17A69-A7B1-4FD1-BD52-5651CE3FB5F1.jpeg

FB55023A-ABF5-46DF-A3FC-2685842CF84D.jpeg

990CC530-BC13-4762-92EE-462D7ED4A4E3.jpeg

E29F27C5-9ACD-4BB8-9410-E2D438F22149.jpeg

55331ACE-F5EC-40FD-BEC7-6DA671F85D52.jpeg

61E7D4CC-FE95-4B1A-8F61-E2AFC4BC7123.jpeg

E3DC90DF-8C8D-43BB-A5D3-D8E7CC65E83B.jpeg

16 hours ago, benner33 said:

I used similar things with my G4 set but haven’t used a stretcher with my G5. 

With my G4 and now my G5 I used this method of home baking but I skip the break part and instead work the glove till it cools and push down on the point of the single T a bit. After a week and doing it twice it’s getting there (I’ll post a pic tomorrow tired from a game tonight). 

Oops forgot the link. https://www.goaliegearnerd.com/ggn-hacks

With my G5 I also shot pucks around to get the turco grip going after a bake while warm too. 

and like others I loosened the strap on the thumb outside on my G4 but honestly feel it’s better on my G5 so I’ve just loosened it a touch. 

Here’s how it looks now. Also added a picture to show how I work the top off the T.  

E90730BB-7B4E-45B4-8868-7E6CB9FA4FD6.jpeg

9998DC1D-529E-4F6A-9FD6-8FFC299DA183.jpeg

4 hours ago, Nakka30 said:

Since I dont have my pads get, I am really waiting to compare the sizing because I realized the bauer pad conversion was wrong, so I have large bauer pads which are actually 35+1 so I basically got the same size pad but because of the stiffness and different breaks I think the warrior g5 will still be taller

I don’t have my 34” pads anymore but I can show a comparison of my G4 35”+1.5” and my new G5 35”+2” if ya want. 

1 hour ago, Quadzilla32 said:

I might be knit picking at this point but I noticed that one break in my pad was little different than the other and after some measuring it seems one piece of foam is smaller than the other, not by a lot and was twisted. There is also some waviness on the inside of the pad and toe area. 

idk if this is something to contact warrior about. Kind of wanted “pro” level gear to be help to a higher standard even if made off shore.

CDC274CD-84F6-44D0-9DCE-1C1F90747E16.jpeg

7FF9C46E-555C-4F24-9A5C-03830DD4A05C.jpeg

EA672DB9-7941-4C3F-AB2D-1F00BAC7469C.jpeg

D7B14C86-C3AE-4E93-97DF-341DAE348A2B.jpeg

F9726C17-D4DD-4D30-943E-B10E4FA37C92.jpeg

3DA17A69-A7B1-4FD1-BD52-5651CE3FB5F1.jpeg

FB55023A-ABF5-46DF-A3FC-2685842CF84D.jpeg

990CC530-BC13-4762-92EE-462D7ED4A4E3.jpeg

E29F27C5-9ACD-4BB8-9410-E2D438F22149.jpeg

55331ACE-F5EC-40FD-BEC7-6DA671F85D52.jpeg

61E7D4CC-FE95-4B1A-8F61-E2AFC4BC7123.jpeg

E3DC90DF-8C8D-43BB-A5D3-D8E7CC65E83B.jpeg

This is making my OCD want to measure mine too. 

32 minutes ago, benner33 said:

This is making my OCD want to measure mine too. 

I wouldn’t of noticed it but the gap where the break is is larger on one pad. I do t think it would make the pads play any different  just ocd since I just have to look at them. The pads are the same height with one being a fraction shorter but I chalk that up to not having them being perfectly side by side. 

34 minutes ago, benner33 said:

I don’t have my 34” pads anymore but I can show a comparison of my G4 35”+1.5” and my new G5 35”+2” if ya want. 

That would be super helpful do you a have extra stiff core or a regular, just because then it would maybe show a extra bit taller

Just kind of sucks since I waited 13 weeks for these pads and there are minor imperfections on them. The waviness doesn’t really bother me since it’s pretty hard to notice and I don’t see it hindering the pad. It’s the break foam being twisted and shorter than the other one that is making my OCD obsess about it. 

9 minutes ago, cuprajake said:

i sent two sets of pads back,

one set had crap seams, and wavy lines

the replacement set had a twisted core, 

could i have lived with them, yes should i have to no!!

when gear is so expensive it should be right

Dude, you bought non-pro intermediate gear.  It's not that expensive and it wasn't nearly as big a deal as you made it out  to be!  People who do stuff like returning multiple sets of gear over tiny cosmetic blemishes are a part of the reason gear IS so pricey.

As far as Quad's custom pro set goes:  The break is in the same spot, the one pad has just broken in more.  It happens during shipping.  My GT2s were the same way and within a couple weeks of use they were dead on even.   More disappointing is the fact that the graphic at the knee doesn't appear to line up.  That's something I'd be bummed about for sure, but I'm honestly not sure how I'd handle the situation.

11 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

I wouldn’t of noticed it but the gap where the break is is larger on one pad. I do t think it would make the pads play any different  just ocd since I just have to look at them. The pads are the same height with one being a fraction shorter but I chalk that up to not having them being perfectly side by side. 

Are they curved to different degrees at the boot and knee breaks? Tonight is the first time I will be using my new G5s even though I've had them for a while (4weeks?) now. There certainly are some minor imperfections in the set, but it doesn't bother me like it would have in times gone by.

21 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Dude, you bought non-pro intermediate gear.  It's not that expensive and it wasn't nearly as big a deal as you made it out  to be!  People who do stuff like returning multiple sets of gear over tiny cosmetic blemishes are a part of the reason gear IS so pricey.

As far as Quad's custom pro set goes:  The break is in the same spot, the one pad has just broken in more.  It happens during shipping.  My GT2s were the same way and within a couple weeks of use they were dead on even.   More disappointing is the fact that the graphic at the knee doesn't appear to line up.  That's something I'd be bummed about for sure, but I'm honestly not sure how I'd handle the situation.

Now I have to go check that too!!!

im just chalking it up to being in a box and one was upside down and the other was right side up. I’m sure after playing in them they will both break in evenly. 

36 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Now I have to go check that too!!!

im just chalking it up to being in a box and one was upside down and the other was right side up. I’m sure after playing in them they will both break in evenly. 

I’ve been out with mine twice now and haven’t had any problems. Dunno so long as the stitching stays solid and they lay flat when I’m in them I don’t really care that much. 

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

Thats absolute balls, 

they dont work in the cost of people sending stuff back, i never had any issues with g4 or gt gear? just g5 and not just me, there more and more popping up

point being it should never be sent out, not fcuk it will do, bad attitude to have imo.

sorry i dont earn as much as you ffs still over a £1000  = $1300 usd, its enough when its not right, 

give it a few months when all the seams are failing on sets, then come back.....

26 minutes ago, cuprajake said:

they dont work in the cost of people sending stuff back, i never had any issues with g4 or gt gear? just g5 and not just me, there more and more popping up

Not to crap on you completely here, but returns/warranties are absolutely baked into the cost of almost any good out there.

I agree with you on asking for a higher degree of QC though.

I do wonder if this could be in part of the warehouse getting back up to proper working functionality. I don't think I've seen complaints on these issues on any Pre-G5 gear. Though, I should check my GT2 set.

14 hours ago, Nakka30 said:

That would be super helpful do you a have extra stiff core or a regular, just because then it would maybe show a extra bit taller

I’ll try and get some pics tonight / tomorrow for you. I got the extra stiff on my G5’s and my G4’s were stock Pros. 

14 hours ago, Nakka30 said:

Heres my Stiff G5s compared to my G4 pros. Exact same size, 36+2

IMG_7307.thumb.jpeg.7c3de4a1df56ee0973523ddf3f3481a6.jpeg

Edited by jfu91

9 hours ago, cuprajake said:

Thats absolute balls, 

Well, if they don't factor that in, they won't be in business long. 

9 hours ago, cuprajake said:

point being it should never be sent out, not fcuk it will do, bad attitude to have imo.

give it a few months when all the seams are failing on sets, then come back.....

And if seams WERE failing I'd agree.  But what you were upset about were relatively minor cosmetic issues that would not have affected how the pads played.

Look, it wasn't my intention to slam your choice of gear.  For roller hockey (which I think I remember you saying you bought the pads for) I wouldn't spend top dollar either, as the stuff takes more of a beating no matter how well you treat it.   But the simple fact is that you have to assume that, regardless of who the MFG is, their top notch people are doing the pro stuff (for the actual pros, not retail "pro"), their novices and newcomers are working on the youth lines,  and other levels of skill are layered in between.   Sorry, when you buy a middle price point, intermediate pad, you probably didn't get the most skilled craftsmen working on them.  I don't have any proof that Warrior or any other MFG runs their factories this way, but I will tell you that in handling hundreds of pads/gloves at various price points and sizes over the last couple years at my retail job there are wider variances in what's tolerated in lower price point gear from just about every MFG out there.  I would say the only one I've never seen an imperfect item from would be Brian's Canadian-made stuff.  In fairness we don't move much of that so I don't have as big a sample size to draw from, but in my personal experience they've been flawless.