Warrior G5

cwarnar

8 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

c49144fff30402292c73288947968186.jpg.875717ebd4f5f0995240cde7cc40f7b6.jpg

Man, I'm glad I've got that clownshow muted!  Regardless, take Warrior out of it.   I'd say the same if it were Vaughn, Brian's, CCM, or anyone else.   At the end of the day these are handmade products and there will be minor errors and differences.  I'm not saying Cupra shouldn't have been a little upset, but he's carried this a bit far imho.

Ah well ive had 2 custom brians sets and they they were messed up too, those were full on custom top dollar, as were the badly sewn custom brians pants...

So i guess im just unlucky. The warrior stuff is the first snr level gear ive ever worn 

People dismiss inline like its a lower level, when in reality it can be a harder game and much higher level than most ice. 

Edited by cuprajake

I finally got on the ice after having had the G5’s for what seemed like forever (8 weeks). Gotta day they performed flawlessly, and very similar to the G4’s I was coming out of. The harder knee stack foam helped me slide and push a bit better. And the New bigger T on the glove felt very natural, and allowed me to catch pucks just like with the g4. Didn’t notice anything bad about the blocker and was able to punch out some hard rebounds. 

• Like 2

So just for discussion's sake, I took a look over my R/GT 2 pads and none of the quality issues @cuprajake or @Quadzilla32 mentioned are apparent. As far as I can see, my set was made correctly.

I do wonder if the re-start of the factory is potentially leading to these issues? It's not like the workers are going to be right back into the swing of things after a couple months break.

Doesn't excuse it, but may explain it.

17 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So just for discussion's sake, I took a look over my R/GT 2 pads and none of the quality issues @cuprajake or @Quadzilla32 mentioned are apparent. As far as I can see, my set was made correctly.

I do wonder if the re-start of the factory is potentially leading to these issues? It's not like the workers are going to be right back into the swing of things after a couple months break.

Doesn't excuse it, but may explain it.

But according to warrior they never shut down production. I looked at my G5 set and I don’t see these issues. 
i also have no external break to look at for unevenness. 

13 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I thought they did shutdown? I may be wrong.

From what I was told they never shut down just slowed down. 

I want to see if they can fix the pads especially  the break foam if it is actually different size. The waviness doesn’t really bother me since it’s not on any of the sliding surfaces and you cant really see it. I already waited 13+ weeks for these ones, idk how much longer I would have to wait. 

on another note does the boot break In that much and lower the pad at all? Trying to see if the knee stack will come down at all. 

24 minutes ago, mikemc620 said:

But according to warrior they never shut down production. I looked at my G5 set and I don’t see these issues. 
i also have no external break to look at for unevenness. 

I’ve been looking at a lot of g5 pads that warrior is posting on their IG and it seems there a several sets that look to have the same spacing as mine. Mine could just be bending in different places or one is curved more. The counter argument though is that the physical foam itself is a different size when measured. 

5 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

I want to see if they can fix the pads especially  the break foam if it is actually different size. The waviness doesn’t really bother me since it’s not on any of the sliding surfaces and you cant really see it. I already waited 13+ weeks for these ones, idk how much longer I would have to wait. 

Honestly it's your call. If my pads came in like that, I would have asked warrior to fix the issue.

As this would be a warranty issue, you wouldn't be put in the back of the line and the wait time would be significantly less in normal circumstances, let alone that 13+ weeks you waited.

I'm sure the issues wouldn't effect the playability and function of the pads by any means, but if the cosmetics of it all bug you (especially for the price) feel free to exercise your options as the consumer.

2 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

From what I was told they never shut down just slowed down. 

on another note does the boot break In that much and lower the pad at all? Trying to see if the knee stack will come down at all. 

It's already quite a flexible boot break out of the box - are you looking for it to break in more than that?

When you look at the g4/gt2 pads the seam between the face and the sliding surface is perfect. 

Most of the g5 im seeing on here and on Instagram all have really crap seams, un even, and just not as crisp as the earlier stuff 

Warrior deffo dropped the ball here

3 hours ago, Teezle said:

It's already quite a flexible boot break out of the box - are you looking for it to break in more than that?

I don’t want it to be more flexible maybe I didn’t word that correctly I don’t want the pad to turn into an “L”. If the pad flattens out the stack will move down, sorry if that’s confusing. 

On 7/9/2020 at 5:54 PM, cuprajake said:

Ah well ive had 2 custom brians sets and they they were messed up too, those were full on custom top dollar, as were the badly sewn custom brians pants...

So i guess im just unlucky. The warrior stuff is the first snr level gear ive ever worn 

People dismiss inline like its a lower level, when in reality it can be a harder game and much higher level than most ice. 

This really just sounds like you're unlucky at this point. The closest to any imperfection I've had on any gear ever is poorly finished seams (from a couple of different manufacturers) that did not effect durability of the equipment.

I don't think anyone dismissed roller. The only thing I saw (in this thread) was that it definitely chews up pads more. I've never played it, so I have no idea.

Man, I've got some serious FOMO on this line. I feel like selling my G4's, but I can't really justify it with how little I've used them. Probably wait for the G6's I guess...

As a side note, is anyone stocking the "classic" colorway? Red/white and royal/white look awesome in classic on the stock gear in this series. The Hockey Shop had it up on their site, but the pages have all been taken down.

leg-pad-warrior-ritual-g5-int-classic-dealer-whrd_1200x.jpg

Are the calf wrap sections lace-in like they were on the last generation of Warrior pads? My buddy is reworking a previous generation GT senior pad and the calf wrap laces in. He is changing the wrap to make it rotate better without a knee wrap. 

On 7/9/2020 at 7:34 PM, Puckstopper said:

Man, I'm glad I've got that clownshow muted!  Regardless, take Warrior out of it.   I'd say the same if it were Vaughn, Brian's, CCM, or anyone else.   At the end of the day these are handmade products and there will be minor errors and differences.  I'm not saying Cupra shouldn't have been a little upset, but he's carried this a bit far imho.

I reread your comments after seeing some of the banter and I didn't have an issue with it.

I don't blame anyone for being pissed off about QC issues with gear. I also personally would hold pro gear to a much higher standard than intermediate.

The comments from everyone here have been fair and cover both opinions on the topic well.

On 7/10/2020 at 4:16 PM, Quadzilla32 said:

I don’t want it to be more flexible maybe I didn’t word that correctly I don’t want the pad to turn into an “L”. If the pad flattens out the stack will move down, sorry if that’s confusing. 

I don't think they will, because of the piece of foam under the boot break that prevents it from permanently staying bent into an L shape.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teezle said:

I don't think they will, because of the piece of foam under the boot break that prevents it from permanently staying bent into an L shape.

After using these pads for several ice times I can confirm the boot break is not limited by either the foam under the boot or the outer roll. These pads play wonderfully I just need to mess with the strapping to further tighten them since the straps are now broken in

6 hours ago, motowngoalie said:

Man, I've got some serious FOMO on this line. I feel like selling my G4's, but I can't really justify it with how little I've used them. Probably wait for the G6's I guess...

As a side note, is anyone stocking the "classic" colorway? Red/white and royal/white look awesome in classic on the stock gear in this series. The Hockey Shop had it up on their site, but the pages have all been taken down.

leg-pad-warrior-ritual-g5-int-classic-dealer-whrd_1200x.jpg

I believe that warrior had these color combos In their catalog but it sounded like the shop would have to put in an order for them if they wanted the classics set up. 

maybe they put them up to early and realized it? Before I got a deal on my Pro’s I was going to go with the classic black and white setup. I think they did an awesome job keeping the pads simple and clean but with good accents. 

After playing on mine twice (they felt great) I really can’t complain. I do have one area I’ll keep an eye on but it seems the initial things I saw have started to smooth out after my three skates on them. The one shot of the wrinkle I don’t see as pronounced anymore. The last three shots where the ones I initially got worried about. 

9BE4163B-BF15-49C3-9377-FC520F758BE7.jpeg

14C748C9-2F98-45F0-8A8D-4D3285D096DA.jpeg

34F425C9-05F5-4495-87C5-CD572D53BFFB.jpeg

99E5ED47-BD48-4AAA-A535-89E1F0CD9F16.jpeg

D0B4F9C9-FCED-4E34-923E-CA648904F31A.jpeg

7E20CE34-B32E-47F6-882E-3EBB1EB8D4BF.jpeg

09EB3C06-2F03-423C-9213-BBC29016FAF4.jpeg

This was my first custom pro set ever so I have little to compare it to really but so long as those two boot seams hold I’ll be happy that they perform well and the extra stiff thigh is exactly what I hoped for on rebounds and once I slight curve gets set I think I’ll be happy for a while. 

27 minutes ago, benner33 said:

This was my first custom pro set ever so I have little to compare it to really but so long as those two boot seams hold I’ll be happy that they perform well and the extra stiff thigh is exactly what I hoped for on rebounds and once I slight curve gets set I think I’ll be happy for a while. 

Me too this is my first “pro” set besides Simmons so I’m not sure if I have way to high of expectations.  Your knee roll area looks like mine, slight wrinkles. Do you see or feel that it really effects the pads play? 

I don’t have any wrinkles or loose looking jenpro just wavy looking on the knee roll area and the toe area but it’s a pretty small area. 

245EF6D1-11AA-4AD7-A76B-97729BEAB667.jpeg

F40D0632-E9A3-4BBE-9875-22DA7FA4F2A9.jpeg

Edited by Quadzilla32