Warrior G5

cwarnar

22 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

How come you think they need to change it?

I am also curious.  I genuinely feel like my GT2s have the best strapping setup of any pad I've ever worn.  The go on quickly and rotate perfectly once on. There is minimal pressure on any of my joints but they still snap back to center quickly.  I'm not saying it's a perfect strapping system, but it's damn good and I hope they DON'T tweak it just to tweak it.

Only thin I could picture them adding is the Scriven's strap. It's kind of the soup du jour for strapping options.

They did mention that they modified the elastic toe/boot ties on the G5 from it's predecessors. I'm making an assumption that they just made the strap longer and with some adjustment points like their boot strap.

On 1/24/2020 at 12:50 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Well, that's a question for every new release. So only you can decide whether the changes are worth it or not.

The pictures look to have fixed the binding issue on the knee stack. Even the GT2, which still had a binding, was mostly fixed compared to the G4.

Would really depend on what pad you're currently in, but here's their sizing chart:

warrior-g3-leg-pad-sizing-chart.jpg.910b4dc5186dd1395ce580f0d3b77ab0.jpg

i just measured myself for fun, and i have a floor to knee of 20.5 and im only 5'10" not 6' like the chart says. from Brian's measure chart im somewhere around a 34 + 1 or 34 + 1.5 depending on what I want. 

it would be so much easier if all companies came out and agreed on one chart and based their pads off that specific shared chart

• Like 1

I recently did get back to working in hockey an did see the gear up close. Changes were made but nothing of any significance. The design of the previous generations of Ritual have made it a success as far as sales are concerned. Some argue otherwise as we've not see many sets at the pro level in North America but that's not affecting Warrior as a company, they are doing just fine. If you've enjoyed the previous Ritual gear families, you're gonna like this one. It's got 12 color zones (on the face) but as I'v been messing around with the customizer, it's a tricky graphic to dress up and I'v spent a decent amount of time trying to get something that I like. The graphics are used best to match whatever striping that is on your sweater/socks. There is weave available but it's not even 10 colors.

7 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

I recently did get back to working in hockey an did see the gear up close. Changes were made but nothing of any significance. The design of the previous generations of Ritual have made it a success as far as sales are concerned. Some argue otherwise as we've not see many sets at the pro level in North America but that's not affecting Warrior as a company, they are doing just fine. If you've enjoyed the previous Ritual gear families, you're gonna like this one. It's got 12 color zones (on the face) but as I'v been messing around with the customizer, it's a tricky graphic to dress up and I'v spent a decent amount of time trying to get something that I like. The graphics are used best to match whatever striping that is on your sweater/socks. There is weave available but it's not even 10 colors.

Is the customizer on line?

I don't think it's speaking out of school to say that the color options are exactly the same as last year.  Personally I'm liking the graphic when I stick to big blocks of color.  When I try to add accent areas my designs tend to fall apart.  This has been typical of Warrior gear designs I've tried in the past, which is why I ended up going with the Classic design for my GT2 set.  This time I'm committed to making it work with the other design and I'm pretty close to having something I'm happy with, but it took some tinkering for sure.  The cool thing about it is that I found several viable options for different looking pads, so you won't be stuck with a set that looks exactly the same as what comes stock.

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Has Warrior ever swapped graphics from one model to another?

No... I asked this when I was debating GT2 vs Optik 2.  Rance at TGC confirmed Warrior will not skin newer models with older graphics, nor will they allow to deleted or modify color zones (I asked about a split color outer roll on the classic graphic).  I wanted GT1 graphics on a GT2 set.

1 minute ago, cwarnar said:

No... I asked this when I was debating GT2 vs Optik 2.  Rance at TGC confirmed Warrior will not skin newer models with older graphics, nor will they allow to deleted or modify color zones (I asked about a split color outer roll on the classic graphic).  I wanted GT1 graphics on a GT2 set.

Pfff, you're over here acting like they haven't taken the Classic graphic from pad to pad.

vY440kn.thumb.jpg.d573eca5f7e84bb116cadf9defb2dfdd.jpg

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Will they allow you to remove unused color zones, so there is no stitching/extra jenpro layers for large sections of a single color?