Warrior G5

cwarnar

49 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I love my gear thicc

Madd THICC

7 minutes ago, Dero said:

are you guys eligible to be used in the nhl now? i know u guys were not paying the fee because you believed you didn't need it but like what if a guy overseas uses ur gear and gets called to the nhl. im also confused how if u guys havent paid the fee, why guys are allowed to use warrior sticks.

Any piece of gear is eligible to be used the I'm the NHL as long as it meets sizing requirements. 

It's the branding, per piece of gear, that needs to be paid for. Warrior only pays the licencing fees for their sticks as there's enough of them out in the show to warrant the $10k price tag. 

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Is it just me or is this coveredge glove thing starting to sound like the cuff of the V4 glove

Haven’t seen the G5 in person yet, but based on the gifs I’d guess it’s more like the Lefevre/Reebok/CCM one piece gloves. The cuff is thinner at the heel and gets thicker as it moves towards the thumb side 

12 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Madd THICC

Any piece of gear is eligible to be used the I'm the NHL as long as it meets sizing requirements. 

It's the branding, per piece of gear, that needs to be paid for. Warrior only pays the licencing fees for their sticks as there's enough of them out in the show to warrant the $10k price tag. 

While it is inevitable we'll someday return to the NHL.  It's not in our current plans.  As stated, it's extremely expensive.  It's more than licensing fees too.  You have to hire a rep, pay him a salary, give him a travel budget, give him a sample budget.  Then, you have to pay the athletes as well.  To do it properly, the costs could easily get to $500,000+ in just one year.  Right now our focus is to use our resources on R&D and innovation that goes into our products that hit stores for all goalies to use.  

Sticks are a separate category and the licensing fee is shared between player & goalie.  Therefore, it does not cost Warrior extra fees to have branding on goalie sticks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Is it just me or is this coveredge glove thing starting to sound like the cuff of the V4 glove

Image result for vaughn v4 glove

It's not far off.  The end goal of both would be to get more aerial coverage in the net.  On our G5 trapper this is achieved through the interior of the glove (palm/thumb).  The example you shared is done on the cuff box itself.  It would depend whether or not that glove's ridges protrude forward or if the rest of the glove is recessed.  Like I've said before in other posts,  thinking critically about your gear in 3-Dimensional ways is not a "new" concept or innovation.  Simply something we focused on heavily for G5 to give goalies every advantage possible in gaining coverage.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Haven’t seen the G5 in person yet, but based on the gifs I’d guess it’s more like the Lefevre/Reebok/CCM one piece gloves. The cuff is thinner at the heel and gets thicker as it moves towards the thumb side 

The cuff box has not changed from G4 to G5.  It's achieved through the internal thumb/palm area that the aerial coverage is gained.

42 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

While it is inevitable we'll someday return to the NHL.  It's not in our current plans.  As stated, it's extremely expensive.  It's more than licensing fees too.  You have to hire a rep, pay him a salary, give him a travel budget, give him a sample budget.  Then, you have to pay the athletes as well.  To do it properly, the costs could easily get to $500,000+ in just one year.  Right now our focus is to use our resources on R&D and innovation that goes into our products that hit stores for all goalies to use.  

Sticks are a separate category and the licensing fee is shared between player & goalie.  Therefore, it does not cost Warrior extra fees to have branding on goalie sticks.

Well you're in luck.

Yours truly would be willing to hear out offers. :datass:

54 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

I'm surprised no one in the show pulled a Tim Thomas and wear a blank set. 

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

I'm surprised no one in the show pulled a Tim Thomas and wear a blank set. 

Goalies in the NHL and AHL have reached out to us but we've respectfully declined.  If and when we're going to get back into the NHL we're going to do it the right way.  Not slide in passively with unbranded gear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

Goalies in the NHL and AHL have reached out to us but we've respectfully declined.  If and when we're going to get back into the NHL we're going to do it the right way.  Not slide in passively with unbranded gear.

That’s gotta suck for guys who wanna use it tho. Like what ur saying makes sense but if I weren’t told I can’t wear the gear that helps  me perform my best, I’d be rattled. 

1 hour ago, Kirk3190 said:

Even if they dished out of their own pockets?

9 hours ago, RichMan said:

Well, if I made a couple mill a season, I wouldn't mind putting out 2500$ on my own set you know.

I wonder if the bigger issue isn't getting them made exactly the way they need to be to garner Kay Whitmore's approval.  I'm sure an NHL player could custom order a set and get them pretty close, but they might not max out every single fraction of an inch the way a truly bespoke set from one of the other manufacturers would. 

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

I wonder if the bigger issue isn't getting them made exactly the way they need to be to garner Kay Whitmore's approval.  I'm sure an NHL player could custom order a set and get them pretty close, but they might not max out every single fraction of an inch the way a truly bespoke set from one of the other manufacturers would. 

All of our gear is NHL spec.  I show it to Kay myself every year at PHATs (A national convention for equipment managers and athletic trainers).

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

All of our gear is NHL spec.  I show it to Kay myself every year at PHATs (A national convention for equipment managers and athletic trainers).

Including the C/A and X2 pants? Just wondering cause I thought that was the exception. 

Edited by benner33
Typo

On 2/6/2020 at 5:57 PM, Kirk3190 said:

I think with all social media nowadays, even having someone play in unbranded gear would be major advertising. Imagine everyone online discussing what gear someone is using. The name "Warrior" would come up pretty fast.

Anyway, I love you guys putting all the resources into making nice gear for us non-NHL tenders. On my team I was the first goalie using Warrior gear (even had to buy it in Germany because Warrior does not get sold in my country). 3 years later and I know 4 goalies who switched to Warrior pads because they tried out mine.

Back on topic: the new gear is looking great as always! A real shame you make quality gear as there's no reason at all to change my GT2 pads, G3 blocker and GT chestie so soon... It's still all in mint condition.