Did anyone order from Goalie Monkey’s “Black Friday” sale only to have their order cancelled?

bunnyman666

I ordered a Bauer X900 stick during the so-called “Black Friday” sale this past Friday. Certainly, I would have been given a tracking order by now. I was trying to see why my order had not shipped and I get to the order dashboard, and it said “order cancelled”. 

There is no issue with the card I had used. Needless to say, I am baffled. The worst part is that nobody bothered to tell me it was cancelled. That is terrible policy, and deplorable customer service. 

I am taking to a public forum on this as there was no notification. I had to go into my account and find out on my own. I also think possibly the too good to be true price for a Bauer X900 stick was, well, too good to be true. Bauer may have put the kibosh on the sale, but nobody bothered to let me know about it.  

I am waiting for their response. I am considering returning my unused Warrior glove because of this. I was on the fence, anyhow, but in light of this unexplained cancellation of my order, I don’t want them to have my money any longer. The future of my custom with Monkey is in doubt at this point. This feels like bait and switch. 

Has anyone else encountered this?

After being on hold for nearly an hour, I was hung up on. The “chat” person offered little except for a limp apology. I am now returning my Ritual glove. Monkey customer service sucks!!!

All they offered for my inconvenience was free ground shipping. Whoop dee doo. 

Never going back to Monkey again!

Of the handful of online stores I've dealt with Monkey has always had the least impressive customer service.  They also make returns harder than any other place I've dealt with.  In fairness it's been several years since I bought anything there so I'm not 100% up to date on how they do things now.   I simply prefer to shop in store whenever possible and I've had good luck with Pure/Total and Source for Sports over the last few years when I wanted something my LHS couldn't land me.

2 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Of the handful of online stores I've dealt with Monkey has always had the least impressive customer service.  They also make returns harder than any other place I've dealt with.  In fairness it's been several years since I bought anything there so I'm not 100% up to date on how they do things now.   I simply prefer to shop in store whenever possible and I've had good luck with Pure/Total and Source for Sports over the last few years when I wanted something my LHS couldn't land me.

Pure Hockey doesn’t have the great deals that Monkey has, but always did let me know if something I had ordered was not available in a decently quick fashion. I never found myself wanting to spit fire after dealing with them; not once, not ever. 

I used to get decent customer service from Monkey. The first ambiguous description of a stick that was a deal of the day started my distrust of Monkey; then again- that was on me, in the end. I ended up with a wood handled True stick. I thought it was the composite. It was only $50, but not smoking deal I thought it was. That’s on me for not reading descriptions thoroughly. 

I get that supplies run out, and their pre Black Friday sale obviously did one thing: get rid of old stock so they are not trying to sell eight year old pads at below cost. I would have been okay with it had they offered a different style or similar deal. Nope. I had to find out on my own that this was not going to be shipped.

The near hour on hold and being hung up on and the limp apology has led me to try alternatives. Thanks for listing your alternatives. 

26 minutes ago, RichMan said:

The Hockey Shop and Just Hockey Toronto are my go to's right now. No crazy deals but a nice special now and then. Unfortunately most US shops won't ship to Canada and the exchange rate kills any savings you might think you're getting.

I think I am going to start going where I know I will be treated right, rather than just getting great deals. 

1 minute ago, bunnyman666 said:

I think I am going to start going where I know I will be treated right, rather than just getting great deals. 

Yep, I got to that point several years ago.   I still value a good deal, but there are certain companies I wouldn't do business with no matter how aggressive the offer was.

20 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Yep, I got to that point several years ago.   I still value a good deal, but there are certain companies I wouldn't do business with no matter how aggressive the offer was.

I have definitely lost faith. 

It’s great that Monkey can give the great deals, but in the end-  the bloom is off the rose. Because I got to only speak with the robot on line, all I was left with was  the feeling that it only matters when they can ship something and charge my card. This robot did not even research my order history. I spent real money with these jokers. 

The one positive? No more boxes on my porch I am explaining away to my wife when I would buy a deal of the day.

I wish Pro Hockey Life had the same crazy offers as Goalie Monkey has.

PHL has the buying power but aren't too coy on deals, and the fact that I live right across the river to 2 of their Ottawa stores and they won't even ship to Québec province, 15 FRIGGING MINUTES AWAY!!!! I can't even use their ''pick up in store'' option cause I'm frenchie, yeah, that's why :fyea:
Related image

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

I am not trying to protect Goalie Monkey or anything, they made a mistake when return your money before contact you.

You paid the product and expect to get it. I work in a hockey shop (not GM) and 90% of problems starts when we have some kind of super sale, people buy online more than we have on stock. Solve that kind of problem takes lot of working time. And I am not saying it is customers fault

2 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

I am not trying to protect Goalie Monkey or anything, they made a mistake when return your money before contact you.

You paid the product and expect to get it. I work in a hockey shop (not GM) and 90% of problems starts when we have some kind of super sale, people buy online more than we have on stock. Solve that kind of problem takes lot of working time. And I am not saying it is customers fault

My main beef is that I had to look in my account to see the order was cancelled. Had I been contacted about being out of stock, I would have been bummed, but not pissed off. 

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at GM's stock today and picked out a blocker ... nothing spectacular but an extra 30% off the clearance price is pretty tempting.. and it worked on me. 😕

Hopefully it's still in their inventory... if not then that'll be ok .. i have "buyers guilt" buying myself something so close to Christmas 🤫

23 minutes ago, Scythe said:

I looked at GM's stock today and picked out a blocker ... nothing spectacular but an extra 30% off the clearance price is pretty tempting.. and it worked on me. 😕

Hopefully it's still in their inventory... if not then that'll be ok .. i have "buyers guilt" buying myself something so close to Christmas 🤫

Good luck. They are not getting another red cent from me.

I ordered a Bauer glove a few years back from GM.  I got an email the following day telling me they were cancelling the order because Bauer didn't allow them ship items to Canada.  No harm no foul.  But to not let you know is pretty weak.  Perhaps (and it might be a stretch) they are very busy with Black Friday orders and hadn't gotten to sending out notification of out of stock or cancellation of orders.  

That said, it is your money and you choose where to spend it.  I've got my own list of places like that (Home Depot being most notable).  I also have not bought anything from GM since my first experience, but that is likely due to buying Passau gloves instead.  :)

2 hours ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

I ordered a Bauer glove a few years back from GM.  I got an email the following day telling me they were cancelling the order because Bauer didn't allow them ship items to Canada.  No harm no foul.  But to not let you know is pretty weak.  Perhaps (and it might be a stretch) they are very busy with Black Friday orders and hadn't gotten to sending out notification of out of stock or cancellation of orders.  

That said, it is your money and you choose where to spend it.  I've got my own list of places like that (Home Depot being most notable).  I also have not bought anything from GM since my first experience, but that is likely due to buying Passau gloves instead.  :)

At least you got an email.

If they would have notified me, I would have been bummed, not pissed off 😤 

The weak sauce customer service just sealed it for me. 

Archived