CCM Eflex Leg Pad Sizing

estogoalie

12 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

(I did a search, but couldn't find anything...)

Does anyone know if there is a big difference in the knee cradle positioning of a 34" vs 35" CCM Eflex pad?

My guess is roughly 1 inch ;)

Really the size of a pad is all about the knee to the boot so I'd imagine a 35 will be vertically higher when side by side.

I comfortably wear a 35 in Vaughn and the general thinking is CCM = Vaughn - 1, so I thought I'd be comfortable in a CCM 34.  I got to try on a 34 in whatever the next level down from pro is in the EF4 and it felt too small, definitely not a confirmation oft the Vaughn - 1 rule.

I'm wanting to buy an EF4 set now and will definitely get a 35.

I agree with @seagoal with the sizing.  I used to wear 35+1 Velocities, but have been in 34+1 RetroFlex pads for 5 years now, as I was also told the CCM fit a bit larger than Vaughn, which is correct.  My knee is slightly above the middle of the knee cradle and I'm about 6' tall.  I can't remember my ATK measurement.  Honestly, I could wear a 35+1 in the CCM and not have a huge issue with it -- my knee would be just below the middle of the stack.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 6:13 PM, seagoal said:

My guess is roughly 1 inch ;)

Really the size of a pad is all about the knee to the boot so I'd imagine a 35 will be vertically higher when side by side.

I comfortably wear a 35 in Vaughn and the general thinking is CCM = Vaughn - 1, so I thought I'd be comfortable in a CCM 34.  I got to try on a 34 in whatever the next level down from pro is in the EF4 and it felt too small, definitely not a confirmation oft the Vaughn - 1 rule.

I'm wanting to buy an EF4 set now and will definitely get a 35.

What is your FTK measurement?  Is this CCM size chart valid for Eflex 3? Can anyone else who has an Eflex set chime in with FTK measurement?

ccm-goalie-leg-pads-sizing-chart.jpg

11 hours ago, estogoalie said:

What is your FTK measurement?  Is this CCM size chart valid for Eflex 3? Can anyone else who has an Eflex set chime in with FTK measurement?

ccm-goalie-leg-pads-sizing-chart.jpg

That chart is pretty dead on as someone who's played in EF3 and 4 over the past few years. Your +1/2/etc sizing would be measured the same as FTK, just with the centre of knee to desired height on thigh.

But a lot of it has to do with how you decide to break the stiff in or even how you strap your pads. An inch too big or too small won't make a huge difference as that sizing can be manipulated with those two ways. 

Have been a 33" Koho guy forever, am now wearing 33" EF4s.

I went with a 34" CCM EF1 one year, and felt they were a smidge too tall in the shin. 
Did an imprecise eyeball measurement and compared them with a 33" EF1.
They looked to be about a half inch different on the face of the pads, from the boot seam to the bottom knee roll seam.

I can't imagine much has changed in sizing over the years.

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Have been a 33" Koho guy forever, am now wearing 33" EF4s.

I went with a 34" CCM EF1 one year, and felt they were a smidge too tall in the shin. 
Did an imprecise eyeball measurement and compared them with a 33" EF1.
They looked to be about a half inch different on the face of the pads, from the boot seam to the bottom knee roll seam.

I can't imagine much has changed in sizing over the years.

That's interesting. I was in Koho since the Revolution days right up until their last line with the 590 in 33".

After that, I only fit into 32" in every brand. So either my body shrunk somehow or (what I think happened) the sizing on all pads changed.

• 1 year later...

Archived