Help with identification and suggestions

Netnewbie

My next question would be sizing.  Any chart i can find I based on floor to knee plus height.  So I'm 6'3" with floor to knee of 21.5.  if I read the chart right 37" should fit.  How much room for error is there in the fitting?  Listed as 36" 1- 1/2"  I asked how tall the seller was and he said he was 6'8".  Color me confused.  Would they be too tall for me or fit ok?

I'm wearing G3s, 6'1"-ish, and I fit a 35. Unless the G1s are sized differently I doubt you'd want to wear anything larger than a 36.

If there's a goalie store near you it might be worth stopping by and talking to the guys there, getting sized, etc.

11 minutes ago, Netnewbie said:

next questions would be if it would be worth it.  going from Reebok Premier 1 Pads with home made strapping to these.   they are dirt cheap ($100 buck)  with the fixing to the knee craddle would it be an upgrade or stick with what i got?

They look to be in great nick, otherwise. I’d grab them.

1 hour ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Would be an upgrade to P1's and closer to what's more commonly used today, but this is the last in the Warrior series with a floppy non-rigid knee block/landing area.  G2's onward have the fixed 90 degree knee and I would suggest moving to that, or not.  Up to you. 

Os there a fix for this you know of?  Getting pretty good with the sewing awl.  Would it be better or the same as the ones I currently have cuz I've been living with them for this long.

On 12/8/2019 at 2:58 PM, Netnewbie said:

Os there a fix for this you know of?  Getting pretty good with the sewing awl.  Would it be better or the same as the ones I currently have cuz I've been living with them for this long.

No fix that I know of.  It's the design of the pad.  It'd be the same as what you're used to now. 

Archived