2018 Brian's Optik

TheGoalNet

2 hours ago, Brians_Joz said:

Our goal was to come up with a line that is game ready and able to use at all levels and not be overbuilt for younger goalies or beer league goalies but also not underbuilt for pro/college goalies.. Sometimes tough to find the happy medium but believe we finally achieved that... the boa and the other innovations on the optik line is also an extension of that.. we didn't want a 'gimmick' that wouldn't prove useful at the highest levels, if the guys weren't going to use it we weren't going to invest the time/money into it.. the BOA stays tight and keeps their hand in control... its a huge upgrade from former Brian's glove set ups.

I'm looking at Optik and thinking against the Boa, mostly because I've never had strapping issues on my gloves in terms of tightness and never felt the need for anything but the older style of straps.

@Brians_Joz What would you say to someone who is looking this way? Am I missing out on something truly great here? I fear I'd also be able to fear the thinner boa wires compared to the flatter nylon or jenpro straps I currently have.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

@TheGoalNet What are the specs on the Optiks you have on order?

Basically stock. Given the review angle of this article, it didn't make sense to customize the pads or graphic.

Pads:

Fly Core

35+1.5 

Soft Knee 

Intermediate Smart Toe 

Glove:

Single T

Standard Break - Thumb to finger closure  

If you have a specifics I didn't address above, let me know! 

8 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Basically stock. Given the review angle of this article, it didn't make sense to customize the pads or graphic.

Pads:

Fly Core

35+1.5 

Soft Knee 

Intermediate Smart Toe 

Glove:

Single T

Intermediate smart toe? Just shorter straps?

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Pads:

Fly Core

35+1.5 

Soft Knee 

Intermediate Smart Toe 

Glove:

Single T

Are they still doing the x/x/x flex zones or is it just strictly Flex core and Fly core?

39 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Are they still doing the x/x/x flex zones or is it just strictly Flex core and Fly core?

I believe just Fly of Flex core and a boot flex. I went with the 5 flex at the boot. Boot taper is 84 deg

Being that it's Brian's, I am sure you could customize anything you wanted to change compared the retail version.

4 hours ago, Hills said:

I'm looking at Optik and thinking against the Boa, mostly because I've never had strapping issues on my gloves in terms of tightness and never felt the need for anything but the older style of straps.

@Brians_Joz What would you say to someone who is looking this way? Am I missing out on something truly great here? I fear I'd also be able to fear the thinner boa wires compared to the flatter nylon or jenpro straps I currently have.

I just simply don't know why you wouldn't want them. It gives a new dimension of feel in the glove. And I really wouldn't think "Skinny wires" its the material around it that really grabs you and that would still be similar to old styles.. I think it's something great, haven't heard otherwise from anyone trying them on yet. I could see people possibly thinking its redundant or not needed on the blocker, but for the glove I guess its something you just need to experience firsthand before you make judgement, I just really do not see any 'negatives or cons'

26 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@SaveByRichter35 - I had the prototype in hand and they are pretty sweet. 

Yes, I believe everywhere you can see stitching on the inner edge is a different color zone. The customizer is live next week, so it shouldn't be too much longer until you can map out your own set!

Awesome can't wait to give it a try.

18 hours ago, Brians_Joz said:

I just simply don't know why you wouldn't want them. It gives a new dimension of feel in the glove. And I really wouldn't think "Skinny wires" its the material around it that really grabs you and that would still be similar to old styles.. I think it's something great, haven't heard otherwise from anyone trying them on yet. I could see people possibly thinking its redundant or not needed on the blocker, but for the glove I guess its something you just need to experience firsthand before you make judgement, I just really do not see any 'negatives or cons'

While I think I will be trying the system on my set, my hang ups come from my experience with boa on other products. Specifically golf shoes where I could feel the wires tightening.

2 minutes ago, avc_03 said:

Me too, I'm sure they work well but I can not bring myself to converting over to them

I am extremely excited to try it on my glove though. I have never doubted the tech, it's just an aesthetic issue on the shoes.

It actually cleans up the glove design because you won't have 2 feet of strapping hanging off! 

So now that the customizer is live, I figured I show off the pads that I will be ordering next. The only thing that is disappointing is that the Primo is not available in anything other than white/grey/black. I was hoping for some blue or red on the sliding surface. I believe I will be going with the 1st picture here, with some slight changes to small details as I feel the more minimal approach to colour and design matches my team's jerseys better. Which can be seen below.

The store I am ordering from though evidently can't do pre-orders... so I have no idea when I can actually place an order.

YkvlT4Y.png

Co3P06w.png

osRkU3Y.png

C5T7yuy.png

WjDPzPe.png

5FmmMZm.png

vwei6ac.jpg

Archived