Padded/grip glove

Jonathon v

So I’m looking for a glove with good grip that’s not too big or beefy. I wear no glove under my glove and I feel I connected to my glove when it’s wet, even though I make both boa straps as tight as I can. Also, I wash my hands like 6 times Because they still will have some of that nasty hockey smell to them. padding isn’t a huge issue really. I tried golf gloves and baseball gloves, they seem to me like they are too big and make it way harder to close. My main thing is good grip for a good feel

11 minutes ago, Jonathon v said:

So I’m looking for a glove with good grip that’s not too big or beefy. I wear no glove under my glove and I feel I connected to my glove when it’s wet, even though I make both boa straps as tight as I can. Also, I wash my hands like 6 times Because they still will have some of that nasty hockey smell to them. padding isn’t a huge issue really. I tried golf gloves and baseball gloves, they seem to me like they are too big and make it way harder to close. My main thing is good grip for a good feel

Everyone seems to recommend the lizard skinz padded glove. I got it and used it for about half a season and the padding totally flattened out and no longer provided extra padding. The leather also bled onto my hand and a few weeks ago the palm ripped and eventually totally came apart from the fingers and backhand. I would recommend the franklin/rask collab glove. Goalie monkey sells the two pack and amazon sells them separately.

9 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

haven't had issues with your main topic, but you mentioned washing hands like 6 times to get rid of stink.  Have you tried something like Fresh Mitts or Clap balm? Fresh Mitts works great for me to get rid of the hand stink.

Shaving cream. Immediately neutralizes any glove smell.

8 minutes ago, Goalline said:

Baseball catchers use similar gloves under their catching mitts. I’d look into these, as most of them have padding in areas that would also be useful for a goalie.  Been meaning to try some of these, and they aren’t very expensive.  

The Lizard Skinz is most likely the same glove for baseball as it is for hockey.

6 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

haven't had issues with your main topic, but you mentioned washing hands like 6 times to get rid of stink.  Have you tried something like Fresh Mitts or Clap balm? Fresh Mitts works great for me to get rid of the hand stink.

I could try that

Kind of off topic as it is not related to a secondary glove, but, if you're able to clean your glove enough to remove the stench be sure to start washing your hands in the locker room BEFORE you play.  Also, if you don't already, start wearing sweatbands at your wrists to keep sweat from dripping down your arms and into your gloves.  Both of these will help keep the stench from coming back again.  Clean hands don't transmit smelly bacteria into the gloves.

• 2 months later...

Just want to say thanks for the tips on grip. I purchased the head glove and it definitely helped! I also put tape on my middle three fingers and that did a decent job as well. I'd prefer to find a glove that holds up when sweated in but these are some good options. Thanks again!

23 hours ago, benner33 said:

I tried the lizard skins one + the Franklin NHL branded one but then got this and it had all the grippy benefits without the added bulk and fixed the issue I had. I love it!

I’ll post a picture of my actual glove when I get home tonight. 

https://kovagoalie.fi/shop/uncategorized/warrior-catcher-wrist-strap/

image.thumb.jpeg.8ace420075eaa4eb9caf81a5a28271cf.jpeg

Holy crap this is exactly what I've been looking for.  No idea they made something like this.  Can't wait to get mine.  

Archived