gotc

Difference between 1 piece and 2 piece catcher glove

Debating picking up a CCM P2 set where they have a 2 piece catcher and wondering if there's a major difference between their 1 piece and 2 piece glove, and opening up the discussion more generally, advantages and disadvantages of both styles?

Thanks for your help!

two piece gives you a bit more flexibility when stickhandling/shooting the puck. people say it’s not as good if you’re making a blocking save where the two piece is and you can get a stinger but i haven’t had issues with it. i love the added flexibility 

• Like 1

Another difference is flexibility on impact from a puck.  A 1 piece will be more rigid and stiff on impact than a 2 piece that can have a bit more give and bend, but it's not a drastic difference for most gloves.

3 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

two piece gives you a bit more flexibility when stickhandling/shooting the puck. people say it’s not as good if you’re making a blocking save where the two piece is and you can get a stinger but i haven’t had issues with it. i love the added flexibility 

I went from a 2-piece Vaughn to a 1-piece Warrior. Not sure if 1-piece Warriors are exceptional when it comes to stickhandling/shooting, or if the whole "1-piece/2-piece" debate is overblown, but I haven't noticed the 1-piece cuff negatively impacting my play. For me, it's been a straight upgrade in every way.

Edited by CJ Boiss

I was super excited to get a 1-piece.  Then i did.  Played with it a dozen times.  Quickly went back to 2-piece.  Just more comfortable, and I didn’t realize how much I’d grown accustomed to the feel of the 2-piece.  1-piece just always pushes forward.  Sometimes i felt like i wasnt closing gaps the right way.  The 2-pieces just moves with you differently.

23 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

I went from a 2-piece Vaughn to a 1-piece Warrior. Not sure if 1-piece Warriors are exceptional when it comes to stickhandling/shooting, or if the whole "1-piece/2-piece" debate is overblown, but I haven't noticed the 1-piece cuff negatively impacting my play. For me, it's been a straight upgrade in every way.

was the other way around for me. my first glove was a one piece ccm, looked around for gloves and decided lt98 was right for me. i might try the one piece slr2 in the future. overall i think it’s just preference.

Can't believe no one responded with "approximately 1 piece" for a response to the thread title.  Guess I'll do it lol.

Edited by dreadlocked1
I can't spell

Do any companies still make two-piece gloves with a cheater? I have the koho 585 and I love everything about it but they don’t make koho anymore and no gloves seem to have cheaters now. This isn’t mine but this is what it looks like. Mine is also a full right

D67F9BA1-EA49-4886-8212-50A178C43E30.jpeg