Glove Backhand Cuff Extension Mod

Punisher Goalie

I’ve seen a few posts here and on @TheGoalNet ‘s Instagram showing pro goalies with a mod to extend the backhand cuff to provide more wrist mobility. This is something I do too and wanted to share an easy way to do it.

i just use Velcro OneWrap (I prefer 1.5”). Length will depend on your preference, but all you really need is a single piece to connect the loop on the cuff to the hook side on the extension and vice-versa on the anchor point. If you want a little extra functionality, I sewed down a small tab to make it easier to pull up when needed. Using the OneWrap is key for this because it has some rigidity to it. I feel that using nylon webbing, as I’ve seen in some pictures, would be too flimsy. 

1665A118-4EA3-40E1-B635-AD04033F537E.jpeg

2D4AB3F9-5069-45DC-B3D7-6270100609F7.jpeg

47 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Simple mod. I am surprised more manufactures aren't moving away from the wrist strap on gloves.

I've never missed it for a second after switching to Warrior.

Same. On my GNetik IV glove, I just leave the lower BOA loose. I only tighten the BOA around the knuckle area, similar to the Warrior strapping. Much more freedom of movement with the wrist that way.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 2:23 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Simple mod. I am surprised more manufactures aren't moving away from the wrist strap on gloves.

I've never missed it for a second after switching to Warrior.

I had brian's mod that on my Gnetik IV glove to make it feel more like the warrior lol

Archived