Warrior Gear

bunnyman666

8 hours ago, RichMan said:

I thought they were done with the plastic arm blocks? I'd rather see them go the traditional way personally 

I love my Warrior robot arms so much that I would be willing to have them grafted on to a Brown unit! 

They look weird as hell, but I love them!!!!!

23 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

The  R/GT line is still available to goalies who are seeking out a conventional cut & sew arm design.  

I'm guessing instead of with the G2 chest where there was G2 Pro / G2 Classic for those who wanted the different arm design, the G2 classic has moved onto become the RGT?

Maybe because the arm was too long for me, but on the 1st gen i wasn't a huge fan of the robocop arms (love the body unit though - currently in Ritual Pro w/ CCM arms laced in right now). 

2 minutes ago, Kayen said:

I'm guessing instead of with the G2 chest where there was G2 Pro / G2 Classic for those who wanted the different arm design, the G2 classic has moved onto become the RGT?

Maybe because the arm was too long for me, but on the 1st gen i wasn't a huge fan of the robocop arms (love the body unit though - currently in Ritual Pro w/ CCM arms laced in right now). 

We now have  two C/A lines.  R/GT and R/G4.  

A lot of people felt that our mismatched sizing in the G2 Pro offered the best fit.  For me, I wore the LG Body/ MD Arms and it was perfect.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I love my Warrior robot arms so much that I would be willing to have them grafted on to a Brown unit! 

They look weird as hell, but I love them!!!!!

Just curious - why do you (and others) like the robo-arms? Is it mobility? Or protection? I have never tried one on but it seemed like it was a pretty heavy unit. 

56 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Just curious - why do you (and others) like the robo-arms? Is it mobility? Or protection? I have never tried one on but it seemed like it was a pretty heavy unit. 

Bits of both. If it fits you bang on the mobility is fantastic, and the nice part about the arms is pucks fly off and up and out on them is the one thing I noticed when I wore it. The arms aren't significantly more heavy than your traditional unit, but they are a well protected piece (vs my ccm arms which have a lot of gaps and don't bend all the way). 

57 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

We now have  two C/A lines.  R/GT and R/G4.  

A lot of people felt that our mismatched sizing in the G2 Pro offered the best fit.  For me, I wore the LG Body/ MD Arms and it was perfect.  

I will have to agree. I tried a G2 Sr. in medium and the extensions really help get the proper fit in the arms, whereas with my 1st gen I had to go to a large to get proper fit in the body but then the arms were too long. 

41 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Mobility & protection are the main features of this design.  However, I grew up (like most) wearing conventional cut & sew arms and what REALLY sucks me into this C/A is the rebound control.  There is always a bit of unpredictability of where the puck will go in a cut & sew design. "Did it it stick to me? Did it sneak through?  Did it flutter off to the side? Where is it?"  Are all questions I would occasionally ask myself in my older C/As.  With the ShockShield/AxyFlex arms I actually gained control and predictability of rebounds that hit my arm.  Anything that hits the face of a G1, G2, and G4 (2018) dies right against your arm for a quick whistle.  Anything that hits the side of my arm skyrockets to the corners.   I once had a breakaway save that hit the side of my arm.. The rebound went over the glass and into the netting! Lol! It was unreal! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

Mobility & protection are the main features of this design.  However, I grew up (like most) wearing conventional cut & sew arms and what REALLY sucks me into this C/A is the rebound control.  There is always a bit of unpredictability of where the puck will go in a cut & sew design. "Did it it stick to me? Did it sneak through?  Did it flutter off to the side? Where is it?"  Are all questions I would occasionally ask myself in my older C/As.  With the ShockShield/AxyFlex arms I actually gained control and predictability of rebounds that hit my arm.  Anything that hits the face of a G1, G2, and G4 (2018) dies right against your arm for a quick whistle.  Anything that hits the side of my arm skyrockets to the corners.   I once had a breakaway save that hit the side of my arm.. The rebound went over the glass and into the netting! Lol! It was unreal! 

Wow thanks - those are great points. Any chance you have the weights of the R/GT and G4 Pro models?

39 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

@Punisher Goalie best explanation ever! That’s why I like the robot arms!

21 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Wow thanks - those are great points. Any chance you have the weights of the R/GT and G4 Pro models?

What size are you looking to weigh in R/GT?  I can't release any weights on the R/G4 yet.  But I can share that we were able to reduce weight when compared with it's predecessor R/G2 Pro.

11 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

No sorry, we only offer Quick (MID), Bishop (TWIST), Mrazek (WEDGE) patterns in custom composite.  I recommend checking out the Quick pattern.  It's a very moderate pattern.

Would the Bishop be the new Rask? Loved that curve

12 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

No sorry, we only offer Quick (MID), Bishop (TWIST), Mrazek (WEDGE) patterns in custom composite.  I recommend checking out the Quick pattern.  It's a very moderate pattern.

I am wanting to flip around to shoot right handed from left. Yep- I am nutters!

1 hour ago, Kirk3190 said:

No Bishop is comparable with a Bauer P31.  If you're looking for Rask pattern your closest match would be Mrazek.  

I would recommend it as well.  I loved the Kipper in the Montreal 9000 and the Rask was the same type heel curve.  The Wedge on the Mrazek is even better 

998C5A51-B484-4C37-80B5-D2D7EEA27CAA.jpeg.7793329627d8062b236357eca033776f.jpeg

@Kirk3190 - Here's a question I asked Pete on LinkedIn but hasn't been answered yet. Maybe you can explain it to me. 

The GT glove is preset at a 70(75) break angle. The G3 has either a 60 or 90 by way of the insert. How can a simple insert make a glove change completely its break angle when clearly the glove has an original break patterned by your die cuts and assembling? It's not like the glove is split in half and joined by movable hinges in the middle, right. It just seems to defy logic to me.

Sure, back in the day you could form your own break with Cooper gloves, but that was before molded plastic inserts and all.

Can you clear it up for me please? Thanks

Edited by RichMan

11 hours ago, RichMan said:

@Kirk3190 - Here's a question I asked Pete on LinkedIn but hasn't been answered yet. Maybe you can explain it to me. 

The GT glove is preset at a 70(75) break angle. The G3 has either a 60 or 90 by way of the insert. How can a simple insert make a glove change completely its break angle when clearly the glove has an original break patterned by your die cuts and assembling? It's not like the glove is split in half and joined by movable hinges in the middle, right. It just seems to defy logic to me.

Sure, back in the day you could form your own break with Cooper gloves, but that was before molded plastic inserts and all.

Can you clear it up for me please? Thanks

Hi @RichMan

The G3 has 60, 75 & 90 degree liner inserts.  These inserts do not change the "constructed" break of the glove, however they do change the feel of closure.  By changing the alignment of your fingers in the trapper you will notice a primary change in how the glove feels when you close it.  I've attached an image that represents the emphasis on which fingers primarily force the glove closed based on which degree is used.

The R/GT trapper is a 70 degree (fixed palm) where the constructed break is slightly different from G3, and the finger alignment inside the glove is also between a (G3) 60D and 75D liner.  

Hope this clears it up for you!

Kirk

REMOVEABLE_LINER_no-copy.jpg

• Like 1