Warrior Gear

bunnyman666

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

@Kirk3190 are you able to let us know if the G4 glove will have changeable liners or will it be fixed like the RGT?

I absolutely love my RGT pro!

One of the ways you can tell if our trappers have a removable liner or not is to see if there is lacing in the palm of the glove. R/G3 has a laceless face and has the removable palm option.  R/GT has lacing in the face and  has a fixed palm.  R/G4 has..... (See teaser pics on @warriorgoalie for the answer! ;)

3 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

One of the ways you can tell if our trappers have a removable liner or not is to see if there is lacing in the palm of the glove. R/G3 has a laceless face and has the removable palm option.  R/GT has lacing in the face and  has a fixed palm.  R/G4 has..... (See teaser pics on @warriorgoalie for the answer! ;)

Thanks for the info Kirk.  Love having you on the board!!!

i think my optimal set up is G4 pads and RGT Gloves. If I decided to go custom ca you guys skin RGT gloves with the G4 graphic?  If not i’ll likely mock up classic sets of each 

25 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

@Kirk3190 I had posted about this earlier in the thread but it seems to have gotten buried, do you have any info about the Ritual CR4 goal stick? I didn't find anything about it on the Warrior website but have a couple that I just picked up.

The CR4 is a Canadian Tire exclusive.  It's a  downspec'd version of a CR3.  Great value! Let me know what your feedback is once you've taken it on the ice a few times.

29 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Thanks for the info Kirk.  Love having you on the board!!!

i think my optimal set up is G4 pads and RGT Gloves. If I decided to go custom ca you guys skin RGT gloves with the G4 graphic?  If not i’ll likely mock up classic sets of each 

At this time we don't cross graphics over between models.  However, this request is one of the reasons we offer our Classic graphic.  The Classic graphic matches up well between all models so you can mix and match G3/GT and so on.  If you look at our Instagram page there are some good examples of this.  You'll also find examples where goalies found ways to use the G3/GT graphics and still pull off a great matching set up.  

Here are some examples:

G3 Classic Trapper with GT Classic Blocker/Leg Pads

image.png.4e6f271ab032e51dd3ee3aaf0c3c167a.png

G3 graphic Trapper with GT graphic Blocker/Leg Pads

image.png.d0d79a4b4999d6136538979b32eec48f.png

Edited by Kirk3190
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

The CR4 is a Canadian Tire exclusive.  It's a  downspec'd version of a CR3.  Great value! Let me know what your feedback is once you've taken it on the ice a few times.

If it's the same as the VRC that they used to have, I have no complaints. They also had 25% off on the CR4 when I went to get one, so I ended up getting 2 of them for $75 a piece.

18 hours ago, Kirk3190 said:

At this time we don't cross graphics over between models.  However, this request is one of the reasons we offer our Classic graphic.  The Classic graphic matches up well between all models so you can mix and match G3/GT and so on. 

Awesome. And can you confirm the G4 line will offer classic graphics as well?

Just wondering how everyone is strapping their G3/GT? 

I have a super narrow butterfly and rely on the giggy fly, and I'm curious on how to get my leg closer to the pad itself so I can slam my knee blocks together easier. 

On my previous pad I ran an elastic professor type strap (thanks @cwarnar), which helped with that, but I don't want to run the risk of damaging the pad lacing and foams by installing them on my G3s. 

Additionally I run a lundy loop for my boot strap but almost wondering if I would get a wider flare by putting it thru the middle hole of my holder instead. 

Thanks all. 

5 hours ago, Kayen said:

I have a super narrow butterfly and rely on the giggy fly, and I'm curious on how to get my leg closer to the pad itself so I can slam my knee blocks together easier. 

On my previous pad I ran an elastic professor type strap (thanks @cwarnar), which helped with that, but I don't want to run the risk of damaging the pad lacing and foams by installing them on my G3s. 

Additionally I run a lundy loop for my boot strap but almost wondering if I would get a wider flare by putting it thru the middle hole of my holder instead. 

Thanks all. 

The Lundy strap is to bring the pads higher on your leg, won't do much for your b-fly as your hips dictate how flared you can make it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

The Lundy strap is to bring the pads higher on your leg, won't do much for your b-fly as your hips dictate how flared you can make it.

I have 0 flare. I thought about it, since the strap is in a more forward position it would let the pad sit at a slightly different angle that if it's on at the heel. With carpet fly it seemed to make a difference. 

7 hours ago, Kayen said:

I wear my GT's pretty loose. Boot strap at the second longest setting, calf wrap removed from the calf landing pad and only on the second stitch line, knee strap down to calf and only tight enough for all the velcro to touch. I have decent hip flexibility.

Really, you're going to want to keep the knee wing attachment as that will help keep you legs closer and strap em tight. They'll still rotate.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I wear my GT's pretty loose. Boot strap at the second longest setting, calf wrap removed from the calf landing pad and only on the second stitch line, knee strap down to calf and only tight enough for all the velcro to touch. I have decent hip flexibility.

Really, you're going to want to keep the knee wing attachment as that will help keep you legs closer and strap em tight. They'll still rotate.

Ah, I've seen a few people do that on the claf wrap removed from calf landing pad, lets the calf wing hit the ice that much sooner, any issues with the velcro wearing on the calf wrap though? I did the same on my G2's and liked it. 

For the latter - I should strap it across the knee rather than down to the calf eh? It felt tight to me when i tried it carpet-fly, but i suppose I could give it a shot, just loosened up. 
FWIW - I wear ritual x pro knee pads so they are bulkier than the included knee pads. 

Thanks for the input everyone. 

@Kayen That's the reason I hear people doing it as well, I did it to get a less restrictive feeling. When the landing area is attached, it felt a lot stiffer that what I would've liked. I may try it again as I've broken in the pads (did this after about 10 skates back when they were released).

Mnw0ng on YouTube mentioned a bit from fraying, but nothing really to worry too much about. I had some spare velcro loops that I placed over top to make sure there wasn't any fraying.

Lowering your strap down to your calf opens up the knee cradle to allow for less interference in your rotation/comfort reasons. While you can strap it tight this way, behind the knee will allow it to be even tighter.

Honestly, you can strap em down to the calf and you shouldn't experience any negative ability to bring your knees and stacks together.

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@Kayen That's the reason I hear people doing it as well, I did it to get a less restrictive feeling. When the landing area is attached, it felt a lot stiffer that what I would've liked. I may try it again as I've broken in the pads (did this after about 10 skates back when they were released).

Mnw0ng on YouTube mentioned a bit from fraying, but nothing really to worry too much about. I had some spare velcro loops that I placed over top to make sure there wasn't any fraying.

Lowering your strap down to your calf opens up the knee cradle to allow for less interference in your rotation/comfort reasons. While you can strap it tight this way, behind the knee will allow it to be even tighter.

Honestly, you can strap em down to the calf and you shouldn't experience any negative ability to bring your knees and stacks together.

I would recommend trying the Sling Wrap in the setting down to your calf instead of around your knee as well.  When you try this, remove the outside knee wings from the knee area so they're out of the way during play.

14 hours ago, Kayen said:

I’ve only used my RGT’s a couple of times and now may have found the sweet spot. One issue with my first 2 skates were the lack of the knee pads. I struggled with a retailer in getting my laundry bag as mine were a demo set. 

Now I go with the sling wrap across the knee.  Boot strap Lundy loop and using the ARS toe straps.  My next skate I may try moving back with the sling wrap back down to the calf.  I did this with my previous Passat set.  I tried it in my first skate but with no knee pads, I had zero pad control and they were way to floppy. 

Keep tinkering until you find something that works. 

Edited by cwarnar

10 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

What were actual owners opinions of them? 

Good protection, medium flexibility, but pieces broke?

I'm hearing that was with the 1st gen moreso than the anything (as with any 1st gen item).
With second gen i heard there was less breakage, and the arm design looked sturdier (and plates on biceps looked to be a bit better made with a change in outer material choice)

1 hour ago, Kayen said:

I'm hearing that was with the 1st gen moreso than the anything (as with any 1st gen item).
With second gen i heard there was less breakage, and the arm design looked sturdier (and plates on biceps looked to be a bit better made with a change in outer material choice)

I have not had the arm breakage. I have had buckles break. 

A buddy of mine has had the arms pop apart on his Gen2 unit.0

4 hours ago, Kayen said:

We came out with a new bar on the G1 as a running change.   At the time, we sent out the new bar to anyone who owned a G1 with the original bar. It corrected the issue and has proven to be much more durable.  We used the new bar on the G2 unit as well, no issues.  We still have the same concept of construction as G1 but as you noted, the G2 has EVA foam (elbow floater) and uppermost bicep encased with nylon.  On G1 we found some goalies mentioning the exposed EVA elbow floater rubbing against the upper bicep plastic with slight friction.  Having Nylon-on-Nylon eliminated the friction for even better mobility.  It was proven as a successful change on G2 which is why we incorporated it into the G4 as well.

• 3 weeks later...