cwarnar

Lefevre going solo

1 hour ago, dualshowman said:

If you're all not yet aware, CCM Axis pricing is right in line (in USD) with Lefevre's pricing for the 20.1 glove and blocker, and 100 USD less for the pads. If I was in the market for either, I would lean towards made in Canada. I haven't purchased a pair of leg pads at full retail since 1998, but $100 wouldn't make or break my decision if I already had nearly $2000 to throw at the wall for pro gear... to be used in beer league.

Lefevre (anything) is $160CAD more than the Axis line. 

Lefevre (Anything) is almost $500 CAD more than the Eflex 4 line.

45 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Lefevre (anything) is $160CAD more than the Axis line. 

Lefevre (Anything) is almost $500 CAD more than the Eflex 4 line.

Perhaps it's more marketed to the pros? I'm not sure. But, I will say from pictures and not seeing this pad first hand nothing pushes me to get it or try it, I see no weight reduction mainly, strapping relatively the same as before. Made in Canada I could care less about right now as a beer league goalie. 

44 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Perhaps it's more marketed to the pros? I'm not sure. But, I will say from pictures and not seeing this pad first hand nothing pushes me to get it or try it, I see no weight reduction mainly, strapping relatively the same as before. Made in Canada I could care less about right now as a beer league goalie. 

You can see weight reduction? 

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

It's a lefebvre pad, it's arguably the most popular pad in goalies ever. I don't think they're just marketing to pros but to their legacy. 

The pricing structure has always been a question for myself and others, but I was just responding to @dualshowman for what my pricing comparison came up with. 

Though I am highly curious to see that the Axis pad is so much compared to the past CCM offerings for, as far as I have been able to tell, essentially the same pad as a Premier. I wonder if the Eflex 5 (or whatever they rebrand it too) will carry the price increase. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

@coopaloop1234 I do find it fascinating that there isn't a sliding scale accounting for domestic (Canadian) purchase considering that a US-side purchase is essentially comparable to other brands. Is this typically true for Brian's and Vaughn, as well?

32 minutes ago, RedX said:

You can see weight reduction? 

I guess you can't see it image wise,  we will need to get some measurements and weight in the works between the 2 companies.

32 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's a lefebvre pad, it's arguably the most popular pad in goalies ever. I don't think they're just marketing to pros but to their legacy. 

The pricing structure has always been a question for myself and others, but I was just responding to @dualshowman for what my pricing comparison came up with. 

Though I am highly curious to see that the Axis pad is so much compared to the past CCM offerings for, as far as I have been able to tell, essentially the same pad as a Premier. I wonder if the Eflex 5 (or whatever they rebrand it too) will carry the price increase. 

No doubt, they are legendary.  I'm just wondering what their strategy moving forward is on such a high cost?  With the Canadian dollar the way it is, this is very inviting for the US market for sure, I just don't see kids here in Canada going to purchase it with the cost involved.  When you have cheaper options as you mentioned.

I guess we'll see.  They want to be their own boss on this one.

30 minutes ago, dualshowman said:

@coopaloop1234 I do find it fascinating that there isn't a sliding scale accounting for domestic (Canadian) purchase considering that a US-side purchase is essentially comparable to other brands. Is this typically true for Brian's and Vaughn, as well?

CCM with the Axis line is now the same price in CAD as Brians and just a tad more than Vaughn/Bauer. (all prices in CAD) 

Lefebvre - $2,199

CCM Axis/Brians - $2,099 

Vaughn - $2,079

Bauer 2X - $2,049

Bauer 2S - $1,999 (I expect the Ultrasonic to match the 2x Price)

CCM P2/Eflex 4 - $1,999

Warrior - $1,999

There's a 10% difference between buying a CCM eflex (with more tech) than a Lefebvre Eflex. Sorry, 12.1. 

I do wonder if CCM/Bauer's MRSP's are a factor in all of this, especially when we being in the weak CAD. With CCM/Bauer restricting sales across the border, they're able to control their pricing a bit better. Tack on a strong USD and the made in Canada goods become more desirable as the pricing is more in line. Something we don't seem to benefit from here in Canada. 

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

CCM with the Axis line is now the same price in CAD as Brians and just a tad more than Vaughn/Bauer. (all prices in CAD) 

Lefebvre - $2,199

CCM Axis/Brians - $2,099 

Vaughn - $2,079

Bauer 2X - $2,049

Bauer 2S - $1,999 (I expect the Ultrasonic to match the 2x Price)

CCM P2/Eflex 4 - $1,999

Warrior - $1,999

There's a 10% difference between buying a CCM eflex (with more tech) than a Lefebvre Eflex. Sorry, 12.1. 

I do wonder if CCM/Bauer's MRSP's are a factor in all of this, especially when we being in the weak CAD. With CCM/Bauer restricting sales across the border, they're able to control their pricing a bit better. Tack on a strong USD and the made in Canada goods become more desirable as the pricing is more in line. Something we don't seem to benefit from here in Canada. 

Lefevre US pricing: $2,789.97 for a full set (not including shipping)

Switching that back to CAD: $3879.31

Lefevre purchased through Goalie Crease: $2473.37 for a full set (shipping included)

Switching that back to CAD: $3438.84

I saved over $450 CAD by buying through a retailer instead of direct (Thanks @BadAngle41)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Tack on a strong USD and the made in Canada goods become more desirable as the pricing is more in line. Something we don't seem to benefit from here in Canada. 

Clearly there is no benefit to shopping domestically, which is a real shame considering how much better it is for local and domestic economies do as much local and domestic business as possible. But then the government knows this, and hopes you take the bait and spend as much as possible on domestic and local goods. A cursory look shows that I can purchase a Vaughn VE8 mitt for over 100 USD less than here in the States from a Canadian shop, and this shop will ship to the US. That's insanity. 

51 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Lefevre US pricing: $2,789.97 for a full set (not including shipping)

Switching that back to CAD: $3879.31

Lefevre purchased through Goalie Crease: $2473.37 for a full set (shipping included)

Switching that back to CAD: $3438.84

I saved over $450 CAD by buying through a retailer instead of direct (Thanks @BadAngle41)

Thank you for posting this. The Lefevre model is clearly not to sell direct, but they will sell to you should you care to buy through them. Saving 300 USD on a pro set of gear is no joke.

22 hours ago, dualshowman said:

Thank you for posting this. The Lefevre model is clearly not to sell direct, but they will sell to you should you care to buy through them. Saving 300 USD on a pro set of gear is no joke.

I wasn't making a remark on the Lefevre business model.
Assuming they are charging the same price retail as they do direct (which is the case here) Lefevre actually nets more on direct orders as they do not pay retail markup.  The order process is 99% the same.  The only difference when ordering from a retailer is the customer provides a code for the retailer to punch in.

If you take Lefevre's online CAD pricing, gloves and pads run $3389.97 (price shipped from Goalie Crease: $3438.84, so yes, their retail and direct pricing is basically the same for CAD customers) - Compare that to their US pricing ($2789.97) converted to CAD ($3879.31).

$3879.31 (US price converted) - $3389.97 (CAD advertised price) = $489.34 total markup for US customers