Lefevre going solo

cwarnar

35 minutes ago, Teezle said:

That was mentioned in Trav4Oiler's 3-month review of his Lefevre set, and said he would like an option to see it be a reinforced T. He seemed to really like his set, despite a couple cons for each part of the pad/blocker/glove. I'm not familiar with his videos (this was the first I've watched), so I'm not sure how much of that is genuine vs. hype.

Yeah i seen that and the wear on the thumb part of the palm of the glove......never had wear there before!

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, StevenC said:

And the ones who meticulously track Anderson, Binnington, Hart, Price, Varlamov etc and everytime they flip flop between a piece of CCM/Bauer or Leferve gear.

That's sorta what people expect of the IG account. It got pointless and I felt like I was contributing to the problem, so I skipped the topic for about 2 weeks.

57 minutes ago, StevenC said:

There's almost 2 camps of people 'loosing their minds'

The ones who were happy to see the name Leferve back on gear and'couldn't wait to try it' etc

And the ones who meticulously track Anderson, Binnington, Hart, Price, Varlamov etc and everytime they flip flop between a piece of CCM/Bauer or Leferve gear.

I believe the Leferve gear is top notch and fantastic, thats probably why i'm so surprised there hasn't been a bigger up take yet at the lower talent level.....Covid lock down is probably playing a major part (I'm holding off buying gear until i know the rinks can/will open again!!😅)

Didn't Lefevre build most of the CCM stuff the pros were wearing this past season (that started 3 decades ago, back in 2019), anyway? I don't see why it is news that someone wanted to get a set from the same people who already had their exact specs and already made them gear they liked and used this season. Aside from someone like Andersen who went from Bauer to Lefevre, which are two different styles of gear, someone going from "built by Lefevre" to "built by Lefevre, but with no logos" isn't noteworthy to me.

@TheGoalNet @Teezle you guys both touched on something I was thinking about the other day. What if the non-pro crowd who like the EF4 / 12.1 pad wants to order a custom set of CCM EF4 right now? Is Lefevre still "under contract" to produce these for CCM - i.e. are they still ACTUALLY "Made by Lefevre in Canada" or has there been a clean split at this stage? Are new CCM EF4 orders produced by CCM out of China w/o Lefevre involvement?

TLDR - Is custom CCM EF4 gear ordered today = a custom EF4 set produced prior to the split and launch of Lefevre 12.1?

17 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

@TheGoalNet @Teezle you guys both touched on something I was thinking about the other day. What if the non-pro crowd who like the EF4 / 12.1 pad wants to order a custom set of CCM EF4 right now? Is Lefevre still "under contract" to produce these for CCM - i.e. are they still ACTUALLY "Made by Lefevre in Canada" or has there been a clean split at this stage? Are new CCM EF4 orders produced by CCM out of China w/o Lefevre involvement?

TLDR - Is custom CCM EF4 gear ordered today = a custom EF4 set produced prior to the split and launch of Lefevre 12.1?

Yes, custom EF4 ordered now is the same as custom EF4 prior to the split - assuming when you say "non-pro" you mean "retail". Lefevre has not been making custom pads for retail customers for maybe a decade. Retail pro and custom retail pro have been made overseas by CCM/Reebok since maybe 2010/2011.

4 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Lefevre is not under contract to produce anything for CCM as of early 2020. 

Pro level gear for retail has been outsourced by CCM to Asian manufacturing since Premier 4. 

EF4 is still available through CCM retailers.  I believe they are shipping without the "powered by Lefevre" embroidery. 

EDIT:

Also want to add that the last day for pros to order CCM by Lefevre (P2 and EFlex) was back in late 2019, so it's possible some offshore CCM gear has made its way into the pro ranks this season.  Actually, now that I think about it - any pro goalies a) traded in 2020 and b) are wearing their new teams' colors are most definitely in an offshore CCM product.

10 hours ago, StevenC said:

Yeah that's kind of what i thought.  Still seems strange that people were loosing their minds about them breaking away from CCM and having the chance to wear gear with the old school Leferve name, but seems very few people are gearing up to put an order in.

Glove wise, it would seem it has quite a soft 'T-bar' and folds in on its self - is that what Yzueblin meant?

Yes it’s what I trying to write hehe , and it’s happen only after a few beer league game not even 10 games 

5 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Lefevre is not under contract to produce anything for CCM as of early 2020. 

Pro level gear for retail has been outsourced by CCM to Asian manufacturing since Premier 4. 

EF4 is still available through CCM retailers.  I believe they are shipping without the "powered by Lefevre" embroidery. 

EDIT:

Also want to add that the last day for pros to order CCM by Lefevre (P2 and EFlex) was back in late 2019, so it's possible some offshore CCM gear has made its way into the pro ranks this season.  Actually, now that I think about it - any pro goalies a) traded in 2020 and b) are wearing their new teams' colors are most definitely in an offshore CCM product.

Binnington’s dark set at the ASG was off shore, world junior gear was offshore too... 

Past that, it’s hard to tell. If Price has an Off Shore set and an extra Lefevre set and they’re both white with red logos... probably only he the EQM know which is which 

Some earlier talk about Lefevre's customer service....

I called about 10 times in the past two weeks, tried multiple extensions. No answer. I tried messaging on Instagram and someone notified me that their plant was closed until the 3rd of this month. No problem.

This week, I'v called 6 times. Again, multiple extensions. No answer. Again I messaged them on Insta and asked if everyone was still on holidays or if they're just not interested in taking my inquiries. They saw the message, no response. And THAT is what upset me, I was expecting an apology at the very least but I was just ignored.

The bottom line is that I'm in the market for gear and was feeling very inclined to get a Canadian made Lefevre product. But it's a rule that in business, the customer should not have to chase the retailer or manufacturer, it should be the other way around. As a long time Koho/RBK/CCM/Lefebvre gear supporter, even I will not accept this. The person on the other end of that Instagram account should have taken my name and phone number and should have gotten someone to call me. For a smaller, family-run and family-operated company, I expected more.

I'm happy for those of you that got the top-notch customer service from them. But I didn't get a crumb. And if this post makes it back to someone a the plant and they reach out, I'm no longer interested. I shouldn't have to make online complaints to receive basic service.

Anyway, nothing more to add. Sucky and kinna sad situation for me. On to Vaughn.

7 hours ago, Yzueblin said:

Yes it’s what I trying to write hehe , and it’s happen only after a few beer league game not even 10 games 

That's again interesting as CCM gloves have had none of that kind of problem? And T is nothing new so it shouldn't be anything difficult to design.

@ULTIMA That is something that no smaller company should do if they are interested to do business. And LeFevre is so proud of Canada and family and so on. Get someone else to try and caal them on just to see if they are available to anyone ATM? If not then it comes again to inform the audience that "we are closed until..."

4 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Some earlier talk about Lefevre's customer service....

I called about 10 times in the past two weeks, tried multiple extensions. No answer. I tried messaging on Instagram and someone notified me that their plant was closed until the 3rd of this month. No problem.

This week, I'v called 6 times. Again, multiple extensions. No answer. Again I messaged them on Insta and asked if everyone was still on holidays or if they're just not interested in taking my inquiries. They saw the message, no response. And THAT is what upset me, I was expecting an apology at the very least but I was just ignored.

The bottom line is that I'm in the market for gear and was feeling very inclined to get a Canadian made Lefevre product. But it's a rule that in business, the customer should not have to chase the retailer or manufacturer, it should be the other way around. As a long time Koho/RBK/CCM/Lefebvre gear supporter, even I will not accept this. The person on the other end of that Instagram account should have taken my name and phone number and should have gotten someone to call me. For a smaller, family-run and family-operated company, I expected more.

I'm happy for those of you that got the top-notch customer service from them. But I didn't get a crumb. And if this post makes it back to someone a the plant and they reach out, I'm no longer interested. I shouldn't have to make online complaints to receive basic service.

Anyway, nothing more to add. Sucky and kinna sad situation for me. On to Vaughn.

Things get behind but that was just silly on there part. Im totally out of the market for expensive stuff but that turns me off and storys like that stay in the back of my mine. When my roof needed replaced I called six companys two called me back one sent me a postcard sayin they couldn’t take my business at the time. Hope its a long time before I need another roof but the one that sent the postcard will get another chance at my biz later.  But you might of saved yourself mighty frustration as if they didnt answer the call when you were tryna buy somethin imagine if you had problems? Your pads fallin apart after three skates and they tell you to pound sand without sayin nothin at all.

On 8/5/2020 at 11:35 AM, Chenner29 said:

This is accurate. I play with a guy that got custom EF4s right after the split, no "powered by Lefevre" on it.

8 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Soon...

First impression "Cool which of the Preds goalies will get these" - "why in the middle of Cup" - "In a shop?" Ah Chenner29 will get these....😁 

What are the catcher specs, looks interesting with break lining to very much offset T to the finger side. And fingerside is long looking.

4 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

First impression "Cool which of the Preds goalies will get these" - "why in the middle of Cup" - "In a shop?" Ah Chenner29 will get these....😁 

What are the catcher specs, looks interesting with break lining to very much offset T to the finger side. And fingerside is long 

That is the 580 break glove, they pretty much all look like that 

9 hours ago, Teezle said:

They have not yet emailed me back. See Chenner's response below regarding the lacing colour.

Interesting. It seems like it should definitely be separate, so you can have the lacing on the glove match the binding colour and still get the skate lace pocket if you want.

Good to know regarding the Xtra versions of the gloves. Do we know what type of foam they are using, since I think CCM has exclusive usage of D30 for their gear?

You can probably request the glove binding to be a different color, but they may miss it.

I requested my FRS and FRS elastic to be red nylon to contrast with the royal blue nylon backing of the pad.
It all under one option on the customizer under "Inside Leg Channel Color"
They said no problem...however, when I got pictures of the gear, they put a royal blue FRS and red FRS elastic. 

Not a big deal IMO as it won't make me stop more pucks.

On 8/11/2020 at 11:21 AM, Teezle said:

What I mean is that on the customizer, you can select the lacing colour for the L20.1 leg pads. But there is no option to select the lacing colour for the glove or blocker - and even using the "import colours" function to have the glove/blocker match the pads leaves the lacing white on the L20.1.

Contrast that with Teflo's L12.1 set, which has coloured lacing on the glove, so it is something that they could do.

yeah the assembly lace color on the pads are one selection and the glove lace matches to the pocket.  I picked royal blue skate lace pocket for the glove so I should get blue nylon assembly lace.

1 hour ago, Telfo said:

I feel like I read a while back they were planning to release a chesty next year but I couldn't tell you where I saw that.  If the True hockey partnership comes to fruition I would think they would expand to most other areas of gear.

I recall the same. I think it was an article by a Canadian news outlet. 

It probably won’t be a P1 remake, I don’t think they had anything to do with the design and manufacture of those. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just my opinion but I think the title of this thread should be changed to something along the lines of "Lefevre official thread" or something to that degree.

Anyway, in 3 days I'v seen 2 sets of their gear for sale on Facebook marketplace. Both times stating the gear is too big in size, referring to leg pads. I did receive information directly that their gear fits larger than the competition. And I was informed that they don't make 31 or smaller so I couldn't order if I wanted to. Thought I'd pass that on before anyone drops a few grand.

8 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

Just my opinion but I think the title of this thread should be changed to something along the lines of "Lefevre official thread" or something to that degree.

Anyway, in 3 days I'v seen 2 sets of their gear for sale on Facebook marketplace. Both times stating the gear is too big in size, referring to leg pads. I did receive information directly that their gear fits larger than the competition. And I was informed that they don't make 31 or smaller so I couldn't order if I wanted to. Thought I'd pass that on before anyone drops a few grand.

That is a good call.

One of the initial goals on this website was not to let threads get too bloated. Makes it hard to look things up at a later. More threads, with specific names, and shorter in length is the way to go.

Been slacking a bit in this aspect

Split the thread into 4

20.1 - For people who ordered gear

12.1 - For people who ordered gear

Sizing - Because we should help people going from CCM to Lefevre

Chesty - Watch developments on that front

We can keep this thread open for any discussions about the "Business of Lefevre" as the split continues to roll on

• 4 weeks later...

Archived