Lefevre going solo

cwarnar

8 hours ago, Max27 said:

could it also be that they've only figured how to make fast glide in white so far? assuming that due to it still being a relatively new material still to the production lines, it could be only producible in white. Likely, you're right though, it costs a fortune to get the materials for pads, Lefevre can't afford that at from an investment standpoint right now, they would lose thousands of dollars from how big a surplus of colored fast glide coated jenpro rolls/sheets they end up having.

Primo/Opti Slide was also offered in Black, White, and Grey the first year they had it, which was the Optik1s first year in the release cycle. I remember @TheGoalNet was able to get it in red on his old o1s before they stopped offering it at the time. I'm pretty sure during the gnetik 4s first year, they expanded it to the current color selection. Brians is naturally far more established than Lefevre currently is though, and could afford to have a surplus if they even were to end up having it. But, Primo was also sought after by Brians retail customers a lot, which led to the color expansion. It was also only offered out of high demand, and was expanded because of further demand, so they would probably have a very easy time making back the investment, whereas Fastglide is a new material Lefevre has promoted, and Speedskin back when they were partnered with CCM was a promoted material by them, not as much a demanded one like Primo/Opti Slide was.

I highly doubt that Lefevre went out and had a product specially made for use on their gear.  The vast majority of components you see in hockey gear today are already being made for applications in other industries.

Thanks for correcting me on Primo.  Haven't followed Brian's much either.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, netminder said:

Isnt it odd, that Lefevre is on the better part of the 10th month since thier solo launch and they STILL only offer just white in the fast slide option??

I find it that quite amateur, sorry, but whats the reasoning for next to no colorway choices on their website after 10 months?? the first 2-10 weeks i get, but im more then suprised the 'bestest' doent offer the same as the rest. by now.

It's a cost issue

16 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

It's a cost issue

You mean a small company that just started to operate independently doesn't have a massive amount of funds to have a wide array of coloured specialty materials in less than a year's span?

Next thing you'll tell me is that they were more occupied with properly negotiating a merger with a large conglomerate.

11 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You mean a small company that just started to operate independently doesn't have a massive amount of funds to have a wide array of coloured specialty materials in less than a year's span?

Next thing you'll tell me is that they were more occupied with properly negotiating a merger with a large conglomerate.

All speculation on my part here, but:

I'd say the self-branding initiative was part of Lefevre's negotiation.  I might go so far as suggest that someone at Lefevre intentionally leaked the possibility of a merger to give them some immediate clout while they were operating under their own name. 

But I'm a bit of a cynic and conspiracy theorist at heart.

3 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I highly doubt that Lefevre went out and had a product specially made for use on their gear.  The vast majority of components you see in hockey gear today are already being made for applications in other industries.

Thanks for correcting me on Primo.  Haven't followed Brian's much either.

ahh gotcha. I figured since they said it was similar to speedskin but not quite it was more specifically designed for them. 

I havent followed Brians super closely honestly, but if i was to leave warrior (which i wont 😼 @Kirk3190 ) I would totally get Gnetiks. The Primo seriously impressed me when I checked them out on the gnetik ivs and optiks in person. Could totally see them being the best sliding pad on the market even if that can be more subjective.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, keeperton said:

Me, sitting here and waiting. Lookin' like a prime dumbass for believing the internet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG-oZkJgeA-/

They all probably went home 2 hours ago

Edit:

On my work PC so no pics, but it's a 20.1 with True logos for Bernier.

Biggest news is they got rid of the awful logo placement.  It says TRUE on the outer roll now.

I know that there's much more to the business side of this, but True fell ass-backwards into an amazing situation with Lefevre... and Lefevre fell ass-backwards into True. There are now effectively four [sometimes/almost] head-to-toe goalie companies: Vaughn/Graf, True/Lefevre, CCM and Bauer. That's as compelling and competitive lineup of A-List brands we've ever seen.

9 hours ago, dualshowman said:

I know that there's much more to the business side of this, but True fell ass-backwards into an amazing situation with Lefevre... and Lefevre fell ass-backwards into True. There are now effectively four [sometimes/almost] head-to-toe goalie companies: Vaughn/Graf, True/Lefevre, CCM and Bauer. That's as compelling and competitive lineup of A-List brands we've ever seen.

Warrior is just missing their entry with skates too.

13 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Kinda like me when I try to think of a reason to buy Warriors. 

Really just poking the bear about Warrior gear in general.

I admit G5 sr gear was a disappointment. Warrior makes great stuff they just pushed the pads to be a little too thin to the point they didn’t stay stiff for me

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Kinda like me when I try to think of a reason to buy Warriors. 

Really just poking the bear about Warrior gear in general.

Ohhh, Now I understand,

It's ok. I'd feel inadequate too if I bought Axis pads. 😎

55 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I admit G5 sr gear was a disappointment. Warrior makes great stuff they just pushed the pads to be a little too thin to the point they didn’t stay stiff for me

There's a massive difference in the stiffness of their SR vs Pro lines just because of their Hypercomp. My GT2's feel stiffer than sr G5's.

I talked with a Warrior ambassador after one of my games and he stressed that to get the G5's to be more of a stiff pad instead of a semi-stiff (SLR) pad, that users would need to order them with the "pro stiffness" option.

54 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Ohhh, Now I understand,

It's ok. I'd feel inadequate too if I bought Axis pads. 😎

HA. The important part is you got there... unfortunately it's taking longer for you to do the same with your gear... but I'm confident you'll realize it one day. 

That reminds me though... I haven't done sh*t with my review of Axis thus far. I'll have to remedy that tonight or tomorrow. Sneak peak... there are aspects I do love... some frustrations... and a couple things I miss from 2X.

Back to the True Crafted by Lefevre discussion though...

51 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

HA. The important part is you got there... unfortunately it's taking longer for you to do the same with your gear... but I'm confident you'll realize it one day. 

That reminds me though... I haven't done sh*t with my review of Axis thus far. I'll have to remedy that tonight or tomorrow. Sneak peak... there are aspects I do love... some frustrations... and a couple things I miss from 2X.

Back to the True Crafted by Lefevre discussion though...

I never said I was the brightest. Just the most handsome.

I tried to give Lefevre gear a shot over the summer. I got two games through my P2.9 gloves and just gave them up. I couldn't submit my hands to such atrocities.

But aside from jest, and actual update on the axis pads would be excellent. 👍

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Teezle said:

Does anyone here have a line to the customer service people at Lefevre? I have been trying unsuccessfully to get in touch with them regarding my order (placed through them, not a retailer). No one has picked up the telephone at reception, nor returned my messages or email. The only person who actually replied to me was on their instagram account, but they did not provide any information and have since stopped replying.

The order was placed in mid-August and shipped to me (in the US) on 11/05 via FedEx. Although the package has reached my city, it has been stuck in a loop trying to clear customs since Monday. According to Lefevre, there is some import duty or customs that needs to be paid (quote from them "Contact FedEx to pay the customs fee. In our invoicing the shipping is paid but the customs and duty is not included.") - but I have never experienced that requirement with any shipments, including other full sets of gear, from Canada in the past. It is my understanding that the reason it costs more to ship with a service like FedEx (as opposed to the post office) is because the customs brokerage is part of the shipping fee itself. FedEx has no idea what they're talking about and doesn't think any extra fees need to be paid by me, nor does US CPB.

I suspect that there is a mistake or omission on the customs documentation they included with the shipment, but thus far they have not sent me a copy of the customs documentation as I have requested. Or some other error on their part in the shipping. 

I was quite excited to receive this gear, but now I am just annoyed that they are providing negative customer service value. I'm sure it's good gear, but they've made it pretty clear to me that they don't give a shit about regular customers. As interested as I was in their future offerings, I will be looking elsewhere for gear once I decide to replace this set.

You need to get that out of customs, if it has not cleared, asap before it goes general order and will get sent to a gov warehouse for additional fees and storage costs.  Have you contacted Fedex with your tracking number?

59 minutes ago, dreadlocked1 said:

You need to get that out of customs, if it has not cleared, asap before it goes general order and will get sent to a gov warehouse for additional fees and storage costs.  Have you contacted Fedex with your tracking number?

Yes, I have been in contact with FedEx since Monday when it was supposed to be delivered. They have yet to figure out why it is being held up - or yet to tell me, at any rate. If I knew why it was not clearing, I would happily do something about it. 

Shortly after I posted the initial question, someone from Lefevre finally got back to me saying that they were in contact with FedEx as well, and that they’d let me know when they had more information. Maybe they got an alert that someone had made public noise about their lack of response. 

Archived