Lefevre going solo

cwarnar

19 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I think the Lefevre name coming back is way cooler than Koho... this is a true goalie brand 

Lefevre run by a Lefebvre. That is the cool part, more than anything. I would be yawning if Bauer had Bauer by Lefevre, as it would have been *just* the name. If Koho were brought back, it would most likely be the Koho brand on something else. The fact that Lefevre had managed to not be owned by CCM is nothing short of a miracle, not to mention them keeping their name! 

Great story (in French) on Lefebvre, from their beginnings (how they modified some Koho pads for Roy in 1992-93), to their future plans (they intend to be in the NHL next season, and will introduce their first chesty):

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/1455591/chronique-martin-leclerc-hockey-famille-lefebvre-equipement-gardiens-jambieres?depuisRecherche=true

45 minutes ago, aircanuck said:

I see the thousands of animated gifs and reaction pictures on social media, but I'm curious how many people are actually going to buy the brand. Hoping for the best, as it is, indeed, a great hockey story. 

It is a very storied brand, and in many cases, an entire generation knew little about Lefevre, then later could only buy CCM stuff with a Lefevre label on it, NOT an actual Lefevre product. The Patrick Roy connection could pay dividends. Knowing these people were the brains and hands behind the actual gear Price and Fleury used is going to help sell this stuff. They may not be able to use those names, but this did not happen in a vacuum...

It is nothing like the recent story of DW buying the heritage brand Slingerland where mostly drummers over the age of 45 knew of the brand with the most famous user/endorser being a drummer who has been dead for 30 years. A new Slingerland drum kit has not been available since the ‘80s! Most of us in the drum world are guessing the marketing will be for us old folk! Unlike this action, Lefevre is very relevant now.

How CCM did not own the brand name is crazy to me, especially with the huge sporting goods company Adidas pulling the strings. My old brand name for my bike stuff is locked away for a very long time, and my brand was never on a shelf in any bike shoppe! 

Edited by bunnyman666
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Abraham Simpson said:

Great story (in French) on Lefebvre, from their beginnings (how they modified some Koho pads for Roy in 1992-93), to their future plans (they intend to be in the NHL next season, and will introduce their first chesty):

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/1455591/chronique-martin-leclerc-hockey-famille-lefebvre-equipement-gardiens-jambieres?depuisRecherche=true

Thanks.

I (google) translated the rest for us.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/1455591/chronique-martin-leclerc-hockey-famille-lefebvre-equipement-gardiens-jambieres&prev=search

3 minutes ago, RichMan said:

If Lefebvre gets introduced in the show via pads/gloves, expect to dish out a lot of coin. They will most likely model the company a la Brian's. Will they go offshore? Remains to be seen.

My thoughts as well.  They definitely have the following at the NHL level.  I'm curious to see how many pros go Axis.  I think the Eflex crowd will be catered to by CCM but there's a large P2 following that is SOL

Pads looks great, but very traditional.  Guess they need their flagship pad everyone knows.  Love seeing the 580 trapper.

The font they chose is HORRIBLE. 

Hope they other models are modern.  They’ve been innovators historically.  Hoping to see that continue.  

I agree with (whoever said it) the earlier call that Bernier is the most likely to wear this stuff from the get-go.  

1 hour ago, Goalline said:

Pads looks great, but very traditional.  Guess they need their flagship pad everyone knows.  Love seeing the 580 trapper.

Hope they other models are modern.  They’ve been innovators historically.  Hoping to see that continue.  

I agree with (whoever said it) the earlier call that Bernier is the most likely to wear this stuff from the get-go.  

I feel like the other 3 names show intent to innovate/evolve the lines whereas the L87s will be their staple pad for those who want that design.  After all, it's easy for 4.1, 12.1 and 20.1 to become 4.2, 12.2 and 20.2 as the pads evolve.  They've also left themselves plenty of room for completely new lines in/around the existing models.

2 hours ago, Goalline said:

That is their old font. It’s not Vaughn’s approximation of their old font like on some of their retro-flavoured offerings. It still kills me that they try to pass off Cooper’s GM12 hole pattern as “generally retro”.

This is good, IMO. I zigged when I should’ve zagged on a set of late ‘80s Lefebvre pads, and they had this font on the side panels. It would have been cool with the cursive script they used later, as well.

Edited by bunnyman666

8 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

Man, these look great. The L20's look to be a Premier-style pad which is nice. Can't wait to see them once they are officially released. 

If my setup weren't 2 years old (still tons of life left in them) I would 1000% consider getting these. 

Trying to not burn up the credit card, especially since my Factory pads are just about paid off!

Resist the temptation!!!!

• Like 1