Lefevre going solo

cwarnar

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Based on the court statement, it seems like the case is more about the Axis being very similar in design to the Lefevre badged Premier and Eflex. Emphasis below is mine. 

To the best of my knowledge...

Axis was designed by CCM. I don't believe Lefevre had any involvement with design. Had CCM and Lefevre came to agreement on a new production contract , I would imagine that pad would have been built in Canada by Lefevre.

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

This is probably the pad Bernier has been wearing.

I see a bindingless top.  Presumably a new core.  Extra Stiff core is available.

image.png.7e335bcec4fd781f67828a8aca0e8e89.png

To my understanding...

Xtra Stiff is what many of the NHL EFlex guys have used. I believe Rinne uses this. Make sense as he came from Premiere. This is not available at retail to make sure there is a clear distinction between EFlex and Premier.

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Actually , CCM won.

Lefevre asked the court to tell CCM to stop.

The court said Nope.

Had Lefevre Won or if they won in future battles...

It would make Lefevre extremely valuable if they wanted to partner with someone else in the future... another "By Lefevre".

According to the GGN instagram, the 20.1 line will sit 1" higher due to the new calf strapping. Hard to say if that means 1" higher than current CCM specs (which are already ~1" higher than other brands, e.g. if you fit a 35" pad with Vaughn you go with a 34" pads in CCM), or just "these fit like CCMs, too."

10 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

That's pretty cool to see!  I'll have to check them out next time I'm in Detroit.

....If it's the Troy store you go to, don't count on them having any inventory. Their goalie section is pretty sad. Novi may be better though, I haven't been to that location.

32 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

....If it's the Troy store you go to, don't count on them having any inventory. Their goalie section is pretty sad. Novi may be better though, I haven't been to that location.

I was just in Troy and you're right, the selection wasn't nearly as good as it's been in previous years.  They still do a good job with sharpening at least!

• 2 weeks later...

Going to preface this with the fact that I didn't read through all 8 pages yet (so apologies if asked/answered), but given the 4 new Lefevre models , it appears to be a continuation of CCM's licensed "by Lefevre" pads under their new badging:

L87 / Retroflex

L4.1 / Premier

L12.1 / Eflex

L20.1 / Axis (Given these aren't even launched to public yet, I assume this pad is an exclusive CCM product and therefore Lefevre would not have blocking rights for the design?)

Was there some license / joint venture agreement between CCM and Lefevre just recently expired which is why Lefevre has been gearing up to launch their solo operation? I assume Lefevre retained the rights to their Retroflex, Premier and Eflex designs so CCM will not be able to "copy" them so to speak and will need to modify their future offerings with design tweaks? Otherwise wouldn't the L4.1 and P3 be the same pad with different badges??

Curious to know how each of these competing lines might differ going forward given CCM got to see first hand how the sausage was made by Lefevre for all these years...

Also, @TheGoalNet I'm sure its on everyone's tongue right now - When will you get your first set of Lefevre's for a deep dive!!!!! And which model would you start with if they green light that demo (please say L87!!!!)

PS - Just skimmed back through the last 3 or 4 pages I skipped before writing this... be gentle.

Image result for captain obvious

Archived