Sign in to follow this  
cwarnar

Lefevre going solo

I don't think so.

It just means Lefevre and CCM can continue doing their own thing separately, for now.

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Based on the court statement, it seems like the case is more about the Axis being very similar in design to the Lefevre badged Premier and Eflex. Emphasis below is mine. 

To the best of my knowledge...

Axis was designed by CCM. I don't believe Lefevre had any involvement with design. Had CCM and Lefevre came to agreement on a new production contract , I would imagine that pad would have been built in Canada by Lefevre.

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

This is probably the pad Bernier has been wearing.

I see a bindingless top.  Presumably a new core.  Extra Stiff core is available.

image.png.7e335bcec4fd781f67828a8aca0e8e89.png

To my understanding...

Xtra Stiff is what many of the NHL EFlex guys have used. I believe Rinne uses this. Make sense as he came from Premiere. This is not available at retail to make sure there is a clear distinction between EFlex and Premier.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Looks like a CCM Axis. 🤫

Or Optik or JRZ

There is clearly a new trend coming, like when Velo came out...

No upper binding

Stiff upper

Flexible boot

Soft boot

Close to leg fit

Hard rebounds

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Actually , CCM won.

Lefevre asked the court to tell CCM to stop.

The court said Nope.

Had Lefevre Won or if they won in future battles...

It would make Lefevre extremely valuable if they wanted to partner with someone else in the future... another "By Lefevre".

According to the GGN instagram, the 20.1 line will sit 1" higher due to the new calf strapping. Hard to say if that means 1" higher than current CCM specs (which are already ~1" higher than other brands, e.g. if you fit a 35" pad with Vaughn you go with a 34" pads in CCM), or just "these fit like CCMs, too."

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Or Optik or JRZ

There is clearly a new trend coming, like when Velo came out...

No upper binding

Stiff upper

Flexible boot

Soft boot

Close to leg fit

Hard rebounds

Awww, don't ruin my joke like that. :(

Reminds me of the original Warrior tabletop boot they had before the NHL made them add the sewn in hump at the boot.  Also made them add at least one leather strap by the knee when it was all elastics.  This was back when the Ritual G2 was coming out. 

10 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

That's pretty cool to see!  I'll have to check them out next time I'm in Detroit.

....If it's the Troy store you go to, don't count on them having any inventory. Their goalie section is pretty sad. Novi may be better though, I haven't been to that location.

32 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

....If it's the Troy store you go to, don't count on them having any inventory. Their goalie section is pretty sad. Novi may be better though, I haven't been to that location.

I was just in Troy and you're right, the selection wasn't nearly as good as it's been in previous years.  They still do a good job with sharpening at least!

9 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

I was just in Troy and you're right, the selection wasn't nearly as good as it's been in previous years.  They still do a good job with sharpening at least!

Novi got out of goalie