Goalieinneed’s YouTube channel + hockey in israel

GoalieInTheDesertYT

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, RichMan said:

How are the rinks handling the heat? Here in Gatineau/Ottawa, during summers, if the temp hits high 20s outside, the ice quality takes a big hit and takes forever to freeze after the zamboni.

I’m not sure I’ve never skated on any rink outside of Israel. 
But considering it’s a practically brand new rink (opened summer 2019) the ice is good especially if you get the first skate of the day.

as the day goes on and there is less time for the ice to set after each engo run the quality does take a hit.

the ice is always ice we never had puddles in the side or middle unlike the rink in Eilat.

also the weather is always hot unless it rains. That’s the only time it gets under the 20 range

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Have you ever played at the rink in the mall in Eilat? I skated there when I went to Israel in 2015

I skated there 2 years ago in the summer ( never again waaaaaay to many people + it’s too hot and the ice is just a swimming pool)

you can’t play hockey there. There are no boards and not even enough people considering how remote it is.

6 hours ago, Goalieinneed said:

I skated there 2 years ago in the summer ( never again waaaaaay to many people + it’s too hot and the ice is just a swimming pool)

you can’t play hockey there. There are no boards and not even enough people considering how remote it is.

The rink is super cool though being in the middle of the mall and stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Goalieinneed said:

got called bcs my old team was in need of a goalie. So of course I joined.

one of the other goalies happened to be Israel’s national team goalie. I’ll most likely be posting his warmup soon.

I'm the only Israeli here probably, we spoke on YouTube I believe a while back. I'm from Kfar Saba but live in Toronto now.  I still go back every few years. I been in net now for maybe 10 years. I started in my late 20s, moved here when I was 12. 

7 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I'm the only Israeli here probably, we spoke on YouTube I believe a while back. I'm from Kfar Saba but live in Toronto now.  I still go back every few years. I been in net now for maybe 10 years. I started in my late 20s, moved here when I was 12. 

I live in the city next to kfar saba. Played for kfar saba for a couple of years before our team became the base of a new league in the new ice rink (one ice arena OIHL)