Goalieinneed’s YouTube channel + hockey in israel

GoalieInTheDesertYT

24 minutes ago, Goalieinneed said:

Israel got rocked by China this game 14-1 final

And China is not even that good. They got their butts kicked to the tune of 3 losses by a score difference of 16-2 against.  The only game they were competitive in was against Germany. 

Hopefully Israel can make some progress up the leaderboard in the next few years. 

1 hour ago, ilyazhito said:

And China is not even that good. They got their butts kicked to the tune of 3 losses by a score difference of 16-2 against.  The only game they were competitive in was against Germany. 

Hopefully Israel can make some progress up the leaderboard in the next few years. 

I’ve been told by a very trusted source that they left out some of the better defensemen this year by taking a lot more defensemen (fcking hockey politics.)

Looking over the past 3 games it feels like 

1)individually a good amount of them can be competitive but they aren’t playing well as a team. They barely practice together. If they even get a practice game they will absolutely fleece everyone else. So it’s hard for them to get actual competition.

2) while watching the Israel’s defensive game they just stayed inside the dots leaving a ton of space by the boards for passes. We only have 1 ice rink with European size ice and that’s all the way up north in israel. The main rinks we play/practice in are not that size. It looked like they played the wrong style of defense 

3) there had no urgency/hustle. They were always second to the puck just waiting for the other team to make a move. Not getting so physical. Leaving the goalies to foot the bill.

55 minutes ago, Goalieinneed said:

I’ve been told by a very trusted source that they left out some of the better defensemen this year by taking a lot more defensemen (fcking hockey politics.)

Looking over the past 3 games it feels like 

1)individually a good amount of them can be competitive but they aren’t playing well as a team. They barely practice together. If they even get a practice game they will absolutely fleece everyone else. So it’s hard for them to get actual competition.

2) while watching the Israel’s defensive game they just stayed inside the dots leaving a ton of space by the boards for passes. We only have 1 ice rink with European size ice and that’s all the way up north in israel. The main rinks we play/practice in are not that size. It looked like they played the wrong style of defense 

3) there had no urgency/hustle. They were always second to the puck just waiting for the other team to make a move. Not getting so physical. Leaving the goalies to foot the bill.

Still great to see my home country play 🇮🇱 ❤️ 

44 minutes ago, Goalieinneed said:

Just about done with the Israel v Netherlands game

working on the Israel v Spain now. this one was the closest game

From some of the highlights they definitely look disoriented and not interested. Lack of practice as you mentioned and players just not playing together. 

A little more hustle would be nice though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GoalieInTheDesertYT said:

Nothing better than the promised land.

were you here for Independence Day?

It was around lag baomer May 10 to 21 only...too short, need to go back next year.

Came to see family, most of my family came too my sister and her husband in Israel for the first time, my niece, it was good.

2 hours ago, GoalieInTheDesertYT said:

Anyway the IEHL (Israel Elite hockey league) has started 

apparently the commissioner got people from all different leagues and levels to come play. Some college and some higher. 
I should have some highlights ready soon

I noticed that some came from Europe too, wonder if they pay them? Look at the league Instagram page it shows.