Goalieinneed’s YouTube channel + hockey in israel

GoalieInTheDesertYT

5 hours ago, Goalieinneed said:

I live in the city next to kfar saba. Played for kfar saba for a couple of years before our team became the base of a new league in the new ice rink (one ice arena OIHL)

Would that be Ranana?

How many Rinks in Israel now? I didn't know what hockey was till I got here at 12 years old, I did see baseball though. I played soccer hard-core and basketball as well. Traveling playing basketball was awesome though.   Since I moved though I played the major North American sports, played high school basketball, football. But hockey took over now... love it. Are you Israeli or did you move to Israel?

3 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Would that be Ranana?

How many Rinks in Israel now? I didn't know what hockey was till I got here at 12 years old, I did see baseball though. I played soccer hard-core and basketball as well. Traveling playing basketball was awesome though.   Since I moved though I played the major North American sports, played high school basketball, football. But hockey took over now... love it. Are you Israeli or did you move to Israel?

Yah I do live in Ra’anana moved here about 8 years ago, if I’m correct there are 3/4 rinks to play ice hockey in now. I started playing floor hockey in America before I moved to Israel and made the switch.

11 hours ago, Goalieinneed said:

Moved with the entire family. It is our homeland after all.
it was also my grandfathers dream to move to Israel but he passed away before he could move here.

his grandkids are fulfilling his dream.

Very interesting! How old are you now, where you come from? How long have you been there? Hebrew getting better?

They call you to the army?

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2022 at 8:13 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

Would that be Ranana?

So I moved here In 2014 and got into ice and roller here. I was playing a bit of floor hockey in the states.

Speak Hebrew fluently now (that was an ordeal)

drafting into the army soon which means I may have to put hockey on pause.

7 hours ago, Goalieinneed said:

So I moved here In 2014 and got into ice and roller here. I was playing a bit of floor hockey in the states.

Speak Hebrew fluently now (that was an ordeal)

drafting into the army soon which means I may have to put hockey on pause.

Awesome, good luck with all that. 

My dad served in Be'er Sheva, when I was younger maybe 9 or 10 I joined him for a few days...was pretty cool, the food was the best part! I love the foot there either way, the ice cream and chocolates are heaven. 

• 2 weeks later...

so I tried mic’ing myself up, it worked for ten minutes until I decided to do pull-ups with all my gear on. Sound cut off right as I starting pulling up. I have the footage of that, I will be posting later.

I decided that before I draft I’ll put some more effort into my vids

here is a link to my shorts playlist I have some funny clips on it so please check it out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Goalieinneed said:

I did, this is giving me ideas on what I would do if I get a bucket painted

Not sure if I mentioned it's a vinyl wrap, a lot cheaper.....you could go that route and if you get sick of it after a few years you can always change it up.

Paint costs too much, done it once before.

On 4/25/2022 at 7:27 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

Not sure if I mentioned it's a vinyl wrap, a lot cheaper.....you could go that route and if you get sick of it after a few years you can always change it up.

Paint costs too much, done it once before.

That’s nice to know, I just sticker bombed my helmet it came out pretty decent

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Yup!

Have you seen the leagues in Israel that they have started? You don't play on any team do you?

As of now I’m not in any league

i was actually supposed to draft yesterday but I had it pushed off last minute for medical reasons

i was thinking about trying to sneak my way in the IEHL as a back up but I realized how rusty I am when I went to a practice with the best players that are currently in israel. I got absolutely sniped felt like Swiss cheese. That vid will be up in a week.

14 hours ago, Goalieinneed said:

As of now I’m not in any league

i was actually supposed to draft yesterday but I had it pushed off last minute for medical reasons

i was thinking about trying to sneak my way in the IEHL as a back up but I realized how rusty I am when I went to a practice with the best players that are currently in israel. I got absolutely sniped felt like Swiss cheese. That vid will be up in a week.

Oh ok lol ya, that league is no joke. Players from Europe come and play. They have an Instagram page and they showcase the players. 

11 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Oh ok lol ya, that league is no joke. Players from Europe come and play. They have an Instagram page and they showcase the players. 

My cousin recently got signed. I’m also friendly with half the goalies in the league 

i guess that’s the perks of playing hockey in such small country