Protechion by Audex

TheGoalNet

15 minutes ago, Synyster said:

Yes, I work for Passau at the main office. It's actually Alain himself that came across this post today and asked me to respond. I just translated word for word what he told me (we're all french here).

That's really awesome! Tell him we sincerely appreciate him chiming in with the history 

13 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

That's really awesome! Tell him we sincerely appreciate him chiming in with the history 

He's always glad to!

So for the name change, Bayard was selling directly to customers, but this was pre-internet era and selling direct didn't have the same reach as it has today. Alain started gathering contracts to make pads for other companies but there was a conflict since Bayard sold direct and didn't go through distributors. He started Passau productions for that reason, it was all a buisness decision. Now with the new era of communications, we have gone back to selling direct and only concentrate ourselves on our brand: Passau. Basically, everything you get out of our company now is decided, designed, engineered and distributed by us and us only.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Sounds like a very complicated story. If I read correctly, The Bourden's divorced, Mrs. Bourden kept the name, after she left, the company became Audax. Audax was distributed by Pro•Tech•ion and thats how the Pro•Tech•ion name was used. Then they made gear for Jofa, and then Jofa was bought out by Koho? Geez.. shows you how a bad marriage can really screw things up. 

Archived