Bauer Vapor Line

Max27

Matt (HockeyReviewsCA) made a good point on his 2x pro review how Bauer doesnt have a truly soft pad anymore and how they should make the successor of the 2x pro a much softer pad at the break points and make the face much softer to make it less like supreme. With a pad like eflex, i dont see how Bauer can say the 2x competes with it to offer a ¨hybrid" style, as the 2x pro is much stiffer torsionally, in the face, and breaks on the eflex. same goes for velocity. I personally checked the 2xs out in store and while it is softer than supreme, it isnt really soft by any means, and I dont understand what Bauer is going for with the 2x. With the different custom options you can now do on Bauer pads, you can get the vapor to be a supreme pad with a flatter boot and vapor strapping. You can even order the 2xs to be stiffer than the 2s. I hope for the next vapor line, bauer really softens the pads up because they could market a pad like the eflex with better sliding, but still giving torsional flex and soft rebounds. However, an issue could be that the cortech skin design does not allow for the pad to be truly a soft pad. anyone have any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Max27 said:

Matt (HockeyReviewsCA) made a good point on his 2x pro review how Bauer doesnt have a truly soft pad anymore and how they should make the successor of the 2x pro a much softer pad at the break points and make the face much softer to make it less like supreme. With a pad like eflex, i dont see how Bauer can say the 2x competes with it to offer a ¨hybrid" style, as the 2x pro is much stiffer torsionally, in the face, and breaks on the eflex. same goes for velocity. I personally checked the 2xs out in store and while it is softer than supreme, it isnt really soft by any means, and I dont understand what Bauer is going for with the 2x. With the different custom options you can now do on Bauer pads, you can get the vapor to be a supreme pad with a flatter boot and vapor strapping. You can even order the 2xs to be stiffer than the 2s. I hope for the next vapor line, bauer really softens the pads up because they could market a pad like the eflex with better sliding, but still giving torsional flex and soft rebounds. However, an issue could be that the cortech skin design does not allow for the pad to be truly a soft pad. anyone have any thoughts?

honestly, one goalie on my team uses stock 2s pads and the blocker may give of the softest rebs ive ever seen. thats just my experience but when the puck hits the blocker the puck basically just stops and drops right in front of him. but i agree with you on the the pads could be passed on as a hard style pad

44 minutes ago, Dero said:

honestly, one goalie on my team uses stock 2s pads and the blocker may give of the softest rebs ive ever seen. thats just my experience but when the puck hits the blocker the puck basically just stops and drops right in front of him. but i agree with you on the the pads could be passed on as a hard style pad

interesting. from what ive seen the 2s rockets pucks off of the blocker. maybe the blocker is super worn? 2 kids i went to camp with this summer had 2s blockers and ones had super hard rebounds and the others were much softer.

Archived