Gnetik Pro 3 Leg Pad outer face material loose??

MESS

I posted this in the wrong spot earlier, sorry. I'am a noob to the site.

Quick question on the Gnetik 3 leg pad. Looking to purchase a used set but the material on the front seems to be loose, like you push it and then it touches the inner foam and inch later - more prominent towards the boot. I know that pad is a hybrid pad but have never used a leg pad like this and wanted to know if this is normal for this pad because of the torsional give and hybrid give or flex. Is the material that way so the pad breaks-in and is flexible? Just concerned about completely dead rebounds or will this speed up the internal breakdown of the foam. Any insight would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, MESS said:

I posted this in the wrong spot earlier, sorry. I'am a noob to the site.

Quick question on the Gnetik 3 leg pad. Looking to purchase a used set but the material on the front seems to be loose, like you push it and then it touches the inner foam and inch later - more prominent towards the boot. I know that pad is a hybrid pad but have never used a leg pad like this and wanted to know if this is normal for this pad because of the torsional give and hybrid give or flex. Is the material that way so the pad breaks-in and is flexible? Just concerned about completely dead rebounds or will this speed up the internal breakdown of the foam. Any insight would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Have any pics?

I believe this is a design feature to some extent

On my G-netik 2's you can push on the jenpro on the shin and definitely feel an air gap before you hit the solid core foam of the pad's main structure.  From what I recall, as a hybrid line they were made like this to keep the rebounds close, and come from there being no lacing running through the front of the pads. Wouldn't say the gap on mine is as pronounced as an inch though.

I think on the G-netik 4's they've ditched this as theres not as much ask for dead rebounds on pads anymore. 

No pics, sorry. It's like the front material is floating and not skin tight to the inner pad. If you are familiar with the 1x's 2x's or 2s that outer material is skin tight on the front. The material on these Gnetik 3's is loose and not sure if that is a defect or because it is a hybrid pad it is meant to float a touch for flex. Hope this makes more sense. Only on the front. Sidewalls are skin tight, slide area skin tight, only the front face material. Any insight on these pads or any other is helpful. Just don't want to purchase a set of pads that are already falling apart.

26 minutes ago, raucebyalien said:

I believe this is a design feature to some extent

On my G-netik 2's you can push on the jenpro on the shin and definitely feel an air gap before you hit the solid core foam of the pad's main structure.  From what I recall, as a hybrid line they were made like this to keep the rebounds close, and come from there being no lacing running through the front of the pads. Wouldn't say the gap on mine is as pronounced as an inch though.

I think on the G-netik 4's they've ditched this as theres not as much ask for dead rebounds on pads anymore. 

Ok, that is exactly what these are doing and the actual buyer set these up with a 4-4-4 and two breaks so maybe more pronounced then yours because of how flexible these are. With your set did you find the rebounds to be completely dead and if so did you like the feel of looking down and seeing the puck? I am using G3's and although the face is soft my rebounds kick out pretty decent. Not sure how I'll adjust to pucks just sitting there in front of me. Thanks for posting, really appreciate it. Thought I was crazy for a moment.

31 minutes ago, MESS said:

Ok, that is exactly what these are doing and the actual buyer set these up with a 4-4-4 and two breaks so maybe more pronounced then yours because of how flexible these are. With your set did you find the rebounds to be completely dead and if so did you like the feel of looking down and seeing the puck? I am using G3's and although the face is soft my rebounds kick out pretty decent. Not sure how I'll adjust to pucks just sitting there in front of me. Thanks for posting, really appreciate it. Thought I was crazy for a moment.

Been using gnetik 3 for like a year or so pretty heavy use and the rebounds are pretty damn soft. I may have been flexing my pads more than I should though, they are stock 2-5-5 flex and they are easily one of the softest pads I’ve ever flexed 

1 hour ago, Jonathon v said:

Been using gnetik 3 for like a year or so pretty heavy use and the rebounds are pretty damn soft. I may have been flexing my pads more than I should though, they are stock 2-5-5 flex and they are easily one of the softest pads I’ve ever flexed 

So, you wouldn't recommend? Or, live with the soft rebounds because everything else with the pad is great? Compared to others you've used how do you like the sliding ability of the pad?

54 minutes ago, MESS said:

So, you wouldn't recommend? Or, live with the soft rebounds because everything else with the pad is great? Compared to others you've used how do you like the sliding ability of the pad?

If you want fast rebounds don’t get these I promise they soften up too fast and rebounds  will come out pretty slow. Sliding is pretty good, besides the binging on the sliding surface.

Archived