Concerned about buying optik 2

VegasMsft

Looking to buy a set of Brian’s optik 2s in max core. Currently I am in an older set of custom Brian’s subzeros in a 34+1.5. Problem is I am considering going down a size to 33s or maybe 32s but am unsure how the overall size difference and overall feel will be. My fear is spending $1,800 to be stuck with pads that don’t work for me. I am 5’7 and my atk is about 17. I wish I could try before I buy but monkeysports in Cali no longer does their pad rental program and I live in Vegas where there is no hockey store. Any advise? Should I bite the bullet and order 33+1 or order a custom set? Thanks in advance. 

7 hours ago, VegasMsft said:

How was the plus 2 from the sub zero to the plus 2 in the optik? Is it a noticeable difference? Does it feel too big? Could you have gotten away with just having the stock plus 1 or are you happy you got the plus 2?

This there a reason why you're not dealing directly with a retailer to answer all of your questions?

I know both Jay and Rance at the Goalie Crease are Uber Brian's dealers and Rance really took care of everything I asked.

Honestly never thought about it. The only store that is close to me is in Anaheim so I was hoping they would be able to help me out. Unfortunately it’s one of those cases where you end up knowing more about the product than they do and it also seemed like they didn’t know much about goalie gear in general. I really should look into dealing with the goalie crease. 

@Max27 I did get in contact with pure goalie and am about to send an email off to someone to try to get a demo set of optik 2s. Thank you for that advise. I really appreciate it. 

22 hours ago, VegasMsft said:

Honestly never thought about it. The only store that is close to me is in Anaheim so I was hoping they would be able to help me out. Unfortunately it’s one of those cases where you end up knowing more about the product than they do and it also seemed like they didn’t know much about goalie gear in general. I really should look into dealing with the goalie crease.

@Max27 I did get in contact with pure goalie and am about to send an email off to someone to try to get a demo set of optik 2s. Thank you for that advise. I really appreciate it. 

happy i could help, hope you can get your demo set 

On 1/11/2020 at 1:39 AM, VegasMsft said:

How was the plus 2 from the sub zero to the plus 2 in the optik? Is it a noticeable difference? Does it feel too big? Could you have gotten away with just having the stock plus 1 or are you happy you got the plus 2?

The Goalie Crease in Richmond Hill, ON will absolutely be able to fit you over the the phone. The exchange rate is your friend too 

@Max27 Got in contact with 'Wack' over at pure. He told me that they haven't yet received their demo sets yet but to contact him in a month and hopefully they will be in by then.

Thank you to everyone for their reply's. They helped me out a lot. @TheGoalNet I will be giving the goalie crease a call hopefully tomorrow and will post what they had to say.

3 hours ago, VegasMsft said:

@Max27 Got in contact with 'Wack' over at pure. He told me that they haven't yet received their demo sets yet but to contact him in a month and hopefully they will be in by then.

Thank you to everyone for their reply's. They helped me out a lot. @TheGoalNet I will be giving the goalie crease a call hopefully tomorrow and will post what they had to say.

Wack is great, he helped me decide which pads and which chestie i should get. Hell help you out with whatever you need

Archived