Favorite Glove T to use

Dero

4 hours ago, keeperton said:

The glove won't be smaller with a single t, I'm not sure where you're getting that thought. Do you mean the pocket volume being smaller? The anchor t will make it a little harder to close (per my personal experience and a couple of discussions with some Brian's reps). I love how anchor t pockets close and function, but I'm starting to like the double t a little more as I get more and more used to mine. I think it deadens the puck better, but that could just be confirmation bias. At the end of playing each game though, I don't think the t is really going to have that big of an effect on your success with the glove, the break preference should take precedence.

When it comes to the difference between the two gloves: The Optik glove is going to be more of a finger to hand/thumb flesh closure while the fingers are slightly curled. The GnetikIV is index and middle to tip of thumb (baseball glove closure) and is pancakey (flat fingers).

Remember this T? Wacky idea.

Well normally since the double t is a bit wider it will just create more of a naturally wider palm on the glove.

and for me personally I’ve never seen an anchor t In real life but from the tgn review vid it doesn’t really look that much smaller in the palm. Right now I use a gnetik 8.0 glove which tbh isn’t that bad it’s more of a 590 break angle in CCM terms. I always thought tho that the gnetik 4 is the 590 (mostly finger closure) while the optik 2 is more of the 600 break or baseball style. 
anyways, I also saw on the pure goalie review on the optik 2 that the reason the single t is so wide is to keep the same palm width that a standard double t would normally give u while keeping that pop feeling you get when a puck hits a single t.

i may be completely wrong on my info but yea that’s what I’ve heard about the gloves. personally, when I tried on the gnetik IV and Optik 2 gloves, both felt equally natural but it was a few hours apart from each other since I had to visit two retailers bc the first place only had the optik 2s. With that being said, I’d be pretty fine with either the 590 or 600 break and wouldn’t mind trying something new with that wide single t offered with the optik 2 glove. Then again I would also like to try an anchor t but I don’t want to buy the glove with an anchor t and ending up hating it when it shows up

On 1/12/2020 at 5:30 PM, keeperton said:

My brother almost got one, but thought better of it. His glove before it was also Vaughn's weird 5500 Y-shaped T, like seen here.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:01 PM, Chenner29 said:

That is a triple T. It’s basically a double T backed by a single 

I have the OG triple T on my current 5500.  Had the triple with cord on my first 5500 yeeeeeears ago.  My second 5500 had a single T with cord, my third 5500 had a single floating T with lace, and my current is the triple with lace.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:11 PM, Dero said:

Well normally since the double t is a bit wider it will just create more of a naturally wider palm on the glove.

and for me personally I’ve never seen an anchor t In real life but from the tgn review vid it doesn’t really look that much smaller in the palm. Right now I use a gnetik 8.0 glove which tbh isn’t that bad it’s more of a 590 break angle in CCM terms. I always thought tho that the gnetik 4 is the 590 (mostly finger closure) while the optik 2 is more of the 600 break or baseball style. 
anyways, I also saw on the pure goalie review on the optik 2 that the reason the single t is so wide is to keep the same palm width that a standard double t would normally give u while keeping that pop feeling you get when a puck hits a single t.

i may be completely wrong on my info but yea that’s what I’ve heard about the gloves. personally, when I tried on the gnetik IV and Optik 2 gloves, both felt equally natural but it was a few hours apart from each other since I had to visit two retailers bc the first place only had the optik 2s. With that being said, I’d be pretty fine with either the 590 or 600 break and wouldn’t mind trying something new with that wide single t offered with the optik 2 glove. Then again I would also like to try an anchor t but I don’t want to buy the glove with an anchor t and ending up hating it when it shows up

I know I am probably just splitting hairs here, as you probably just got your terms mixed up, but a T has no affect on the size of the palm of the glove.  It can affect the size of the pocket though.

Archived