Tim_TRUEHockey

TRUE Goalie Skates - 1 Piece vs. 2 Piece

1 hour ago, creasecollector said:

Old thread, but I thought I'd post these here. I'm glad I went with a two piece. I'm sure it's just a fluke, but still. Check out that crack in the toe.

Not my skates. Saw these on SideLine swap:

c7a86ed5720dd46c_original.jpeg

Looks like an original VH 1-piece model (see silver rivet on the toe) so these likely have some mileage. That said, they rubberized the toe piece on the gen 2 True model so maybe that was the reasoning for that design mod. I have gen 2 True model and the toe caps look great after a year of regular use.

like anything else, big X factor is always care. I wipe them down after every skate and hang dry without the insoles. So far no repairs needed.

6 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Looks like an original VH 1-piece model (see silver rivet on the toe) so these likely have some mileage. That said, they rubberized the toe piece on the gen 2 True model so maybe that was the reasoning for that design mod. I have gen 2 True model and the toe caps look great after a year of regular use.

like anything else, big X factor is always care. I wipe them down after every skate and hang dry without the insoles. So far no repairs needed.

Yeah, this was probably a one-off as all the one-PC toes of the True skates I've seen have looked in good shape. Just wanted to post because it was interested to see a skate cracked like that. 

Glad to see you take care of your skates so well. Definitely a piece of gear we can't ignore.

I have one piece skates and with as many skate saves as I make they’re holding up amazingly. The only issue with them that’s my fault is when replacing the blades I accidentally broke the glue or whatever is in the holder hold the blades in tighter so now there’s a little play but it’s not noticeable on ice at all. 

Has anyone put one of the replacement player 3mm blades into the True 2 piece holder?  There was some comments that it could be done but not sure if anyone has actually done it?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Mcnew 27
    Newest Member
    Mcnew 27

• By ckatunar
      For Sale:
      RBK 20K Pro Goal Skates - 11D
      -Used one season of NCAA Div 1 Hockey
      -Custom ordered through RBK rep while I was in college. Good condition, removable blades, lots of life left especially for a recreational player
      -Located in Victoria, BC, Canada. I have an extensive history of selling gear both locally and internationally through GGSU (Facebook), and will provide my real name so you can be assured the transaction is legitimate
      -Happy to Facetime to give you a personal video tour of the skates
      -Asking $225 CAD + Shipping if Necessary
      -These are also posted locally
      -Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] ****I do not regularly check this website. Please contact via e-mail. 

• By fullrighttendy70
      Hello Fellow TGN subscribers!
      Its time to upgrade from my Bauer Pros and I'm in a dilemma about what skate to buy. I've narrowed down my options to the Bauer 1S skates, Bauer 1X skates, and the VH two pieces with the 1S vertexx cowling. I'm going to try out the 1S and 1X skates today. I currently have 10.5 D Bauer pro skates. The problem I found with the Bauer pros is that the boot is too wide, and I have narrow feet. I feel that because of that I'm not getting the most out of my movements. That's why I'm reluctant to get the 1S or 1X skates because the boot may be too wide and I don't want to spend $750 for a skate that doesn't fit the way I'd like. But with the VH skates it would be completely custom to my foot and would fit perfectly. The only thing I'm weary of is the price and possibly growing out of them because I'm only 17, which is not that probable. I'm leaning towards the VH skates because of the fit and I've heard only good things about them. Bauer 1S and 1X skates look appealing too don't get me wrong. I would like to hear all your opinions on what you think!! 
      Thanks, David