Warrior R/F1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took a leap and upgraded my otny x1 elite to an otny 3xi eco.  I got discouraged about the lack of a cateye with warriors new mask - and the fact that it’s just a new mask. Between all that and not being able to see or try on the warrior, I just went with an upgraded version of what I know already.  Hope it was a good decision.

On 4/28/2020 at 4:36 PM, TheWall0211 said:

I love Canada.  Why would I hate it?

Cat Eye's are illegal to sell in Canada. Only way to acquire them is to import them from the states. 

I actually hate that I made the jump to cateye cages. I have three Baure straightbars sitting around doing nothing. 

On 5/4/2020 at 9:41 AM, Puckstopper said:

Cat-eye cages are really difficult to get in Canada.  They're much stricter about who's allowed to sell or wear them.

Any beer league goalie can wear a cat eyes in Montreal ... I never get any problem with my custom cage 

12 minutes ago, Yzueblin said:

Any beer league goalie can wear a cat eyes in Montreal ... I never get any problem with my custom cage 

Most beer leagues are fine with it but I have heard of some that don't allow it. \

Minor and JR leagues don't allow it. 

1 hour ago, motowngoalie said:

Just had a thought on this, does the NHL sponsorship fee for helmets include masks as well? Wondering about the possibility of this mask in the show next year.

It's a separate category. 

This is why "VAUGHN" has been left off the Pro's Choice buckets 

Here’s my dilemma...I have learned that the layup for the Sr.+ version of this mask is fiberglass reinforced with the Minimus Carbon 1000.   I’m in the market for a new mask to replace a Fusion 962, which is a tank, but is getting long in the tooth on many fronts.  I realize this mask may not be up to that protection standard, but play against middle of the road shooters and feel like reinforced fiberglass with good foam would be enough to suit my need.  Do I take the chance?

1 hour ago, sescaro said:

Here’s my dilemma...I have learned that the layup for the Sr.+ version of this mask is fiberglass reinforced with the Minimus Carbon 1000.   I’m in the market for a new mask to replace a Fusion 962, which is a tank, but is getting long in the tooth on many fronts.  I realize this mask may not be up to that protection standard, but play against middle of the road shooters and feel like reinforced fiberglass with good foam would be enough to suit my need.  Do I take the chance?

Fit is the most important thing.  You should be able to see them in person within a couple weeks.

11 hours ago, TheWall0211 said:

Fit is important, but it’s only one important thing.  I can put a comfy watermelon shell on my head, but that’s not a smart thing to wear when the pucks come in hot and high.

But that's not what we're talking about.  We're talking about a fiberglass/carbon fiber mask, meaning that the quality is probably decent.    My point was that rather than buying sight unseen, wait a couple weeks, visit the local store, get it in your paws and if you like what you see then try it on and compare it to the CCM 1.9 and Bauer NME IX that it competes with.  I suppose I should have phrased my statement as "when buying an off the rack mask, first determine the level of protection you need and the price you can handle.  After those guidelines are established, buy based on fit rather than brand."  Fair?

• 2 weeks later...

It is Warrior’s carbon fiber weave.  They have several different levels now, with weight being a differentiator (the higher the number, the lighter it is).  There’s a bit of a discussion on carbon fiber in masks earlier in this thread.  

Archived