R/M1 goal stick

cwarnar

Having a few CR3's myself, the flex on your CR2 looks comparable.  Now I really wanna try an M1 stick out.   The M1 stick looks great as well as the tape, but no one says you can't use white tape!  Either will work.  I just re-did my blade tapejob last night for my street hockey stick and tried out a black outline over a white tape job.  I liked it and think I would do white over black if I had your stick. 

25 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Warrior posted a pic of my sticks in Instagram over a month ago, right after all this fun stuff started.  Can't wait for my local store to reopen so these beauts can get delivered and I can see what they have to offer!

image.png.af605e9a66fb8576710ddf6dae5716d0.png

I got a picture of my G5 pads the other day. I’m waiting for them to be posed and shipped out. They’re still shipping with everything going on. I do t think that I’d care to pay for more expensive sticks or need to get 3 of them now. 

47 minutes ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Having a few CR3's myself, the flex on your CR2 looks comparable.  Now I really wanna try an M1 stick out.   The M1 stick looks great as well as the tape, but no one says you can't use white tape!  Either will work.  I just re-did my blade tapejob last night for my street hockey stick and tried out a black outline over a white tape job.  I liked it and think I would do white over black if I had your stick. 

Well between the pads and the stick there is no white so I don’t want to add it to the blade until I play with it. If it’s a problem I’ll retape it. 

1 minute ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Well now that I see the set, I would get some yellow tape.  Would accent nicely and you wouldn't possibly lose the puck when your eyes aren't right on the blade.  Can't wait to see the pads in a pic!

I might have gotten one off of A message on Instagram but I was told “Shhhhhh 😉”. They’ll be posting the picture soon I think. 

19 hours ago, Yzueblin said:

Can you tell us the weigh please ? 

It’s all taped up but my CR2 is 815g and the M1 SR+ is 826. I have a buttendz grip on the M1. 

I have seen on the stick weight page that a Buttendz grip is about 40g. I’m not sure if that included the tape on the paddle but let’s say 786g. 

the only thing I notice different about them so far is the flex on the stick. 

Edited by mikemc620

• 2 weeks later...

I got to use this on the ice for the first time today.  I putt a buttendz grip on it and i loved the way that it felt in my blocker.  The R/M1 Sr+ feels pretty good but really not much different than my CR2.  Shooting was very much the same for me and I didn't really notice the lower kick point.

I've never really been able to do much with a Turko grip, but I use a short 25" paddle.  The other goalie had a 26" 2s Pro that he just got and it was pretty nice.  I think that longer length is needed for me to properly switch grips.

• 1 month later...

Got to hold one of the Ritual M1 Senior sticks in my hand yesterday when I was buying new skates and oh man do I like the way it feels. Been a Bauer guy most of my playing time (love the flat paddle) but now that Warrior has the flat paddle I might have to check it out myself

On 5/9/2020 at 6:36 PM, Yzueblin said:

Can you tell us the weigh please ? 

Average of my M1 Pro+ sticks is 632 grams with a 26" paddle.  I've got 4-5 hours on the ice with them and have liked them so far.  They're definitely softer than the V1 Pro+, but not quite as flexible as the EF4.  Once I get some more time with them I'll go more in depth, but my initial impressions have been quite positive.

IMG_20200602_165753.jpg

IMG_20200602_165819.jpg

IMG_20200602_165832.jpg

IMG_20200602_165847.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Average of my M1 Pro+ sticks is 632 grams with a 26" paddle.  I've got 4-5 hours on the ice with them and have liked them so far.  They're definitely softer than the V1 Pro+, but not quite as flexible as the EF4.  Once I get some more time with them I'll go more in depth, but my initial impressions have been quite positive.

IMG_20200602_165753.jpg

IMG_20200602_165819.jpg

IMG_20200602_165832.jpg

IMG_20200602_165847.jpg

Which would you say you prefer?

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Which would you say you prefer?

Tough to say.  I've used the EF4 almost exclusively since I came back from a shoulder injury last October.  I definitely prefer the Bishop curve from Warrior over the CCM Crawford I ordered.  However, at the moment I'd say I prefer the flex of the CCM.  Regardless, I'm committing to the M1 for the summer to see how I adjust.

Edited by Puckstopper

On 7/6/2020 at 2:12 PM, Puckstopper said:

IMG_20200602_165753.jpg

IMG_20200602_165819.jpg

IMG_20200602_165832.jpg

IMG_20200602_165847.jpg

Oh boy those would look perrrrrrdy with my team's jerseys.  Those are a 26" and a Bishop curve?

• 1 year later...

Had an M1 Pro+ for about a month now and I adore this stick. It's light, snappy, and responsive.

I got one after I had a V1 Pro+ crack while under warranty, got it replaced with an M1 Pro+ and I prefer it (still like my V1 too though). I'm curious as to why this stick hasn't broken into the NHL the same way the CR1/V1/V2 did.

Edited by keeperton

18 hours ago, keeperton said:

Had an M1 Pro+ for about a month now and I adore this stick. It's light, snappy, and responsive.

I got one after I had a V1 Pro+ crack while under warranty, got it replaced with an M1 Pro+ and I prefer it (still like my V1 too though). I'm curious as to why this stick hasn't broken into the NHL the same way the CR1/V1/V2 did.

I picked up some David Rittich pro stock M1Pro+ and I like 'em... definitely more flex than I've had with the mix of Anton Forsberg V1 Pro+ pro stocks, retail 2S Pro, and Michael Gartieg Premier II. Now i just have to play the puck better to get use of the extra whip.