The "Official" Beer League Championship Thread

SaveByRichter35

13 hours ago, seagoal said:

We won our championship last night, beating the first place team in our division 5-3 after beating them 2 rounds ago 4-2. They wooped our asses all season long so it was awesome to get these wins in the playoffs.  

@SaveByRichter35 this entrance is for you, buddy. 

We got a sweet trophy plaque with a Kraken puck in it and a legit beer mug...and there is a bar upstairs, how convenient.  Epic night of drinking and good times celebrating our 2nd season as a team. 

20220418_221053.jpg

20220418_215629.jpg

Afraid of leaving your helmet by itself for more than two seconds? 😉

Congrats buddy. Pads look great. 

@SaveByRichter35 is it better for your team to win the championship without you? Or for them to fail miserably without you? 

My petty ass says the latter. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@SaveByRichter35 is it better for your team to win the championship without you? Or for them to fail miserably without you? 

I was happy they won, just sad I missed out on it.  We lost our first two as a team, one in some ungodly long shootout, and one in ot.  For them to get it with a fill in goalie, not even the other goalie on the team, irked me a little.  But I am glad for them that they got it.  I've won plenty with the Knights over the past few years.  This was a lot of these guys first time winning.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Hey, I remember you.  Thanks man.   Not sure why I didn't leave it behind, I mean, it is my favorite piece of gear and all :)  Don't want those dumb dumbs I play with kicking it on the floor of the bench.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I was happy they won, just sad I missed out on it.  We lost our first two as a team, one in some ungodly long shootout, and one in ot.  For them to get it with a fill in goalie, not even the other goalie on the team, irked me a little.  But I am glad for them that they got it.  I've won plenty with the Knights over the past few years.  This was a lot of these guys first time winning.

I hear ya. Knowing how fun it is to win it all and miss out sucks. 

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Hey, I remember you.  Thanks man.   Not sure why I didn't leave it behind, I mean, it is my favorite piece of gear and all :)  Don't want those dumb dumbs I play with kicking it on the floor of the bench.

It's amazing how absent I am when I'm away from work lol. 

I just had a chuckle since you made the effort to drag it around. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

guess this counts?

image.png.342b7dc37f32f3fc94789c9763103976.png

Congrats. When do we get to see your pretty face? 

23 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I hear ya. Knowing how fun it is to win it all and miss out sucks. 

It's amazing how absent I am when I'm away from work lol. 

I know that feeling.  The only time I am really active at all is when I am at work.  I pretty much never post from home.

Congrats. When do we get to see your pretty face? 

I've seen his face 

• 2 weeks later...

B6AE97D6-DD66-47C0-A4EF-11503CC8BA34.thumb.jpeg.a8d074a2c3f94a8a766405a38cbc9d7f.jpeg

We won the championship again last Sunday. The final was a highly contentious, penalty-filled, defensive battle. In the semifinal we were outplayed early, finally scoring late to tie and then took the lead for good. Also, my girlfriend’s team won her division’s championship, too. She plays defense. Happy household. Summer session starts this Sunday already. The team I’m on is a good group of guys. Likely will have a pool party at the captain’s house in a month or so. 
P.S. I’m hiding my hairline with my mask positioning. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ottawa puts on an Asian Heritage Classic every year. It's a very decent tournament that gets players from Toronto and Montreal to come as well as some from much further away.

I will say that I got carried hard in what is my first hockey tournament as a goalie, but nevertheless I had some saves that I'm really proud of and it was a magical experience. 

IMG_2744.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 9.58.51 AM.png

Edited by johncho
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So not me - but I promise you, many beers were consumed, thereby satisfying the “beer league” requirement implied by the thread title…

My son’s team that I coach rolled into Pierrefonds this weekend for a CAN/AM tournament, and went 3-0 on their way to knocking off home team Barons in an exciting 2-1 final. And as a huge bonus, my son scored the gold medal game winner! Tons of fun!

IMG_2801.jpeg

IMG_5654.jpeg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

So not me - but I promise you, many beers were consumed, thereby satisfying the “beer league” requirement implied by the thread title…

My son’s team that I coach rolled into Pierrefonds this weekend for a CAN/AM tournament, and went 3-0 on their way to knocking off home team Barons in an exciting 2-1 final. And as a huge bonus, my son scored the gold medal game winner! Tons of fun!

IMG_2801.jpeg

IMG_5654.jpeg

Can almost see your face.