G5 initial impressions, review (eventually) & GT2 Comparison

Puckstopper

This seems to be the sentiment from people I talk with about Warrior, either love em or hate em. Quite divisive brand with goalies it appears. I've been debating getting something from SS, but when I consider the price and shipping it isnt that big of a jump to get new. I love the idea of 2nd hand, but seems that a lot of gear is the pro level and has been beat up, and still the price of new non-pro gear, then add anywhere from $50-150 shipping. I dont quite get it. So ill likely just get new. $800 seems reasonable.

The leg pads seem to be solid, but anything unique with the Glove/Blocker that stands out? The blocker is crazy comfy, but I really liked how the Bauer 3x Glove fit, i'm trying to decide if i just go all in warrior and get over the glove or piece meal it.

Thoughts with those who have the glove and/or blocker?

3 minutes ago, ZamboniTony said:

The leg pads seem to be solid, but anything unique with the Glove/Blocker that stands out? The blocker is crazy comfy, but I really liked how the Bauer 3x Glove fit, i'm trying to decide if i just go all in warrior and get over the glove or piece meal it.

Thoughts with those who have the glove and/or blocker?

I love the blocker - got a G5 Sr+. solid rebounds, comfortable, and the adjustability is great. I have the G4 glove so I can't speak to G5s, but it's a total vacuum and also really comfy and easy to adjust to your hand. Some guys on here really prefer the sewn-in glove instead of the replaceable palm because it feels sturdier and more consistent though, and that's not offered with the G series at stock (GT though?)

Edited by indykrap

11 minutes ago, indykrap said:

I love the blocker - got a G5 Sr+. solid rebounds, comfortable, and the adjustability is great. I have the G4 glove so I can't speak to G5s, but it's a total vacuum and also really comfy and easy to adjust to your hand. Some guys on here really prefer the sewn-in glove instead of the replaceable palm because it feels sturdier and more consistent though, and that's not offered with the G series at stock (GT though?)

GT line has the sewn in liner and supposedly the G6 line will allow you to order that spec for custom gloves if you don't want the removable liner. 

I'd recommend the sewn in one. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 3