TheGoalNet

TGN Bauer Ultra Sonic

19 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

That will be available. I just order my sets without it.

Comes loose in the bag. I did not get the chance to put it on yet. I will be using it.

are you allowed to post pics of it or is that still classified info?

Seriously? The knee block strap is just held on by a piece of jenpro.  Youch.  

Is the amount of flex in the boots pretty similar even with the slightly different angle?

11 hours ago, Chester said:

Seriously? The knee block strap is just held on by a piece of jenpro.  Youch.  

The knee block itself is mounted directly to the core of the pad. This is a much different design than anyone has seen before. The role of the strap is much different here. 

10 hours ago, Telfo said:

Is the amount of flex in the boots pretty similar even with the slightly different angle?

Yes, US has a very soft boot 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, heyclaytay said:

I saw on the customizer there is a 3mm poron at the base of the palm, did you go with that?

I was trying to figure out what that is myself, I’m guessing it makes that beige poron section of the palm thicker?

Edited by Telfo

18 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

The knee block itself is mounted directly to the core of the pad.

Sorry for being ignorant, but why did they decide to do this? What advantage would one have by having the block integrated into the core and how would that make the feel of the pad any different? Is it that the foam and the block are one solid piece so the structural integrity of the foam shape is what keeps it close to the knee?

@TheGoalNet can you post of a comparison pic of the catch wrist strapping from 2X to US? 2X runs heavily through the cuff and I'm wondering if the US is more independent... allowing for more wrist mobility.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the built in knee block over time as the internal foams break down. 

With the knee blocks that rely on Velcro or binding to hold them secure they can be adjusted/ tightened over time to make up for the foams breaking down and usually if needed the foams can be replaced.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

@TheGoalNet can you post of a comparison pic of the catch wrist strapping from 2X to US? 2X runs heavily through the cuff and I'm wondering if the US is more independent... allowing for more wrist mobility.

It's the same concept.

17 hours ago, Ross said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with the built in knee block over time as the internal foams break down. 

With the knee blocks that rely on Velcro or binding to hold them secure they can be adjusted/ tightened over time to make up for the foams breaking down and usually if needed the foams can be replaced.

These pads also have a professor strap. I think that is a key to minimizing the need of the elastic knee block strap. Unfortunately, I won't be on the ice anytime soon with the pandemic

Is the Tune Fit Connect strap just on the pro custom pads? I have Ordering a set but just normal custom. I hope the strap is still on my pads.

14 hours ago, Vogilny#25 said:

Is the Tune Fit Connect strap just on the pro custom pads? I have Ordering a set but just normal custom. I hope the strap is still on my pads.

Yes, Tune Fit Connect is stock on every UltraSonic Pad.

• Thanks 1

@TheGoalNet Any chance you could play us a clip of installation of the TuneFit Connect strap on the pads and also connecting it when you’re wearing it?  

@TheGoalNet I was wondering if you could post some comparison shots of the blockers, please?  I see above someone asked about boot flex.  Were you saying the softness was about the same as the 2x? Thanks.

32 minutes ago, AnthonyC said:

@TheGoalNet I was wondering if you could post some comparison shots of the blockers, please?  I see above someone asked about boot flex.  Were you saying the softness was about the same as the 2x? Thanks.

Doesn't help your blocker compare question... but check out the My Bauer catalog that is posed on the right hand side of the Forums tab (linked it below as well.) It does a great job of walking through the options and comparing the blurred lines between stock Vapor spec and Stock Supreme spec...

Thank you @BadAngle41, I have seen the catalog but I appreciate your help.  I actually forgot about TGN instagram feed and he had the pics there.  Would still love a flex comparison, though.  Kind of stumped on what flex to get as I like the 2X quite a bit but would be willing to go with the 125 degree boot if its just as soft as it would sit higher and I could drop from a L to M.

Does anyone have the specs or info for a stock Senior and Intermediate size Ultra sonic coming?

14 hours ago, AnthonyC said:

Thank you @BadAngle41, I have seen the catalog but I appreciate your help.  I actually forgot about TGN instagram feed and he had the pics there.  Would still love a flex comparison, though.  Kind of stumped on what flex to get as I like the 2X quite a bit but would be willing to go with the 125 degree boot if its just as soft as it would sit higher and I could drop from a L to M.

I'm sorta with you... i sold my 2X Pro and am on the hunt for my next set of gear. Lots of options out there for sure. I think if I go with UltraSonic I'd choose the flatter 2X boot. If you're a deep croucher at times like myself... and liked the Vapor boot I'd stick with it IMO.

In terms of thigh... from what I know on the Pro Custom Order Sheet... Supreme Stock flex is 3 and Vapor Stock flex is 2 on the scales shown in the catalog...

image.thumb.png.07a1ecd23ef83357414320c6a5496e31.png

On 3/30/2020 at 12:12 PM, heyclaytay said:

I saw on the customizer there is a 3mm poron at the base of the palm, did you go with that?

Glove is very stock. When I place my Bauer orders, it's well before the customerizer is live. So there's some options I don't know about and my graphic is always a guess.

17 hours ago, AnthonyC said:

The boot flex to me is very similar. The shape and stiffness of the thigh rise is different. The shape of the boot is also different.

Here's the blocker: