TGN Bauer Ultra Sonic

TheGoalNet

8 hours ago, AnthonyC said:

Thanks to all.  I think my decision is do I want to go with a 100 degree boot in large or 125 in M.  I like smaller pads so I am debating even though the 2X pro worked very well for me.

I just ordered a pro custom set a week ago that is mostly 2x build with a ultrasonic graphic. I would definitely recommend a 100 degree vapor soft style boot. If you want the pad to sit high the best way to do that is by not using a boot strap and putting tightness at the top of the calf while leaving the bottom somewhat loose. Dropping the knee strap down to the calf also works wonders. I also got a leather strap at the top of the calf and the professor strap to help with keeping the pad up on my leg.

On 3/30/2020 at 1:13 PM, Telfo said:

I was trying to figure out what that is myself, I’m guessing it makes that beige poron section of the palm thicker?

I ordered a pro custom set a week ago and my rep told me to go with a pro palm or the poron 3mm padding. He said both would be too much and he suggested one or the other. I ended up going with a pro palm. I needed to go with one or the other as I only have one glove and my team plays 60 games a year, 5 practices a week at the highest U15 level. If I was getting two gloves he said the normal palm for a gamer would be fine. It all just depends what level you play and the amount of times you skate.

• 1 year later...

Hoping to revive this topic, but looking for some feedback on the calf/upper/TFC/professor strap or whatever silly name it's been given. Has anyone: (1) purchased a set of US, (2) installed the strap, and (3) had issues with the strap coming undone while playing? I just got my set 2 weeks ago and without fail the calf/upper/TFC/professor strap has come undone on the attachment point in each of the four skates I've used them. My solution was to run some tape around the connection point, but unsure if anyone (a) else has a different solution or (b) knows if the mount on the Hyperlite is different/same, and if so, whether the strap will be available with the new mount at retail?

11 minutes ago, BCZ said:

Hoping to revive this topic, but looking for some feedback on the calf/upper/TFC/professor strap or whatever silly name it's been given. Has anyone:

(1) purchased a set of US,

(2) installed the strap, and

(3) had issues with the strap coming undone while playing?

I just got my set 2 weeks ago and without fail the calf/upper/TFC/professor strap has come undone on the attachment point in each of the four skates I've used them. My solution was to run some tape around the connection point, but unsure if anyone (a) else has a different solution or (b) knows if the mount on the Hyperlite is different/same, and if so, whether the strap will be available with the new mount at retail?

So you're having issues with the velcro coming undone at the connection points as circled below?USTuneFit.thumb.png.51aed40af75614badebda6d2932c83ad.png

I've used the pads with the professor strap a handful of times, but never had issues with it coming undone at the connection points. I've had issues with the strap loosening up over time or being too tight as to hinder rotation.

The mount is the same for Hyperlite but I believe they tweaked the strap itself... don't quote me on that.

1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

So you're having issues with the velcro coming undone at the connection points as circled below?USTuneFit.thumb.png.51aed40af75614badebda6d2932c83ad.png

I've used the pads with the professor strap a handful of times, but never had issues with it coming undone at the connection points. I've had issues with the strap loosening up over time or being too tight as to hinder rotation.

The mount is the same for Hyperlite but I believe they tweaked the strap itself... don't quote me on that.

The Hyperlite strap is better and I went to my local shop and they ordered one for me as a replacement. The Ultrasonic design wasn't terrible but I think it needed refinement as this was Bauer's first retail attempt at the professor strap.

• 6 months later...
On 5/14/2020 at 11:20 PM, Max27 said:

as far as the glove goes, how close to a 600 is it? hear its a significantly different glove compared to 2s and honestly the supreme gloves all look closer to 580s to me than 600s.

Supreme is closer to 600, that's what you want if you are going Bauer and like that break

On 5/27/2021 at 11:37 AM, BCZ said:

Hoping to revive this topic, but looking for some feedback on the calf/upper/TFC/professor strap or whatever silly name it's been given. Has anyone: (1) purchased a set of US, (2) installed the strap, and (3) had issues with the strap coming undone while playing? I just got my set 2 weeks ago and without fail the calf/upper/TFC/professor strap has come undone on the attachment point in each of the four skates I've used them. My solution was to run some tape around the connection point, but unsure if anyone (a) else has a different solution or (b) knows if the mount on the Hyperlite is different/same, and if so, whether the strap will be available with the new mount at retail?

US prof strap is a bit of a fail, I switched to a Kenesky and put some tape around the Velcro to ensure it holds up. No issues since.

HL prof strap has been fine. No issues with it.

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

US prof strap is a bit of a fail, I switched to a Kenesky and put some tape around the Velcro to ensure it holds up. No issues since.

HL prof strap has been fine. No issues with it.

I ended up using the CRS bootstrap and and it’s worked well enough. Considering a switch to the Hyperlite if I can find it. 

F30D6AC1-944D-4AC8-9592-6EBF349DF620.jpeg