Coronavirus - What are you doing to pass the time during lock down?

JerseyBo

One silver lining for me in all this is that we got a new puppy a month go so I am getting to spend a LOT of time playing, training, and hanging out with him. Puppies need so. much. time. and I have a lot of that right now.  I'm technically working from home but doing my job is tough from home so really I'm putting in like 3 hours a day of solid work and just goofing off the rest of the time while remaining online during normal work hours to look, well, like I'm working.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, seagoal said:

One silver lining for me in all this is that we got a new puppy a month go so I am getting to spend a LOT of time playing, training, and hanging out with him. Puppies need so. much. time. and I have a lot of that right now.  I'm technically working from home but doing my job is tough from home so really I'm putting in like 3 hours a day of solid work and just goofing off the rest of the time while remaining online during normal work hours to look, well, like I'm working.

Pics or it didn’t happen. 

More of a COVID-19 coincidence... but the True Design (yes i know they don't use that term any more) 2X Pros are gone. As much as I liked this the 2X Pro... and I really did... leg pads and blocker are fantastic... I just couldn't get used to the break angle on the glove. It actually performed well... but because the closure wasn't a natural motion for me I ended up using it more as a second blocker. Tried to sell the gloves alone... but because they are custom... the audience willing to pay for them was very limited... so I ended up selling the whole set. 

image.png.8353e0690e0f7e723a6a20737145178a.png

Great timing too... LOADS of lock down time to pour over specs and new customizers coming out. Lots up in the air... but one thing is for sure... 580(ish) or nothing.

Current radar includes:

Levebvre - L87 out of pure nostalgia and feel

Lefebvre - L20 for new fangled performance

CCM Axis

Bauer Ultra Sonic

2 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

More of a COVID-19 coincidence... but the True Design (yes i know they don't use that term any more) 2X Pros are gone. As much as I liked this the 2X Pro... and I really did... leg pads and blocker are fantastic... I just couldn't get used to the break angle on the glove. It actually performed well... but because the closure wasn't a natural motion for me I ended up using it more as a second blocker. Tried to sell the gloves alone... but because they are custom... the audience willing to pay for them was very limited... so I ended up selling the whole set. 

image.png.8353e0690e0f7e723a6a20737145178a.png

Great timing too... LOADS of lock down time to pour over specs and new customizers coming out. Lots up in the air... but one thing is for sure... 580(ish) or nothing.

Current radar includes:

CCM Axis

Bauer Ultra Sonic

Sorry to hear about your Bauer's. Beautiful set! 

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Husky is my dream dog 

Mine too since I was 10 years old.  I named my husky Link when I was a kid and I waited until I was 31 to get him. I consider that the most romantic thing I've ever done.

They are amazing dogs.  Very unique breed,  for sure. 2 is better than 1 :)

5 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Current radar includes:

CCM Axis

Bauer Ultra Sonic

I've emphasized your only real answer.

Aw haw haw

56 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Mine too since I was 10 years old.  I named my husky Link when I was a kid and I waited until I was 31 to get him. I consider that the most romantic thing I've ever done.

They are amazing dogs.  Very unique breed,  for sure. 2 is better than 1 :)

Very energetic dogs, need a lot of stimulation and attention. Comes with being a high-energy working breed.

On 3/22/2020 at 5:50 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

I logged in just to give this a like, brother. Well done!

Thank you sir!

On 3/22/2020 at 5:49 PM, creasecollector said:

This guy knows how to enjoy his time alone.

That I do.  Unfortunately I'm in telecommunications, and therefore essential so I'm not getting time off.  Still, you've got to savor the little things!

@seagoal has me beat hands down though.  That pooch is absolutely adorable!

11 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I've emphasized your only real answer.

Aw haw haw

HA... I'm using this time off the ice to reflect on what type of pad I actually like using more... traditional softer pad... or new super stiff. If I go the latter there will be stiff competition (pun intended) between L20.1, Axis, and UltraSonic. 😬

I'm lucky enough to still be working and my wife, a teacher, will be working from home in some fashion starting next week I think.  So thankfully we are still getting our income.  I still have a bunch of FMLA/NYPFL time left from my daughters birth last year that I have to use before her first birthday on 4/8.  I will be taking off the rest of this week and next week and then I start a week of vacation after that so I will be spending lots of time at home as well.  We've been doing everything we can to keep my almost 3 year old son and almost 1 year old daughter active and occupied.  Games, playing outside when the weather permits, arts and crafts, etc.  

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm lucky enough to still be working and my wife, a teacher, will be working from home in some fashion starting next week I think.  So thankfully we are still getting our income.  I still have a bunch of FMLA/NYPFL time left from my daughters birth last year that I have to use before her first birthday on 4/8.  I will be taking off the rest of this week and next week and then I start a week of vacation after that so I will be spending lots of time at home as well.  We've been doing everything we can to keep my almost 3 year old son and almost 1 year old daughter active and occupied.  Games, playing outside when the weather permits, arts and crafts, etc.  

Happy to hear you and yours are managing, all things considered. Was just reading about how hard NY state is hit with this.

My wife had some pretty cool live stream (video also available afterward) from Cincinnati zoo on for the kids the other day. I watched one with them, and it’s really great stuff - and the kids (6 & 8 ) loved them all! 

http://cincinnatizoo.org/home-safari-resources/

Another key to survival has been the fact that my local craft brewery delivers! 😁🍻 so I can continue to support small business 

14 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

Very energetic dogs, need a lot of stimulation and attention. Comes with being a high-energy working breed.

Yes, very much so.  They are full of mischief and curiosity, very social and friendly, and they want to help with everything. They also get bored very easily and aren't dogs who are going to chase a ball over and over and over and over again like a lot of dogs.

My older one will chase a ball if you throw it, but once he gets to it and it stops moving he's like MEH, boring.  The best thing ever for him though is finding a random tennis ball out on our daily long walks in the morning and then proudly carrying it home.  He feels so fulfilled when that happens.

Archived