Coronavirus - What are you doing to pass the time during lock down?

JerseyBo

@TheGoalNet, hey, I am assuming you’re an admin. If not who can I make this request to? 
I would like this thread shut down for now. It has become completely derailed by negativity and opinion on the  current status of the world. That’s for FB not this thread. 
I did fire off a warning that if it didn’t stop I would ask for this. 
thanks, it was fun while it lasted. 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JerseyBo said:

@TheGoalNet, hey, I am assuming you’re an admin. If not who can I make this request to? 
I would like this thread shut down for now. It has become completely derailed by negativity and opinion on the  current status of the world. That’s for FB not this thread. 

Well aren't you just no fun. 

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

For sure, it's just internet arguing. It's not like any of this matters.

Sorry, ..what?? We are discussing the the future of the whole of mankind, and you say none of this matters?! When the world is decimated by viruses and the human race is eradicated, aliens will land here, turn on their primitive wifi devices, open up TGN, read this page and be like "you see, esto was right, if they only followed Sweden's herd-immunity strategy, they would all still be alive today. What a wise human. And why is ThatCarGuy so freaking white? If only he went in the sun instead of drinking bleach all day, he also might be alive."

57 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

Lockdowns have saved lives. Are saving lives. They are not pointless, and everyone should to their best to abide by the measures and protocols advised by the medical community on how to deal with this pandemic.

People who are at risk should definitely be extra cautious, but the bulk of the population is on the way to getting COVID, it's inevitable, if about 1-in-4 New Yorkers already have it, it's kind of hard to avoid it there, people have to buy food, essential people have to work, lockdown can't last forever, 2nd and 3rd waves will most likely come, etc. You can't lock everyone in their homes for the next 2 years... in lieu of a miraculous vaccine emerging in the next few weeks, herd immunity is probably the only endgame, lockdown will probably only delay it.

48 minutes ago, JerseyBo said:

Hi, welcome, you must be new to the internet.

2 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

Sorry, ..what?? We are discussing the the future of the whole of mankind, and you say none of this matters?! When the world is decimated by viruses and the human race is eradicated, aliens will land here, turn on their primitive wifi devices, open up TGN, read this page and be like "you see, esto was right, if they only followed Sweden's herd-immunity strategy, they would all still be alive today. What a wise human. And why is ThatCarGuy so freaking white? If only he went in the sun instead of drinking bleach all day, he also might be alive.".

Man, and here I thought I was full of myself. :rofl:

1 hour ago, estogoalie said:

People who are at risk should definitely be extra cautious, but the bulk of the population is on the way to getting COVID, it's inevitable, if about 1-in-4 New Yorkers already have it, it's kind of hard to avoid it there, people have to buy food, essential people have to work, lockdown can't last forever, 2nd and 3rd waves will most likely come, etc. You can't lock everyone in their homes for the next 2 years... in lieu of a miraculous vaccine emerging in the next few weeks, herd immunity is probably the only endgame, lockdown will probably only delay it.

The bulk of the population was always on its way to contracting coronavirus at some point. The goal of lockdowns and stay-at-home orders are, first and foremost, to ensure that the healthcare system doesn't get overwhelmed. (and it's estimated that one in five residents of New York City have contracted coronavirus at some point. Those numbers are from your own source, by the way,)

Nobody is talking about locking people in their homes for the next two years. But abandoning lockdowns and stay-at-home order, a la Sweden, would result, at a minimum, in hundreds of thousands more Americans dying from COVID-19 than models currently predict. Which isn't even counting the knock-on deaths that result from an overwhelmed healthcare system.

Meanwhile back in Sweden...

A third of "healthy" nursing home residents tested positive for covid-19

https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/7459493

...and in India, deaths in general are down 21% compared to last year in Mumbai...in part to less road accidents and murder due to the lockdown...I stand corrected, lockdown does save lives, if people are sitting home instead of out driving they are indeed safer :)

Central Mumbai, home to some 12 million people, saw the number of deaths fall by about 21% in March compared with the same month of 2019, according to municipal data.

“If we’re not seeing an increase in deaths, the suspicion that there may be more COVID-19 fatalities out there is not true,” said Giridhar Babu, professor of epidemiology at the Public Health Foundation of India.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-india-casualties/mortality-rates-drop-sharply-in-parts-of-india-bucking-coronavirus-trend-idUSKCN2260WM

On 4/24/2020 at 2:20 PM, JerseyBo said:

I'm going to say its ok to talk about COVID-19 topics other than what you're doing at home.  Not everyone here is friends on facebook.  This is a place for conversation so converse with each other.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/opinion/coronavirus-sweden-herd-immunity.html

''

The American people are far less healthy than Swedes. They have significantly higher rates of diabetes and hypertension, two of the most-risky underlying conditions. Four out of every 10 Americans are obese. A herd immunity strategy in America would mean that many of these people would be on some form of lockdown for many more weeks, most likely months.,,

other than that, do you have any god offseason drills for better butterfly?

3 hours ago, pennan said:

The American people are far less healthy than Swedes. They have significantly higher rates of diabetes and hypertension, two of the most-risky underlying conditions. Four out of every 10 Americans are obese. A herd immunity strategy in America would mean that many of these people would be on some form of lockdown for many more weeks, most likely months.,

We all know them yanks are fatty's. It's why our border control contrives of just a narrow walkway. 

Keeps out most of 'em. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 8:12 PM, southpawtendy48 said:

idk the two other games so i’d be on board for the twd mask.

I finally got around to finishing TWD: The Final Season, decided how I want to get my next mask painted, and made a quick mock-up.

Mask2Draft2.png

So this is pretty exciting. On a whim my 5 y/o sent a letter and a card to the Great One back in March, right after this whole thing started. It took about a week to format and write the letter which kept him more than occupied.

We got it back today, 2 autos on the card and one on the letter as well. He's absolutely stoked. Definitely a great way to start another week with no school, etc.

IMG_20200518_162922663.jpg

52 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

So this is pretty exciting. On a whim my 5 y/o sent a letter and a card to the Great One back in March, right after this whole thing started. It took about a week to format and write the letter which kept him more than occupied.

We got it back today, 2 autos on the card and one on the letter as well. He's absolutely stoked. Definitely a great way to start another week with no school, etc.

Wow, now that's beyond awesome!

21 hours ago, motowngoalie said:

That is fucking beautiful.  Such a cute letter and an even more adorable kid!!!

Archived