Coronavirus - What are you doing to pass the time during lock down?

JerseyBo

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That is fucking beautiful.  Such a cute letter and an even more adorable kid!!!

Gretzky has got to be one of the best ambassadors of any game ever played.  I don't think a single bad piece of press has ever come out about him.

Compare that to Michael Jordan, who's recently come back into the spotlight with the Last Dance documentary (probably gonna start that this weekend, got caught up with "Dirty Money" on Netflix...also worth a watch) - compulsive gambler, shitty with fans, etc.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/19/2020 at 2:43 AM, motowngoalie said:

So this is pretty exciting. On a whim my 5 y/o sent a letter and a card to the Great One back in March, right after this whole thing started. It took about a week to format and write the letter which kept him more than occupied.

We got it back today, 2 autos on the card and one on the letter as well. He's absolutely stoked. Definitely a great way to start another week with no school, etc.

IMG_20200518_162922663.jpg

I love shit like that, because it's fking authentic. Just quietly signing a card for a kid and sending it back. Not making a big deal about it. Not all the "look at me" crap and smearing it all over Twitter. Just doing it. So many athletes just do nice stuff when the camera is on. I hate when players hand out sticks to fans, it's so staged. Make sure the camera is on or make sure the fan is recording with his camera, ok, now hand the stick and smile, make sure the fan has an "OMG" expression...it's so clearly a phony  PR stunt...🙄 But doing things quitely behind the scenes when the cameras are off, that's fking real man 🤘

On 5/19/2020 at 10:53 PM, Chenner29 said:

Gretzky has got to be one of the best ambassadors of any game ever played.  I don't think a single bad piece of press has ever come out about him.

Compare that to Michael Jordan, who's recently come back into the spotlight with the Last Dance documentary (probably gonna start that this weekend, got caught up with "Dirty Money" on Netflix...also worth a watch) - compulsive gambler, shitty with fans, etc.

I agree. 

And I just finished The Last Dance. Really good doc for any sports fans out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived