Jump to content

Warrior Ritual X2 Senior Pants VS X2 Pro Senior


Recommended Posts

For you guys who have these how have they held up? Getting some New pants and my current ones have been great and held up for 8/10 years but want to try something new. I’m currently in 996 Simmons pants and have minor fraying and one suspender button break on me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine are on order and I don't have them yet, but I'm getting the pro model for durability since they have beefed up (looks like jenpro) areas.  In previous reviews on here (I think) and used models for sale, I have seen the X1's have some fraying issues.

Edited by dreadlocked1
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving these pants so far after switching a few months (and maybe about 10 skates) ago. Feels incredibly mobile, and the internal belt is fantastic to get them sitting where I want consistently. One complaint is the suspender buttons are a bit cheap, and I've had a couple (on the back loop) pop on me. Bought some from a clothes repair shop for about 5 bucks (for a big pack) and those have held up perfectly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Mine are on order and I don't have them yet, but I'm getting the pro model for durability since they have beefed up (looks like jenpro) areas.  In previous reviews on here (I think) and used models for sale, I have seen the X1's have some fraying issues.

I have Ritual X Pro (I think that's the first model) for 5 or 6 years now and the fraying in green area is not a big deal. I got some but it's minimal and bindings are still fine. My biggest issue was red area - I don't tuck my C/A so there's a lot friction there and mesh material didn't hold up. I had to cover whole "belly thing" with new piece of material. 

Other than that pants are great. Definitely would go for PRO verison. Just better quality in materials.

image.png.9a53d6b4906820d5ffe6026614db286c.png

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my X2 Pro Senior small pants.  The rear left suspender button popped off with almost no pressure applied, so that was disappointing.  I dont wear suspenders anyway, so I may have to figure out how to get the rest of it out because it left a sharp point. 

Happy so far other than that in terms of build quality.  Very beefy compared to what I'm used to. 

Has anyone removed the internal belt?  If you take it out completely, the attaching front straps just hang there?  Or do you put the belt back in without the pad?  Kind of defeats the purpose, but it's still looser.  If the belt is left in, do you run it in front of or behind the rear pad?

Gonna keep wearing them around the house to break them in until we can get back on the ice.
20200427_223141.thumb.jpg.ae05dd51606e0a8013e79b675169a821.jpg

20200427_223206.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2020 at 1:48 AM, Nohtaram said:

I have Ritual X Pro (I think that's the first model) for 5 or 6 years now and the fraying in green area is not a big deal. I got some but it's minimal and bindings are still fine. My biggest issue was red area - I don't tuck my C/A so there's a lot friction there and mesh material didn't hold up. I had to cover whole "belly thing" with new piece of material. 

Other than that pants are great. Definitely would go for PRO verison. Just better quality in materials.

image.png.9a53d6b4906820d5ffe6026614db286c.png

put shoe goo on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@DL42 where? On the red area? I replace cover material something new and should be ok for next couple seasons. Originaly it was mesh like material so it wasn't design to last. Newer version got different cover there (at least what I can see in the pictures)  so I think it should be more durable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
On 4/28/2020 at 11:24 PM, dreadlocked1 said:

I got my X2 Pro Senior small pants.  The rear left suspender button popped off with almost no pressure applied, so that was disappointing.  I dont wear suspenders anyway, so I may have to figure out how to get the rest of it out because it left a sharp point. 

Happy so far other than that in terms of build quality.  Very beefy compared to what I'm used to. 

Has anyone removed the internal belt?  If you take it out completely, the attaching front straps just hang there?  Or do you put the belt back in without the pad?  Kind of defeats the purpose, but it's still looser.  If the belt is left in, do you run it in front of or behind the rear pad?

Gonna keep wearing them around the house to break them in until we can get back on the ice.
20200427_223141.thumb.jpg.ae05dd51606e0a8013e79b675169a821.jpg

20200427_223206.jpg

I got the ritual x pro. Took out the belt best move ever ofcourse im a fatass

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been in X pro XL since december. Now I'm in warranty process as the inner belt is giving trouble. (Topic at Warrior) I'm kind of hoping to get replaced with new pants that would be X2 pro for availability. 

I tried the L size at the shop and it felt just the same as X pro except size smaller. Though it kind of felt more snug but that might be more of a break in result than any actual difference between X and X2. For the right size for me, if I get the new pants in I'll go for L, XL is just that much too long for me. I'm 180cm/70kg. 

Other than the inner belt I'm very happy with my X pros and would be delighted to get X2 pros.

Edited by ArdeFIN
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some experience over X pro vs X2 pro written to the topic in Warrior area. For a thin person like me it's all the same in sizing, but X2 in feeling a little more snug, more than I'd say from changing X-large to large. So if you know your size in Ritual X pants, getting them in X2 will result in happiness. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...