Sign in to follow this  
BCZ

Step Steel 4mm/Bauer Vertexx Edge

Posted (edited)

Anyone have any issues getting their 4mm Step Steel into their Bauer Vertexx Edge holder? I have S27s (size 7 w/ 3mm steel) and bought some 4mm Step Steel. I can't get the new steel to snap into place. I'd run it to my local shop for them to do it, but everyone in CA is closed. Insights appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by SaveByRichter35

Pretty sure the holder is designed for 3mm steel.  It isn't going to work correctly with 4mm steel unless you have the version that Step machines the top of the blade to 3mm.

Yeah - I bought 3 sets when my son got his 2S Pro skates and 2 of the 3 sets where really tough to get into the holder.  So I contacted Step and they told me to return them for new sets went back to the store where i bought them and got the blades exchanged but the issue did not disappear.

So I used a very fine sand paper (the type used wet) and gave each side of the blades a few passes on each side at a time. Problem resolved !

Just as an FYI - before going thru the procedure above i bought a tool at a large hardware tool to measure the width of the section that goes into the holder and they where all within spec ??  I dont know what to say but my 2 cents is that the sanding helps out with the finish allowing it to better fit !

Hope this helps - i bought 3 more sets since Step is no longer making these blades.

Just relax and buff them a bit on each side - good luck!

FYI the section of the blades that go into the holder are 3MM thick - the blades where called Fat Blades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Nakka30
    Newest Member
    Nakka30

• By Adam Cooper
      I picked these blades up a couple months ago as I found the durability of my stock LS 1G blades were really poor. 
      After using these for 12 straight games with no sharpening I’m thrilled with the performance, edge retention, and durability. Check out my detailed video review for more.
    • By Adam Cooper
      I’m pumped to try out these brand new Bauer Vertexx LS 5G Carbon Blades. Thanks to the guys at Dukes Sports for the recommendation. I expect to get these on the ice next week. I’m told they hold their edge longer, look really cool and you can’t use a stone on them. 

• By Sebastianistall
      Just got back into playing goalie again after a 5 year break because of a leg surgery that took me out of the game heading into my freshman year of college. It's been a fun handful of months back, and now all I can think about is gear I used to see nonstop when I was way younger. One line specifically I can't let go is the old Nike Bauer Supreme line, probably going on 10 years old at this point.
      Wasn't crazy about the catch, but loved the blocker and especially the legs. Do any of y'all have any experiences/stories/pictures??
      also, longshot, but if anyone by some chance has a set of the legs ranging anywhere from 28+1 to 31+1 laying around (one55, one75, or one95, I really don't care) that they'd sell me that'd put me over the moon. Nothing I've ever put on felt as good as those did to me.