Jump to content
Griff1604

Best cup out there?

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

In the market for a new cup. Obviously want the most protective one out there. Heard good things about brown. Anyone got any other recommendations? Thanks, appreciate it in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Been using a Bauer  supreme pro double cup for a long time and has held up well and thankfully never felt anything. I want to make sure I’m protected so I wear a normal cup in my compression pants a long with the pro jock. 
 

got it 7/8 years ago and still looks new and think they still make them. For the most part I think any reputable company will make a good jock, can’t be to hard to put a hard cup inside some padding. 
 

this is it but it’s sold out https://www.goaliemonkey.com/accessories/jocks-cups/adult-jocks-cups/bauer-goalie-supreme-jock-sr.html#box_reviews

Edited by Quadzilla32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Been using a Bauer  supreme pro double cup for a long time and has held up well and thankfully never felt anything. I want to make sure I’m protected so I wear a normal cup in my compression pants a long with the pro jock. 
 

got it 7/8 years ago and still looks new and think they still make them. For the most part I think any reputable company will make a good jock, can’t be to hard to put a hard cup inside some padding. 
 

this is it but it’s sold out https://www.goaliemonkey.com/accessories/jocks-cups/adult-jocks-cups/bauer-goalie-supreme-jock-sr.html#box_reviews

Thank you for your input! Saw that one while researching as well, but unfortunately since its sold out I had to keep looking. Right now I'm leaning toward a Warrior X2 Pro, which has had great reviews. Thanks again for your advice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first jock was a bauer reactor and one day I feel a shot ! Be sure after that for every shot you receive you hope to don’t receive a shot there 

the next day I bought a warrior pro jock ( 1st gen ) I’ve never felt any shot with it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely a fan of my warrior x2. Bulkier than my eagle double cup, but never interfered with movement and has held up great so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Of course, this is just my opinion

Stanley Cup coming to Kingston in honour of 75th anniversary of ...

Well Rich, you got me there. Unfortunately I don't think I can gain access to that one :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Definitely a fan of my warrior x2. Bulkier than my eagle double cup, but never interfered with movement and has held up great so far. 

Thanks Coop! Appreciate the input. Looks like I'm going to go with that one! Gotta protect the valuables ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my Warrior 1st gen for 5/6 years and it's been great for me in any ways possbile. I wouldn't switch to anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vaughn SLR Pro carbon. Defenitely on the bulkier side, but protection is top. My second cup is older Bauer Pro (one with the air pillow inside), realy good one, but Vaughn protection is better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nohtaram said:

Got my Warrior 1st gen for 5/6 years and it's been great for me in any ways possbile. I wouldn't switch to anything else.

Awesome, +1 for warrior. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mik said:

Vaughn SLR Pro carbon. Defenitely on the bulkier side, but protection is top. My second cup is older Bauer Pro (one with the air pillow inside), realy good one, but Vaughn protection is better.

Heard great things about that one as well. Thanks for your input!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Warrior one mentioned above.  Not because I did a lot of research, but it was available at my local shop.  I can say that I have made a cup save one game, and honestly, I did not feel it, but knew it went in there.  I wear that as the only level of protection there, no secondary cup or any of that, and that game I was so impressed with how it took care of me.  I couldn't tell ya if it hit the padding above or direct on the cup itself, but I guess that is kind of the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also another Vaughn SLR user. Hasn't let me down yet after a few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The John brown single is very nice. Came from a Reebok and then a Brian’s pro Goaler before that. I don’t wear a second cup, this one is great. The double Brown is a bit extreme though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Been using the same old rbk double cup for almost 12 years with a player cup under it never had an issue 

Edited by Xdave90x
Correct mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...