Bauer 2x pants

Quadzilla32

Hey guys,

been narrowing down what pants to get and for fun tried on some Bauer 2x pros and actually really liked the way they felt. They were one of the only pants I tried on that let me use the internal belt that didn’t interfere with tucking in my chesty. I’ve never really been a fan of Bauer gear and have always thought it looked/felt cheap. Does anyone have these pants that can give some feedback on protection and durability. They felt really light and were comfortable to move around in but that lightness might sacrifice protection. 

Background I have been using Simmons pants for 7/8 years and have held up pretty well. I do not know if that is a far stretch for off the shelf newer lighter pants to get that many years. 

34 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Can't go wrong with those. I just find Bauers prices to be ridiculous when there is a whole market of pants for a lot less. 

I know what you mean it seems like you can get every other companies “pro” level pants for $100/150 less 

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Can't go wrong with those. I just find Bauers prices to be ridiculous when there is a whole market of pants for a lot less. 

26 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

I know what you mean it seems like you can get every other companies “pro” level pants for $100/150 less 

?!

Using Goaliemonkey prices...

Bauer 2X Pro $329.99

Vaughn SLR2 Pro Carbon $339.99

Brian's Optik 2 $399.99

Warrior X2: $289.99

The only real outlier is

CCM Premier: $174.99

Everything else I saw was a senior model (Vaughn Pro = Senior, Vaughn Pro Carbon = Pro).

3 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Got it mixed up with website that was CAD

wonder if the premiers are cheaper because the axis pants are coming out. Or if their pro versions are slightly beefier SR level stuff. 

Yep. Premier is old and on discount. I believe Axis pants are gonna retail for $329 USD.

6 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Yep. Premier is old and on discount. I believe Axis pants are gonna retail for $329 USD.

Have you had an experience with them? Might pick up a pair since they are discounted but i would rather pay a little more and get a more durable/ protective pant

found some ve8 pro carbon pants for $250 but don’t have them local to try on. 

3 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Have you had an experience with them? Might pick up a pair since they are discounted but i would rather pay a little more and get a more durable/ protective pant

found some ve8 pro carbon pants for $250 but don’t have them local to try on. 

The Premier pro pants? I've been wearing a pro stock CCM pant for a long time. Had a Reebok 11k pro stock before that and a RBK Pro (retail) before that. There are all pretty much the same. They haven't changed much over time. I've never had issues with durability or protectiveness.

Never worn a Vaughn pant so I can't say anything about those.

I like my premiers. Also with respect to the pants, there has been zero change in them for the last 4-5 years, just different colors. If you can find new ones for less then 250 go for it. 

And sorry I was looking at Canadian prices before, 400 plus tax for 2x is crazy! But I have had the nxg pants, Bauer makes durable good pants as well.  They held up great.

15 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I like my premiers. Also with respect to the pants, there has been zero change in them for the last 4-5 years, just different colors. If you can find new ones for less then 250 go for it. 

And sorry I was looking at Canadian prices before, 400 plus tax for 2x is crazy! But I have had the nxg pants, Bauer makes durable good pants as well.  They held up great.

What size you wear and do you tuck? I tuck and deciding to get either med/large, probably will remove the inner belt and use suspenders unless I can rig the belt to work and not get in the way. I’m 5”10/11 and 185lbs my normal pants are 32-34 depending on the manufacturer 

49 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

What size you wear and do you tuck? I tuck and deciding to get either med/large, probably will remove the inner belt and use suspenders unless I can rig the belt to work and not get in the way. I’m 5”10/11 and 185lbs my normal pants are 32-34 depending on the manufacturer 

We may be a little different because I want to  look big in net, I do tuck, I'm 5'11, close to 200, pants 33 too, but I like XL. Go with a large, it will be fine, don't think about it too much. 

4 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

We may be a little different because I want to  look big in net, I do tuck, I'm 5'11, close to 200, pants 33 too, but I like XL. Go with a large, it will be fine, don't think about it too much. 

Do you use the internal belt or just suspenders?

thank you for all the feedback and help, going to go with a large and call it good 

1 hour ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Do you use the internal belt or just suspenders?

thank you for all the feedback and help, going to go with a large and call it good 

I do use the belt yes, but you don't have too. I used a large as well and was fine. Just like it bigger. 

Are you just starting out to play?

Am ordering a custom made pair of Brown 2400 pants for $400 cnd. These aren't off the shelf, all custom built to my measurements. The way stock pant prices are and continue to go up Brown is now becoming a normal price. I wanted the 2x pants but having another pairs of Browns made custom for me was to hard not to pass up. 

3 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

IIRC D30 has been added to the teardrops at the hip.

@Quadzilla32
I've noticed you've been on a tear recently with pant posts...I can respect that

I've worn a few different brands of pants but have always stuck with either Premier or Velocity.

Started wearing larges in high school when I was 5'11 and 150lb.   I've only grown horizontally since then, not an inch vertically :( - still wear a large.
Have worn chesties tucked with suspenders and untucked with a tie down mod on the inside of my chesty (but generally untucked, I like having an air gap between my chesty and my body to create an air cushion) and never had an issue with mobility either way.

Greatly prefer Velocity, I think they move better, and IMO the nylon they use is heavier duty than the CCM.
Have a pro stock Varlamov pair right now - they are tanks but still move really well. 
A few years ago, I had a pro/college return pair where I consistently got bruised through the big front thigh padding - the foam probably got beat down over time.

I've had one pair of Bauer pants a long time ago, the Vapor XXX.  I wanted to try a pant with an integrated knee pad. 
The only real memory I have of them is thinking how stiff they were when I was shipping them out after I sold them.

image.png.c1b6760747303a80de612298b613201b.png

2 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I do use the belt yes, but you don't have too. I used a large as well and was fine. Just like it bigger. 

Are you just starting out to play?

I’ve been playing for a little while but this is the first time I’m changing up my pants. I have been in the same one brand since I started. They are a pair of plain Simmons and don’t have any type of internal belt or anything like that. I just picked up playing one day so don’t have to much experience with different brands.

8 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

Am ordering a custom made pair of Brown 2400 pants for $400 cnd. These aren't off the shelf, all custom built to my measurements. The way stock pant prices are and continue to go up Brown is now becoming a normal price. I wanted the 2x pants but having another pairs of Browns made custom for me was to hard not to pass up. 

I looked Into brown a little bit but they didn’t seem to wow me but have heard nothing but good Things about their gear. Then again I don’t know if pants can wow someone.  

59 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

IIRC D30 has been added to the teardrops at the hip.

@Quadzilla32
I've noticed you've been on a tear recently with pant posts...I can respect that

I've worn a few different brands of pants but have always stuck with either Premier or Velocity.

Started wearing larges in high school when I was 5'11 and 150lb.   I've only grown horizontally since then, not an inch vertically :( - still wear a large.
Have worn chesties tucked with suspenders and untucked with a tie down mod on the inside of my chesty (but generally untucked, I like having an air gap between my chesty and my body to create an air cushion) and never had an issue with mobility either way.

Greatly prefer Velocity, I think they move better, and IMO the nylon they use is heavier duty than the CCM.
Have a pro stock Varlamov pair right now - they are tanks but still move really well. 
A few years ago, I had a pro/college return pair where I consistently got bruised through the big front thigh padding - the foam probably got beat down over time.

I've had one pair of Bauer pants a long time ago, the Vapor XXX.  I wanted to try a pant with an integrated knee pad. 
The only real memory I have of them is thinking how stiff they were when I was shipping them out after I sold them.

image.png.c1b6760747303a80de612298b613201b.png

I have heard mixed reviews on the protection of premiers but I only play intermediate beer league with ex high school players sprinkled in with the rare occasion of college players but lower level college. Makes me a little wary since I don’t want to drop money on them and they give me stingers.

vaughn pants however seem to be a good deal and offer durability and protection, they are just more expensive but not that much more right now since the ve8’s are older and the v9’s are hitting stores soon.   

I’ve looked at smaller manufacturers too like Brown and Simmons, which I’m currently in  and nothing really stood out to me. My Simmons seem heavy but they have been very protective. 

On 5/13/2020 at 6:09 PM, Quadzilla32 said:

Hey guys,

been narrowing down what pants to get and for fun tried on some Bauer 2x pros and actually really liked the way they felt. They were one of the only pants I tried on that let me use the internal belt that didn’t interfere with tucking in my chesty. I’ve never really been a fan of Bauer gear and have always thought it looked/felt cheap. Does anyone have these pants that can give some feedback on protection and durability. They felt really light and were comfortable to move around in but that lightness might sacrifice protection. 

Background I have been using Simmons pants for 7/8 years and have held up pretty well. I do not know if that is a far stretch for off the shelf newer lighter pants to get that many years. 

What can you compare those 2x pro pants too? I'm in a Premier pant right now but my team pants that I have to buy are 2x pro pants unless they change them to Ultrasonics this year. Do you think I'd have a hard time switching to a 2x pro from premier? (Pants are the one thing that I don't know anything about their differences besides the internal belt.)

Not to hijack the bauer pants thread but I'm in the market too. Open to anything but leaning new warriors or vaughn. I untuck but am looking for a pant that is fairly wide through waist/hips. I've never used one but think an internal belt would allow me to feel connected while still being able to leave the outer belt more relaxed to keep its width. I've never had an issue with protection with previous pants so don't anticipate that would be an overly big factor. Any thoughts or recommendations?

1 hour ago, GriffD31 said:

What can you compare those 2x pro pants too? I'm in a Premier pant right now but my team pants that I have to buy are 2x pro pants unless they change them to Ultrasonics this year. Do you think I'd have a hard time switching to a 2x pro from premier? (Pants are the one thing that I don't know anything about their differences besides the internal belt.)

I’m kind of in the same boat as you I have only used one pair of pants the entire time I have been playing and can’t really compare anything because I haven’t used anything else. When I tired them on however they felt pretty comfortable and not super big and bulky. I have tried on the premiers and they seemed a lot more stiff off the shelf but will probably break in. The 2x’s seemed like they were already broken in. The side/waist area didn’t go up as far as the premiers and actually were pretty soft. the 2x’s though did let me tuck in my chesty right away with very minimal adjustments. The premiers took me a lot longer to mess with to get them to sow what fit ok. Between the two pants though the 2x’s seemed to be smaller and not as bulky. Granted the premiers are pretty big and bulky by design but the Bauer’s seemed to give up some coverage. This might actually be the case but trying on each pant in a large the premiers seemed wider. 

have you had any issues with your premiers? Are you able to still use your internal belt while tucking? Whenever I tried to tuck the tabs that connect the belt to the pants got in the way and didn’t let my chesty fit all the way into the pants. 

Archived