Bauer 2x pants

Quadzilla32

23 minutes ago, Ryan W said:

Not to hijack the bauer pants thread but I'm in the market too. Open to anything but leaning new warriors or vaughn. I untuck but am looking for a pant that is fairly wide through waist/hips. I've never used one but think an internal belt would allow me to feel connected while still being able to leave the outer belt more relaxed to keep its width. I've never had an issue with protection with previous pants so don't anticipate that would be an overly big factor. Any thoughts or recommendations?

What Vaughn pants are you looking at? I’m narrowing my selection between premiers, Ve8’s or another set of Simmons. 

I tried on the warriors and there seemed to be just to much stuff going on in the front for my liking. There were several straps that held down different things and the belly pad was awkward for me. I do tuck though and the belts interferes with that but if you didn’t tuck I’m sure it would be ok. 

I was looking at both the SLR2s and VE 8 pro carbon. Unfortunately my LHS only carries ccm, warrior and bauer. I haven't tried on the warrior but I thought they looked quite wide. Maybe it was just all that stuff in the front as you said that gave me the illusion of being wide? I do however like the idea of an internal belt even though I've never tried it. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan W said:

I was looking at both the SLR2s and VE 8 pro carbon. Unfortunately my LHS only carries ccm, warrior and bauer. I haven't tried on the warrior but I thought they looked quite wide. Maybe it was just all that stuff in the front as you said that gave me the illusion of being wide? I do however like the idea of an internal belt even though I've never tried it. 

I was hoping to be able to use the belt and tuck still so I can eliminate suspenders and have one less thing to put on. From what I’ve been told and read from others that Vaughn make nice pants and everyone seems to be happy with them. Warrior pants are pretty wide since no matter the size they are all 38 at the waist and the s/m/l/xl only determines the pant length. I might try the warriors on again and see if I can get them to work since people have high marks for them. 

On 5/14/2020 at 11:34 PM, Quadzilla32 said:

I was hoping to be able to use the belt and tuck still so I can eliminate suspenders and have one less thing to put on. From what I’ve been told and read from others that Vaughn make nice pants and everyone seems to be happy with them. Warrior pants are pretty wide since no matter the size they are all 38 at the waist and the s/m/l/xl only determines the pant length. I might try the warriors on again and see if I can get them to work since people have high marks for them. 

I mean sure the belt helps but you would really need those suspenders for that snug tight hold, pants have a belt as well but I'm not sure if it's enough to hold everything in place. 

Any of those pants you guys mentioned are good, just go out to stores soon enough and try them on. I find that most guys go by a liked brand. Any will do really. 

Pulled the trigger and got the premiers, my LHS had them marked down below $200. Used them the same night and so far I like them with minor tweaks. I was able to use just the internal belt and they stayed up ok but I did have to adjust them a couples times. I played around with the outer belt and cinched that one down too but think I prefer to keep that loose and get more open feel. I tied the lace into my chesty and I was able to tuck my chesty without it coming out. 

The only issue  that I came across is that the internal belt pushed my chesty up a little in the front making me look really fat. I’m sure i can play around with it to work it out. I might ditch the internal belt all together and just use suspenders and tie into my chesty in the front and my new passau chesty that’s on its way has a fighting strap buckle in the back and will clip that in too. 

10 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Good price on that, can't go wrong. Your chesty will go up once you're in your stance for a shot, just physics, especially when you tuck. Nothing wrong with suspenders, you can also adjust how tight you want it.  I use it all and got used to it. 

It was the belt not letting the chesty go all the way into the pants. The chesty was shoved up even when I was standing up. I think I just got to play around with it to get it right. I was somewhat in a hurry to get in the ice and just cinched it down and rolled. 

43 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

It was the belt not letting the chesty go all the way into the pants. The chesty was shoved up even when I was standing up. I think I just got to play around with it to get it right. I was somewhat in a hurry to get in the ice and just cinched it down and rolled. 

where are you getting ice? Can I come...

30 minutes ago, Ryan W said:

@mr_shifty1982

You seem familiar with all of these. Do any of them seem particular bulky (in a good way) or are any more tapered/closer to new nhl regulations??

Thanks

I don't understand the question? Regarding pants? I wouldn't want anything NHL spec, you play beer league you want to look big trust me. CCM is bulky in a good way. 

4 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I don't understand the question? Regarding pants? I wouldn't want anything NHL spec, you play beer league you want to look big trust me. CCM is bulky in a good way. 

Ya, I'm looking for bulky lol. Was just curious if any of them are definitely bulkier or narrower than the other or if theyre all fairly similar? My current pants are fairly narrow and I have to pull the waist belt really tight to fit snug. So when theyre on its narrow at the waist and I have to really squeeze my arms or get beat between the arms and body more than my previous pair (older pro returns).

25 minutes ago, Ryan W said:

Ya, I'm looking for bulky lol. Was just curious if any of them are definitely bulkier or narrower than the other or if theyre all fairly similar? My current pants are fairly narrow and I have to pull the waist belt really tight to fit snug. So when theyre on its narrow at the waist and I have to really squeeze my arms or get beat between the arms and body more than my previous pair (older pro returns).

I love bulky, I wear an extra size too big lol I'm in xl. Best advice though is get with the suspenders, they will hold your pages up. No need to tie is up so hard. 

Archived