IPv6Freely's Never-Ending Season

IPv6Freely

7 hours ago, mik said:

Good game, they got lot of chances in the 3rd, but you shut the door :) .

It is not easy for ref to handle it alone. Hard to tell if the second goal was scored after whistle or not, it is realy close. Maybe puck was still on the line, maybe not. But it look like ref is blowing the play dead at first...

No ref in the world has reaction time that good, so my guess is he was blowing the play dead and saw the puck go in and called it a goal. 

On one hand it’s annoying to have a goal against, but on the other if it had been properly covered it wouldn’t have been an issue. Thankfully it had no bearing on the outcome. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smart play @ 3:10 under the circumstances. Btw, catcher or center field? lol. Your skating looks like it has gotten more sure footed and better balanced. Very good technique from 3:58 to 4:02. Overall, an excellent performance and your best since you began posting including at the other place. You had it going. Good work, Mr. Jones! Whatever you did to get ready, you might want to replicate it.

Last night's pickup. It was okay, at least my back didn't hurt. But definitely let in some goals that I shouldn't have. I think my timing was off a bit too, as I found myself struggling with rebounds more than usual. Even during warm-up I had difficulty just catching the puck. Fun night, regardless. 

18 hours ago, Fullright said:

Smart play @ 3:10 under the circumstances. Btw, catcher or center field? lol. Your skating looks like it has gotten more sure footed and better balanced. Very good technique from 3:58 to 4:02. Overall, an excellent performance and your best since you began posting including at the other place. You had it going. Good work, Mr. Jones! Whatever you did to get ready, you might want to replicate it.

Haha I was a catcher but played my share of the outfield when we had the backup catcher playing ;) I've made a couple of these plays during games. Makes sense to just catch it rather than letting it drop and who knows who gets a whack at it. 

WHO WANTS TO SEE A MASSIVE PILE OF GARBAGE? 

I've lost games 12-3 that felt better than this. This is ridiculous. This team is now 14-2 (two losses vs. us). I really hope the league director fixes that. 

Oh here's a fun one. You guys have seen me go catch pucks up in the air. This one I misjudged, realized I wasn't going to be able to reach it... and it hit the crossbar *facepalm*

I almost wish it'd gone in because it would have summed up the rest of the game perfectly.

crossbar.gif

I guess I technically played hockey tonight. Though I probably wouldn't have even been sweating if I wasn't wearing 20lbs of gear. I don't think I've ever cared so little before. See if you can spot the point where I stop trying. The stick to the side of the head was a nice touch too. 

I definitely had enough of the asshole who thinks he's hot shit. I plowed into him last year when he went for his 20th cherry pick of the night. Didn't even bother with the puck. I'm starting to really think there's some merit to my assertion that matte/carbonfibre helmets are the new white gloves or mirrored visor. Every person I've ever seen wearing one is a douchebag.

I think I'm done with this pickup group as long as he's there. 

23 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

Oh ok. When I hear "pickup" I think "open" or "drop-in" hockey, where it's like just whoever shows up.

Yeah. These aren’t games, rules aren’t enforced, and score isn’t kept. The only thing special about it is that we get handed a jersey each week and that people sign up in advance. It’s not much different from your typical pickups.

2 hours ago, Imperative said:

Good game man! Love the glove save on the 3-0 break

I don't know why he shot. A deke or a pass and I'd have been done for.

1 minute ago, Fullright said:

I don't know about that "thing" at the end, lol. Nice game!

What, you have a problem with Mon Calamari women? RACIST! 

Archived