IPv6Freely's Never-Ending Season

IPv6Freely

5 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Beautiful video... i’ll keep that in mind a set I’m currently looking for one 

I had a Hero+ previously. It was the cheapest model you could buy that could do 1080p@60, and I didn't need the back LCD or anything since it was just being used on the glass anyway. For the first time in my life I actually bought the extended warranty, figuring it could get hit by a puck, and ended up needing it when the shutter button stopped working. They gave me a Target gift card for the full purchase price and since the Hero+ was discontinued I said screw it and bought the Hero 6 that had just come out, since it's the only one that does 4K@60. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First video in forever. I haven't been to pickup in ages, and I keep getting refs that don't allow my camera during league games.

I injured myself early on kicking out to make a save. I spent a significant chunk of the rest of the night on my knees and couldn't push left or right. I'm having a hard time walking today. Not fun. 

1 minute ago, insertnamehere said:

@IPv6Freely I did something similar a couple weeks ago about halfway through a game. Played the second half of it basically with one functioning leg. I do not recommend it. Had it been pickup hockey instead of a league game I'd have called 'er a night.

This was pickup but I didn't want to disappoint everyone so I tried my best. I just wasn't going to be moving much after that. When I got home it hurt but was tolerable, but then after sleeping I could barely even walk this morning. 

I really need to fix my flexibility... 

1 minute ago, IPv6Freely said:

This was pickup but I didn't want to disappoint everyone so I tried my best. I just wasn't going to be moving much after that. When I got home it hurt but was tolerable, but then after sleeping I could barely even walk this morning. 

I really need to fix my flexibility... 

I was just going to post about needing to work on my flexibility....

I need one of these machines -

11 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

@IPv6Freely I've got a Stretch-a-Flex that I got years ago and I'm sure it'd help if I used it with regularity, but my problem is that I just don't feel like spending my time stretching.

I'm just so completely inflexible its just frustrating and feels like a hassle. Even basic hamstring stretches are embarrassingly bad. Like, MAYBE 35-40 degrees. 

24 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I'm just so completely inflexible its just frustrating and feels like a hassle. Even basic hamstring stretches are embarrassingly bad. Like, MAYBE 35-40 degrees. 

Ive found stretching  twice everyday and after a match has helped alot

9 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I know, I'm just lazy. Same reason I'm 80lbs overweight. 

According to BMI (which isn't a great individual indicator) I was about 72 pounds above the higher end of a normal weight. I dropped 60 pounds roughly and was still "technically" overweight, but with a body fat test I was around 12% (not so fat). Once I figured out about how many calories I needed to maintain my weight, it's pretty simple to lose or gain weight. Dropping weight has definitely improved my goaltending.

7 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

According to BMI (which isn't a great individual indicator) I was about 72 pounds above the higher end of a normal weight. I dropped 60 pounds roughly and was still "technically" overweight, but with a body fat test I was around 12% (not so fat). Once I figured out about how many calories I needed to maintain my weight, it's pretty simple to lose or gain weight. Dropping weight has definitely improved my goaltending.

Indeed. And like the number on the scale, the BMI doesn't mean much when you get to a certain point as well. Obviously at 5'9 when I look at my scale and it says 255 I'm not going to sit there and say weight doesn't mean anything. But once I'm down around my goal weight, yeah BMI and weight are both basically tossed out the window. Body fat % and inches (and clothing sizes) is what matters at that point.

That said, I just started a medically supervised liquid fasting diet. 20 weeks long. Weekly meetings, blood draws, and then a year of maintenance meetings afterwards to keep people from putting the weight back on with things like cooking classes. Doctors expect me to be down about 70-80lbs by the end of the 20 weeks. 5 shakes a day, 500 calories total per day. Its super boring but once you're in ketosis you're no longer hungry. I actually forget to drink my shakes now because I'm never hungry.

I also drink way more water than I'm used to. I could often use the bathroom 1-2 times a day total. Playing hockey was literally the only time I'd drink plain water for weeks. Now I'm taking a leak every 2 hours or so. I feel really good actually. 

9 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Indeed. And like the number on the scale, the BMI doesn't mean much when you get to a certain point as well. Obviously at 5'9 when I look at my scale and it says 255 I'm not going to sit there and say weight doesn't mean anything. But once I'm down around my goal weight, yeah BMI and weight are both basically tossed out the window. Body fat % and inches (and clothing sizes) is what matters at that point.

That said, I just started a medically supervised liquid fasting diet. 20 weeks long. Weekly meetings, blood draws, and then a year of maintenance meetings afterwards to keep people from putting the weight back on with things like cooking classes. Doctors expect me to be down about 70-80lbs by the end of the 20 weeks. 5 shakes a day, 500 calories total per day. Its super boring but once you're in ketosis you're no longer hungry. I actually forget to drink my shakes now because I'm never hungry.

I also drink way more water than I'm used to. I could often use the bathroom 1-2 times a day total. Playing hockey was literally the only time I'd drink plain water for weeks. Now I'm taking a leak every 2 hours or so. I feel really good actually. 

500 calories a day? Good thing it's medically supervised.

Best of luck with the diet. Try and let your leg heal up or at least let it get some what pain free before working on it with stretches/exercises. My ham still bugs me from time to time after having blown it up on 11/24/17. Here's hoping things turn around for you.

I didn't play this weekend, but a teammate who had just started learning to play goal volunteered to sub. He had very little experience (he'd put on the pads TWICE before) but hey, if he's up for playing in D5 (his two previous games were a pickup and a rookie league game) I'm all for giving him a shot.

Unfortunately somehow the camera ended up being in photo mode so it was taking a picture every few seconds. I stitched them together to make what basically looks like a time lapse video. 

Huge credit to the guy for stepping in there. And despite a loss, we came back from 7-3 to lose 8-7. He should be pretty damn proud of himself!

Archived