Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

16 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Try! Once your go to beer league, you are there. 

Whats the worse thing that happens? You don’t make it and end up in men’s league? It’s the same out come... do it!!! 

I think I will try out maybe I will make a thread "house to Jr B" or something like that to track my progress and see my improvement hahaha

22 hours ago, bfast said:

It was my last year of dominating house so I don't have a choice hahaha. Not good enough for Jr. B so beer league it is 

21 hours ago, bfast said:

I haven't tried to make a junior B team but they are definety going to take a midget AAA goalie over a third year house goalie. And unfortunately it is the only option besides beer league no jr c teams in my area. I have thought about training and trying to improve and then just trying out for a Jr B team to see what happens but idk. 

Looks to me like you've already made up your mind.

Listen kid, no one will hold your hand and walk you through life and make those decisions for you! You are responsible for where you want to be and the actions you take now will avoid going through the "wouldas, couldas, shouldas" in 10, 20, 30 years from now! When I was 18, I contacted my local junior teams to tryout and they both told me they couldn't, that they already made their pics. They told me to contact the junior B team that was an hour's drive away from home. My mother didn't drive and my dad wasn't in the picture. I got mad...and gave up my chance at maybe getting somewhere. I became a "wouldas, couldas, shouldas" down the road. I didn't do what I needed to pursue my dream and so it floated away. I live with my decision every single day. The worst is not if I could of or not make the team...it's that I didn't even give it a shot. That's what pisses me off. I will never know what my chances were, good or bad.

In the end, you live by these words: "If you think you're good enough, you're probably right. If you think you're not good enough, you're probably right to"

"Thoughts become things, choose the right ones" - The Universe

Good luck kid ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mik said:

From tournament this weekend:

IMG_6778.JPG

IMG_6600.JPG

IMG_6834.JPG

IMG_6843.JPG

NOT chirping you at all, but are you aware your helmet looks a bit a small?

Fully understand if you know, that’s all that’s available to you, or it’s not in the budget... 

but just feel obligated to point this out. Helmet safety is something I’m passionate about and not everyone realizes how their bucket fits 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

NOT chirping you at all, but are you aware your helmet looks a bit a small?

Fully understand if you know, that’s all that’s available to you, or it’s not in the budget... 

but just feel obligated to point this out. Helmet safety is something I’m passionate about and not everyone realizes how their bucket fits 

Do you mean the gap between mask and backplate? Can it be from doing this - I just sometimes slap mask back with move of head only? I see this problem only on some photos, I thnik that backplate should be inside (red area).

IMG_2865.thumb.JPG.af85c5551aa93082a0d05b534954ccf5.JPG

Maybe backplate should be placed lower or I should cut out piece of foam (green area)? Because I don´t feel the mask to be small, in reality it should be more tight. It is just like backplate should go more inside, but it is stuck by foam at green area. 

IMG_3061.thumb.JPG.06800d7d473bb2210ef90a2a1b69b433.JPG

Itech/Bauer 960 was just allways best feel for me, budget or availibility is not concern in case of mask.

I really appreciate any comment - helps to try find where the problem is ;) .

36 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Your helmet doesn't fit. You really don't want any gaps like you have between the helmet and backplate.

As for fit, you'll be able to get a tight fit regardless, it just seems that the depth of your current helmet is too shallow.

I know, that gap shouldn´t be there. Thanks and appreciate your comment. I'll definitely look at it when I come home from work today. I have a previous mask somewhere (Itech), so I will try to compare if bauer is realy that shallow.

EDIT: or my head is bigger than used to be :D

Edited by mik

11 minutes ago, mik said:

I know, that gap shouldn´t be there. Thanks and appreciate your comment. I'll definitely look at it when I come home from work today. I have a previous mask somewhere (Itech), so I will try to compare if bauer is realy that shallow.

Yea take a look and let us know.  I've got a Bauer lid, I also have a orange on a toothpick sized head and I'm able to get a decent fit (won't say it's perfect).

IMG_0866.thumb.JPG.247b458889d461fc92e50e10884f7b4c.JPG

On 3/8/2018 at 6:03 PM, bfast said:

I think I will try out maybe I will make a thread "house to Jr B" or something like that to track my progress and see my improvement hahaha

It's only 364 days until next year's tryouts... get ready.

QueasyBlindHyena-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

16 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea take a look and let us know.  I've got a Bauer lid, I also have a orange on a toothpick sized head and I'm able to get a decent fit (won't say it's perfect).

I found my previous mask from Itech and it is even little shallower  than bauer 961, but the problem with gap was not there. This was strange, because I remember that I wanted exactly same fit, when I bought 961.

So I tighten the highest strap on backplate (it was obviously very loose) and the other top side straps too. Then changed position of the chin cup a little. It works realy well and helps a lot. Now my mask sits snug at my face, before there was a little moving around cheek bones. Conclusion - I realy must pay attention to the mask straps and check them sometimes.

coopaloop1234 and TGN - thanks again for your comments, maybe I would not found probelm..before some serious shot to the head. 

Edited by mik
  • Like 2

On 3/12/2018 at 10:59 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Is this a picture with the team you're putting in the rear view mirror... ironical if it is... very ironical.

Edited by BadAngle41

15 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

@TheGoalNet may not have been chirping you... but I am @mik. Squeeze the water out into your mouth... you're not making out with the darn thing!! HA

All joking aside... nice Hiller setup.

:D and thanks, it is my favourite set.

Edited by mik

• 2 weeks later...

Finished our season last night.  It was my first time playing "competitively" in 15 years and was great to get back on the ice.  Our league actually has a photographer that comes out and shoots just about every game which is kind of cool  Here are some of the photos from throughout the season.  

BRUHA20170115FSvTA-0070.jpg

BRUHA20180301HLTvTA-9.jpg

BRUHA20180301HLTvTA-11.jpg

BRUHA20180308SAvTA-14.jpg

BRUHA20180308SAvTA-15.jpg

BRUHA20180311CCCPvTA-3.jpg

BRUHA20180318TAvTMD-15.jpg

BRUHA20180318TAvTMD-19.jpg

BRUHA20180320TAvBLM-1.jpg

BRUHA20180320TAvBLM-4.jpg

BRUHA20180320TAvBLM-24.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigeasygator said:

Finished our season last night.  It was my first time playing "competitively" in 15 years and was great to get back on the ice.  Our league actually has a photographer that comes out and shoots just about every game which is kind of cool  Here are some of the photos from throughout the season.  

BRUHA20180320TAvBLM-24.jpg

Great pics... was that last shot a 2 on 1 play? 

2 hours ago, Ghostender said:

@bigeasygator - great pics - nice to get the pics on a regular basis

In the third pic, looks like your D man (#18 or 19) got his pants from "blue light special" at the local dumpster company

Yeah...there's some old equipment out there for sure.  He's one of the better players in the league, so they've gotta be working for him!