Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

16 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Kinda neat to see how much smaller the Optik is visually.

yeah.  I'm sure it will scare some people a bit.  I know I was worried about it, but after watching in game I'm really not that concerned.  Mobility is king and his helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Photos from the previous season (2017-18)

Gear Present:

Pads - CCM EFlex 2's, Glove - Vaughn v6 2200, Blocker - CCM Premier, C&A - v7 XF Pro (custom), Pants - CCM Premier, Helmet - Bauer 960xpm, Sticks - Sherwood GS350 (if anyone knows where they still have those let me know), Skates - CCM Ribcor 44k

DSC_8770.jpg

DSC_3275.jpg

DSC_6595.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dunsnd said:

Gear Present:

Pads - CCM EFlex 2's, Glove - Vaughn v6 2200, Blocker - CCM Premier, C&A - v7 XF Pro (custom), Pants - CCM Premier, Helmet - Bauer 960xpm, Sticks - Sherwood GS350 (if anyone knows where they still have those let me know), Skates - CCM Ribcor 44k

DSC_8770.jpg

DSC_3275.jpg

DSC_6595.jpg

Used to play a few games a year against Gilmour back in the day.  Good memories.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was a long day but if I recall properly they are manufactured in Canada. The pads are surprisingly light, the thigh rise is a bit bulky in comparison to G3 and SLR's i have demoed previously.  I have tried their flat face 35+1 and 34+1 pads and couldn't get the pads to sit on my foot like my Bauer pads do, resulting in my leg sliding down the pad when going down in butterfly. This could me addressed by a boot strap and a different boot angle. The catcher only comes in a 60 degree break for both the two and single piece cuff, the reason i got was that their manufacturer thinks that glove breaks are only just a gimmick. I found the blocker a bit too bulky than my current one, but offer both a binding and bindingless options. 

hope this helps!

20 minutes ago, itis121 said:

their manufacturer thinks that glove breaks are only just a gimmick.

Not to get all critical on this, but how did they reach this hypothesis? 580 glove break definitely closes in a different way than the other breaks. 600 and 590 do feel similar to me, though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Not to get all critical on this, but how did they reach this hypothesis? 580 glove break definitely closes in a different way than the other breaks. 600 and 590 do feel similar to me, though.

The explanation I got was that there was only about a 15° change between the index and the thumb and  about a 4° at the palm when getting different glove break (between a 60° and a 75°).

Edited by itis121

On 5/23/2018 at 6:05 PM, Dunsnd said:

Gear Present:

DSC_8770.jpg

DSC_3275.jpg

DSC_6595.jpg

The other goalie on my team bought a new glove, but they only had it in black in the shop, and he was feeling a little down about it because it wasn't matching his mostly white other white gear. Then I saw a pro goalie on TV with a black glove...and then another...and now you. Is this a "thing" now? Or just a string of coincidences?

• Like 1

I need to do something about this gaping hole on my blocker side.  Maybe a shorter stick?  I don't think I had this problem when I used my Passau sticks.

IMG_8205.JPG

IMG_8206.JPG

IMG_8213.JPG

IMG_8207.JPG

IMG_8208.JPG

IMG_8209.JPG

IMG_8211.JPG

IMG_8212.JPG

This one must have been taken as I was skating to my net after the second intermission.  The guys at one end of the bench were sniffing smelling salts.  I asked for it and wasn't smelling much of anything even with some real deep breaths.  I asked for a new one and took a real big whiff and it almost put me on my ass hahaha

IMG_8210.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I need to do something about this gaping hole on my blocker side.  Maybe a shorter stick?  I don't think I had this problem when I used my Passau sticks.

IMG_8205.JPG

IMG_8206.JPG

IMG_8213.JPG

IMG_8207.JPG

IMG_8208.JPG

IMG_8209.JPG

IMG_8211.JPG

IMG_8212.JPG

Gaping hole, like you’re getting beat there? Or you’re looking at the pics and thinking there’s a (very small) gap?

might simply being a case of one being one’s own worst critic. ?

2 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Gaping hole, like you’re getting beat there? Or you’re looking at the pics and thinking there’s a (very small) gap?

might simply being a case of one being one’s own worst critic. ?

Just looking at pictures and seeing a hole.  It could quite possibly be me being a critic but the hole is there.  I don't get beat there all that often though, thankfully.

On 6/3/2018 at 10:35 AM, itis121 said:

Yesterday was a long day but if I recall properly they are manufactured in Canada. The pads are surprisingly light, the thigh rise is a bit bulky in comparison to G3 and SLR's i have demoed previously.  I have tried their flat face 35+1 and 34+1 pads and couldn't get the pads to sit on my foot like my Bauer pads do, resulting in my leg sliding down the pad when going down in butterfly. This could me addressed by a boot strap and a different boot angle. The catcher only comes in a 60 degree break for both the two and single piece cuff, the reason i got was that their manufacturer thinks that glove breaks are only just a gimmick. I found the blocker a bit too bulky than my current one, but offer both a binding and bindingless options.  

hope this helps!

Who told you this? The Infinity guys?

It probably has more to do with MOQ (minimum order quantities)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

This one must have been taken as I was skating to my net after the second intermission.  The guys at one end of the bench were sniffing smelling salts.  I asked for it and wasn't smelling much of anything even with some real deep breaths.  I asked for a new one and took a real big whiff and it almost put me on my ass hahaha

IMG_8210.JPG

Something about this picture is just amazing.

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Something about this picture is just amazing.

35 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Its that probably that stud in the green jersey.

I think it's how the unfocused yellow railing goes right into the ribbon on the chin of the mask. Nice that the rink keeps up their railing so well.  ?

Great pics... wish we had someone take some during my Old Men Slapping at Pucks events.