Jump to content

Show Off Your Action Photos


SaveByRichter35
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Where was this held? Do you travel there?

This one was in Pittsburgh. The summer event is in a different city each year. The winter event stays in Detroit every year. So yep I flew from San Diego to Pittsburgh. 

26 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

4 opposing players in front, 3 defenders behind the goal line.

Good ol' beer league.

Hah, was just a private pickup for another site I belong to :) The D was actually generally better than most beer leagues, for the most part! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

4 opposing players in front, 3 defenders behind the goal line.

Good ol' beer league.

8 guys, 1 net

8 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

This game was a 3-2 shoot out win(2-0 in the shootout).  There were actually 3 photographers at this game but idk what happen to the pictures from the other two cameras though.

PHL_7.21.18 - ST vs KN-61.jpg

I skate occasionally in practice environments with kids back in town from their junior, D1, and pro teams
This post just made me realize that I see more shot blocks in those (again, PRACTICE) sessions than on my own beer league team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chenner29 said:

I skate occasionally in practice environments with kids back in town from their junior, D1, and pro teams
This post just made me realize that I see more shot blocks in those (again, PRACTICE) sessions than on my own beer league team

Honestly I think this picture doesn't really show what actually happen.  He probably lost an edge and is falling down lol.  Although this team we're playing against in these pictures is probably our biggest rival so he quite possibly could be going all out, I don't remember.  Game was on 7/20.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

Honestly I think this picture doesn't really show what actually happen.  He probably lost an edge and is falling down lol.  Although this team we're playing against in these pictures is probably our biggest rival so he quite possibly could be going all out, I don't remember.  Game was on 7/20. 

See, when my guys fall down, they are actually carrying the puck
They skate pretty well without it.
Then again, they have to, because they usually are chasing after the puck carrier because they got smoked with a head fake at the blue line. lol
So, whether or not your dude clipped an edge, I'm still envious that your guys are squaring up to the shooter inside the face off dots

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

See, when my guys fall down, they are actually carrying the puck
They skate pretty well without it.
Then again, they have to, because they usually are chasing after the puck carrier because they got smoked with a head fake at the blue line. lol
So, whether or not your dude clipped an edge, I'm still envious that your guys are squaring up to the shooter inside the face off dots

Yea I can't complain.  My guys are pretty solid for the most part.  They let a few too many back door opportunities happen but I would probably put that blame more on the shoulders of the forwards not getting back quick enough to help out the dmen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Jeez, those are some high quality photos, gotta buy my dad a new camera... 

decent quality pictures of a low quality goalie

D64B119B-B833-4306-89C2-6AE1D26C422F.jpeg

51D94249-0FA6-4389-90C6-526515550DF9.jpeg

1B40FFED-15DD-4408-8B2E-95E8A36C9A1E.jpeg

As an expert on low-quality goalerizing myself (like, to the point that nobody takes any pictures of me) it looks like you're holding your stick in the wrong hand; Fix that, and you should see some improvement.

:rofl:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, where do you guys play where there are so many (or even one) photographers at your games?? That's really cool — I don't care too much, but I'd dig seeing a photo of myself in net once in a blue moon. I've played up in Boston for about 5 years now, and I've almost never seen so much as somebody's wife or buddy take a phone pic from the bleachers...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

This game was a 3-2 shoot out win(2-0 in the shootout).  There were actually 3 photographers at this game but idk what happen to the pictures from the other two cameras though.

PHL_7.21.18 - ST vs KN-97.jpg

Nice photos SBR35. And this is my favourite goalie position :D .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Man, where do you guys play where there are so many (or even one) photographers at your games?? That's really cool — I don't care too much, but I'd dig seeing a photo of myself in net once in a blue moon. I've played up in Boston for about 5 years now, and I've almost never seen so much as somebody's wife or buddy take a phone pic from the bleachers...

Obviously @SaveByRichter35 's rink is super rare (but obviously really cool).

Just need to find the guy's wife/girlfriend that has a decent camera and doesn't mine wasting a few hours of her life for your own gain. :P

Thankfully, my fiance is that woman.

IMG_0873.thumb.JPG.543421fb707807b7c7a2264ebef1dd7e.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Man, where do you guys play where there are so many (or even one) photographers at your games?? That's really cool — I don't care too much, but I'd dig seeing a photo of myself in net once in a blue moon. I've played up in Boston for about 5 years now, and I've almost never seen so much as somebody's wife or buddy take a phone pic from the bleachers...

The league in which I play has a photographer take pictures for every team at least once or twice per season.  Some more than others.  I think my team gets a little more love than others because the photographer is also a goalie and loves my gear lol.

4 minutes ago, mik said:

Nice photos SBR35. And this is my favourite goalie position :D .

Hahaha its a comfortable one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Obviously @SaveByRichter35 's rink is super rare (but obviously really cool).

Just need to find the guy's wife/girlfriend that has a decent camera and doesn't mine wasting a few hours of her life for your own gain. :P

Thankfully, my fiance is that woman.

IMG_0873.thumb.JPG.543421fb707807b7c7a2264ebef1dd7e.JPG

Its not the rink, its the league.  There are no wives up in the stands when we play lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I would say yea 9.9 times out of 10

Yeah, I think my team has a (completely unspoken) "no significant others" agreement. I get it. I used to ask my wife if she wanted to come watch me play like, maybe once a year, but I haven't in a while — the guys I play with never have anyone coming to watch them, and I'd feel a little bit sheepish being the one guy who asked his wife to come watch them and take photos (not that anyone would really care). Plus, I played in an outdoor league this winter, and the league I'm in now has a lot of late games... and neither of those scenarios agree with my gal's delicate sensitivities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stackem30 said:

Man, where do you guys play where there are so many (or even one) photographers at your games?? That's really cool — I don't care too much, but I'd dig seeing a photo of myself in net once in a blue moon. I've played up in Boston for about 5 years now, and I've almost never seen so much as somebody's wife or buddy take a phone pic from the bleachers...

Mine was at an event for the biggest hockey gear site on the interwebs so we usually have photographers at the events. 

However, the site owner has become obsessed with making videos and taking photos so he does it all himself now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stackem30 said:

Yeah, I think my team has a (completely unspoken) "no significant others" agreement. I get it. I used to ask my wife if she wanted to come watch me play like, maybe once a year, but I haven't in a while — the guys I play with never have anyone coming to watch them, and I'd feel a little bit sheepish being the one guy who asked his wife to come watch them and take photos (not that anyone would really care). Plus, I played in an outdoor league this winter, and the league I'm in now has a lot of late games... and neither of those scenarios agree with my gal's delicate sensitivities. 

I used to ask my wife and she'd occasionally go but I don't even bother anymore. Usually it's a "no thanks you guys are boring" kind of answer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...