Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

9 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ah yes, goalie legs. They're a thing.  I"m fairly lean, 5'10, 165 lbs. and trim.  But my upper legs and lower torso are way more muscular than the rest of my body.

I got a calf cramp in the locker room after a 90 minute pickup game that was the 2nd of back to back nights.  It actually floored  me and I yelled for my buddy in the other room who is a message/ligament therapist and he helped me get my gear off and was working on me and everyone was commenting on my thighs and quads and hips.

I was in agonizing pain and just yelled "it's goalie body leave me the F aloooooooooone.!!!" 

Ha.

Happens when all of your body proportion goes straight to your legs and hips

8 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

@seagoal well done sir

Thanks man, I'm digging this stuff, for sure....even though the jerseys ended up a bit more green than my gear, it still sorta works, just not perfectly.  Just like my goaltending :)  I had a case of the ole "stopping the one you shouldn't stop and the easy ones, well...." today.  A couple of little squeakers and one super hard one-timer that I couldn't react to, but it hit my skate and just stayed there and a second F just tapped it in.  Oh well, fun game.  I made 3 really awesome saves, fist bumps from the opponents and refs.  So that was nice. 

Edited by seagoal

9 hours ago, seagoal said:

Careful, we are shunned on here for liking split outer rolls.  But I did it right, I think, in my biased, subjective opinion.  Ha. 

Your set shows just why a split outer roll works.  Its not simply split to add an accent color... It flows with the graphic and color scheme you chose.  Usually Vaughn pro goalies are the worst for it

18 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Your set shows just why a split outer roll works.  Its not simply split to add an accent color... It flows with the graphic and color scheme you chose.  Usually Vaughn pro goalies are the worst for it

Would look even better if it was only the outer roll on the toe that was baby blue. ;)

:P

58 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Yeah, for me it only works if the adjacent colors are the same.  If the roll color clashes with adjacent color it looks funky.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.   I was so excited to show you all.

On 6/3/2019 at 12:02 AM, seagoal said:

Finally had an early game today and some coworkers were able to come out and snap a few pics.  Unfortunately, the on-ice photo is kinda choppy but it's a good stance shot.  

20190602_204852.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

20190602_205001.jpg

20190602_203103.jpg

I love how the vision you had for the colours, the team logo, and the mask painting were all realized in such obvious and impressive harmony. You must be wanting to have mirrors all around you when you're suited up; I know I would!

So the one tiny little thing for me when I first saw these pics was the white stick tape. Instinctively, I wanted to call out a tape faux pas, but looking at it some more, I'm not sure now. I mean, it picks up the white in the jersey, but it's in such stark contrast to the black stick. And the dark blues in the gear and uniform are not black, which throws things off too. Maybe a blue, if it was the right shade...? I'm sure you've considered this, so what thought process ultimately brought you to white stick tape...?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I love how the vision you had for the colours, the team logo, and the mask painting were all realized in such obvious and impressive harmony. You must be wanting to have mirrors all around you when you're suited up; I know I would!

So the one tiny little thing for me when I first saw these pics was the white stick tape. Instinctively, I wanted to call out a tape faux pas, but looking at it some more, I'm not sure now. I mean, it picks up the white in the jersey, but it's in such stark contrast to the black stick. And the dark blues in the gear and uniform are not black, which throws things off too. Maybe a blue, if it was the right shade...? I'm sure you've considered this, so what thought process ultimately brought you to white stick tape...?

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Nice setup @seagoal!

Thanks fellas.

Aww, I love you guys.  Kindred spirits on here for sure. 

@Lucky Pucker the white tape is honestly just habit and routine.  I used to wear all Bruins colors and had sport gold tape for a while and felt it was sorta overkill and didn't really like it.  My stick doesn't match anyway so having tape that looks off is not that big of a deal.

Don't get me wrong...I love being a matchy match goalie, obviously, and I take enough shit for it from the boys I play with around here, especially my goalie friends who would think we are a bunch of psychos on this site talking about goaltending and gear all day everyday.  But that said, I've never minded a stick/tape that doesn't match. 

However, if Warrior made a Pro + in baby blue you bet your ass I'd get one....or 3 :)

You can see I do have some baby blue tape just below the knob, so give me some credit.

Edited by seagoal

17 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Baby blue may be out of the question, but the white base / blue lettering would look good too.

You know, if you want to be a super try hard. :P

So when I was in Surrey last and I bought these Pro+ sticks, THS was out if my size/curve in blue.

I tried man, I tried real hard.